Mega Diancie-EX Premium Collection / Gallade-EX Box Photos [12/24]

Gotta say, the artwork on both cards look far better than the scans we initially saw in the Japanese leaks.

Mega Diancie is cool with a cool attack effect, but capping at 190HP on a Mega with no access to Spirit Links makes it a vulnerable target to Heatran, which can OHKO it. You can still combo it with Aromatisse and Substitute Robot, so it balances out to be good.

Gallade looks at least decent with the help of Dimension Valley. 3 for 130 is okay, and Assault Sword can target down a utility Pokemon and take an easy KnockOut with a Lysandre. The following is a list of all popular cards that can lose easily to it:

It takes out Expanded Eelektrik, Aromatisse, Spiritomb, Mewtwo-EX, Night Marchers, Raichu, Dedenne, Meloetta-EX, pretty much every NFE card, Garbodor, Electrode, Mr Mime, Deoxys-EX, Toolbox Sigilyph, Victini, Dragalge, Miltank, Machamp, Klefki, Golbat, Wobbuffet, and Both Slurpuffs with Muscle Bands.

I actually plan on using Christmas money to maybe get this collection, because I really like the card, and I still have a lot of cards to find to complete my XY, Flashfire, and Phantom Forces collection. All the more helpful by the fact that this is only a $19.99 product, in comparison to the $49.99 demanded for the Mega Metagross Collection.

Edit: Misread the card that Assault Sword does 60 more, instead of 40. It's a bit less playable then I initially thought, but it still looks fun.

It is peculiarly funny that Gallade-EX and M Diancie-EX released at the same time, and they fight each other in that ORAS Anime Trailer.

I wish i had the monies for these 2 and Metagross box =/

Maybe I'll get them for my Birthday in 02/2015 :)

That Pin sure is Awesome though :)

Hmmm... I hope Gallade is a decent price (that Jumbo probably [unnecessarily] increases the price. I may get that one if it's low enough.

bbninjas said:
Hmmm... I hope Gallade is a decent price (that Jumbo probably [unnecessarily] increases the price. I may get that one if it's low enough.

Other Collections were 20 USD, so this one should be too

I hope to find these things later on and get them. Need them both. I already suspected they wouldn't be out in February like the last annoucement said, but they really are early...at least in some places. I have my doubts they'll be early here.

Pikachu6319 said:
I hope to find these things later on and get them. Need them both. I already suspected they wouldn't be out in February like the last annoucement said, but they really are early...at least in some places. I have my doubts they'll be early here.

Yeah, some stores just don't have any sense of timing with Pokemon cards. Every Walgreens in Lake County has this strange idea to only put new packs in stock once all the ones in the TCG isle are out of stock. They also only put in new Pokemon TCG products on Fridays, so if they run out of Phantom Forces packs on Sunday, you'll have to wait a while before you actually get to buy more.

I'd get the Gallade Box but I still am not sold on the artwork. Diancie, on the other hand, looks cool but so expensive. I guess you get what you pay for :/

Wow, that was early! I seriously want the Mega Diancie box, but $39.99?? Oh, well, I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get it at some point. If not now, maybe later.

P.S. Happy Holidays everyone! :D

It doesn't make sense for it to be the same price as an elite trainer box with 2 less packs.

There are some promo things I'll buy multiples off just for the pull ratios such as Pyroar Box, Ancient Power Box, the 3 packs and elite trainer boxes.

But then there are others like these where I'll likely get 1 of each and that's it.

Gotta say though, I wish they would make Full Art Promos again, specifically of Metagross and Gallade like they did Darkrai and Giratina in that one box.

I have to say that I never got good pull ratios from the Pyroar Box and Ancient Power Box. For me it was a good thing I wanted the cards that were displayed inside.

I've had decent pulls from 3 packs and ETB but honestly not enough to warrant buying another set of them, especially the latter at that 40 dollar price tag, and even less important when you don't really play, making the dice and counters a novelty more than anything else (sleeves can still be used just to hold cards in binders).

Maybe you just have better luck with pulls.

That being said, it is weird to have the Diancie collection be as much as an ETB with less packs. Granted it has the coin and pin FTW and of course Diancie EX/M. Diancie EX but again not sure how much that means. Of course M. Diancie EX is only the second mega released outside of a set, with the first one being 50 dollars, so I guess one could argue that means something...or not.

I actually want them to make regular forms of the Metagross EX/M. Metagross EX we got in the collection, I know it was thematic given the release of ORAS but regular ones would be nice to have as well.

M diancie EX is not nearly as good as I originally thought. I orginally thought that it stoped all damage from all pokemon and not just damage from pokemon EX. Its still a good attack outcome but with so many Non EX attackers running around right now and such low HP for a mega it will be easily KO'd. If M diance leaves the active spot then the effect ends meaning it will be lysandred around. With that being said I will probably get at least one of each box and my fiance really likes fairy pokemon so i might get her a couple.

I went to the Target by my house looking for these. They had no decks, boosters, or promos left, just bare hooks and tags.

Yeah, I went by Target and Wal-Mart for what that was worth to see if they had it. Target was pretty much empty except a few tins, some random packs, and oddly two Metagross collections. Walmart only had a few random packs, a Xerneas box and two Pyroar boxes. This assumes of course that the M. Diancie EX collection and Gallade EX box were ever released early at my places.

Hmm...no one caught his reference to the red-eyed kid. The meaning behind that still bugs me a bit..haha.

Back