• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mega MANectric (M Manectric EX / Seismitoad EX / Kyurem)

Neos

I am Neos. Who are you?
Pokemon:

• 4 Manectric EX
    3 M-Manectric EX
    2 Kyurem
    2 Seismitoad EX
    1 Jirachi EX
    1 Mewtwo EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Juniper
    3 N
    2 Skyla
    2 Lysandre
    1 Colress
    1 AZ

2 Rough Seas

3 Ultra Ball
    3 Muscle Band
    3 Manectric Spirit Link
    3 VS Seeker
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    1 Tool Retriever
    1 Professor Letter
    1 Max Potion
    1 Computer Search
    1 Switch
Energy:

• 5 Water Energy
    5 Lightning Energy
    3 DCE

Strategy:

So the main strategy is to get M-Manectric out early game, and have a Kyurem on the bench, and maybe some more M-Manectric, and just start hitting for 110, as well as accelerating energy. Kyurem is very good, especially against Fighting, as Manectric is weak to Fighting. This deck is very strong, once powered up. And has a good Yveltal match up.

RE: Mega MANectric (M Manectric EX / Seismitoad EX / Kyurem))

I'd try to find room for AZ and more VS Seeker. You can pick up something after it takes a hit, put it back down, and Turbo Bolt the Energy back onto it. I might also drop a Kyurem for a Mewtwo since it's such a good all around attacker. My Energy line was similar except -1 Water and +1 DCE. Seismitoad does surprisingly well against other Seismitoad.

RE: Mega MANectric (M Manectric EX / Seismitoad EX / Kyurem))

okay, so i changed up everything. do you think this deck will do good in the meta, and after rotation,(XY-ON) or will M Rayquaza (Colorless) or Mega Gardevoir another deck i like will be better. I just want a solid deck that i will spend maybe like $125 or $150 on, and then not spend much post rotation. so yeah. thoughts would be awesome

Is the Kyurem you use the Outrage one, or the Plasma one? Either way, you unfortunately lose a lot post-rotation (assuming XY-on) given that Jirachi EX, Mewtwo EX, both types of Kyurem, all ACE Specs, Max Potion, N, Colress & Skyla all go away. At present, it's hard to say what will be good post-rotation, so I would maybe hold back on investing in a Mega Ray/Mega Gard deck until some decent testing has been carried out in the new format.

So umm, i kind of wanna jump into pokemon right now, or should i wait, and play some other ccgs until pokemons rotation list is released. I like this deck, but man, it loses so much stuff. I guess ill hold off, and just play online.

To be honest, the deck you've got here will still be great until rotation, and even after rotation you can still play in Expanded (which I get the impression a lot of players will want to play, given all the new cards it will be getting). If you'd prefer, you could always make a budget deck to see you through to the next rotation, or you could even just proxy the more expensive cards so you're not spending money on cards that will (likely) leave standard in a few months time.

Again though, with all of this, we are assuming an XY-on rotation, but if it's LTR-on, then a good portion of your deck is safe for a year.

Even after rotation, you could always turn this into an YvelTric deck with relative ease (and minimum expense if you don't mind how Promo Yveltal looks)

If were talking expanded, i played with Rayeels so much before i quit pokemon, so would that deck be a good buy to just play in expanded? And also, I dont care about arts, so how would a Yveltric deck work?

I'd say that if you used to play RayEels, and you're comfortable playing that deck, then I'd stick with RayEels. After the last few tournaments I've played with new decks, 30% of winning is having the right cards and 70% is being comfortable and familiar with the deck you're playing (at least, that's how it felt to me).

As far as YvelTric decks work, I hate them. Don't get me wrong, I respect the sheer power of the deck; it's just like to run non-tier1 decks, so I always have a bad time playing against it. For some decklist ideas, there's a couple in Deck Garage here and here. There's also the official Yveltal EX Variants thread that has some discussion regarding the intricacies of the deck if you look through the posts (no official skeleton list for it though surprisingly)

Back