• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Latios for New Standard / Steam Siege

amberlink

Aspiring Trainer
So I wanted to try something with Mega Latios, any advice is appreciated, feel it could use quite a bit more work

Pokemon: 13
  • 4 Latios-EX
  • 3 M Latios-EX
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
  • 2 Clauncher
  • 2 Clawitzer
Trainers: 33
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Skyla
  • 4 Mega Turbo
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Special Charge
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Latios Spirit Link
  • 1 Dive Ball
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Shrine of Memories
Energy: 14
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
  • 7 Psychic Energy
  • 3 Water Energy

Last edited:
I question the necessity of Clawitzer BREAK. Vanilla Clawitzer is the one with the power you want, and Mega Latios's strength is his huge snipe. I guess sometimes you might wanna do 240 to the Active, but is that worth sacking your Clawitzer for? You also don't have any way to get Clawitzer out of the Active spot if he gets gusted up.

-1 Clawitzer BREAK
-1 Hex Maniac (I don't see a need for two; just Sonic Ace Garbodor the second he hits the field)

+2 Float Stone

I question the necessity of Clawitzer BREAK. Vanilla Clawitzer is the one with the power you want, and Mega Latios's strength is his huge snipe. I guess sometimes you might wanna do 240 to the Active, but is that worth sacking your Clawitzer for? You also don't have any way to get Clawitzer out of the Active spot if he gets gusted up.

-1 Clawitzer BREAK
-1 Hex Maniac (I don't see a need for two; just Sonic Ace Garbodor the second he hits the field)

+2 Float Stone

I knew I forgot something important in here...and yeah that's a pretty good point on removing those. Although Hex Maniac does also let me kill things like Carbink and Giratina (if I were to use it twice), I'm not sure how important that is with my ability to just choose a different target

That's why you can still run one Hex Maniac. The dragons matchup will still be tough because Chaos Wheel blocks Clawitzer from accelerating DDE and you will need to use Hex twice just to KO one Giratina. That might be the only instance in which you might want to keep Clawitzer BREAK is so you can OHKO Giratina-EX with one Hex use.

I've thought about trying out Silent Lab, and maybe Octillery instead of Shaymin, and grabbing more Dive Balls, just not sure what I'd take out, or how effective this change would even be, just something that came to mind as an idea

I've thought about trying out Silent Lab, and maybe Octillery instead of Shaymin, and grabbing more Dive Balls, just not sure what I'd take out, or how effective this change would even be, just something that came to mind as an idea
Definitly Silent Lab, the Death of Night March may bring a rise of Carbink/Zygarde.

Silent lab won't work on Carbink BREAK so that's something to remember.

Hex Maniac is the only way. Either that or hit him before he evolves.

Well, quite honestly Clawitzer in this deck works a lot like Bronzong or Eelectrik, so considering it like that, wouldn't you at least want to play 3-3 Clawitzer/Clauncher.

I knew I forgot something important in here...and yeah that's a pretty good point on removing those. Although Hex Maniac does also let me kill things like Carbink and Giratina (if I were to use it twice), I'm not sure how important that is with my ability to just choose a different target

The thing about M Latios is that the bench is where you get prizes. Shaymin sniping either gives you fast prizes or the opponent has to slow down his deck and not play any. Now Giritina is what will screw you. If you can Lysandre up something with a high retreat you can just leave it there and hit the bench. And unless the opponent can retreat whatever you pull from the bench, the Chaos Wheel spam ends giving you a turn or two of special energy. Also Pokémon Ranger ends Chaos Wheel effect... I think.

Back