• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Gyarados / Lapras

PKMNCollector

Aspiring Trainer
I have asked for help/input with this deck elsewhere and it has been going well, but thought I'd ask you guys to see if you could think of anything to add/takeaway. I'm not clued up on every card, every effect, what people are playing nowadays so odds are there's something I'm probably missing!

Pokémon - 21

• 3 Gyarados-EX BKP
  • 3 M Gyarados-EX BKP
  • 3 Lapras-GX SUM
  • 2 Manaphy-EX BKP
  • 2 Golduck BREAK BKP
  • 2 Psyduck BKP
  • 1 Golduck BKP
  • 1 Golduck SUM
  • 2 Remoraid BKT
  • 2 Octillery BKT

Trainer Cards - 29

• 2 Aqua Patch
  • 2 Rough Seas
  • 3 N
  • 1 Skyla
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Evosoda
  • 3 Gyarados Spirit Link
  • 2 Max Elixir
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Dive Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Max Potion

Energy - 10

• 10 Water Energy
Strategy/ideal first draw/setup would be Lapras with 1 energy as a buffer while setting up M Gyarados and Golduck Break (and Octillery for draw if needed). Manaphy to retreat Lapras and use M Gyarados.
Golduck Break is super handy to move energy around.
Even if I'm having no luck getting Garys, I can use Lapras' Blizzard Burn, retreat for free for another Lapras and switch the energy! (If that's how quad Lapras works then I apologise, I've only heard of it, never seen it!)

My only gripe at the moment is that electric decks are smashing me, especially Tapu Koko GX. Is there anything out there that could help with that?

Back