'Mega Beedrill-EX Premium Collection' in August!

Oh look, they made it into a Mega Beedrill Collection instead of a set, just as I thought.

and for Europe, the figure will be replaced with a jumbo card, not that it needed to be mentioned or anything.

Still, GIVE!

I think most of us saw this coming. Now we wait for the next obvious pin set blisters for Steam Siege, I bet it will be M. Gardevoir and Volcanion.

I hope this means we won't get a reprint set but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Beedrill is awesome and I'll have to build a deck around him.

In Expanded, he would combo well with Virbank City Gym, no?

[G][G] Hazard Stinger: 40 damage. Discard all Energy attached to this Pokemon. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed and Poisoned. Between turns, place 4 damage counters on it instead of 1 for Poison.

40 base damage + 40 poison damage + 20 damage from Virbank City Gym = 100 damage in one turn from two energies.

Plus the opponent gets paralyzed, so unless the opponent has a way to switch/heal/evolve, you're looking at another 60 by the next turn.

Beedrill is awesome and I'll have to build a deck around him.

In Expanded, he would combo well with Virbank City Gym, no?

[G][G] Hazard Stinger: 40 damage. Discard all Energy attached to this Pokemon. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed and Poisoned. Between turns, place 4 damage counters on it instead of 1 for Poison.

40 base damage + 40 poison damage + 20 damage from Virbank City Gym = 100 damage in one turn from two energies.

Plus the opponent gets paralyzed, so unless the opponent has a way to switch/heal/evolve, you're looking at another 60 by the next turn.

4 Max Elixir + 4 Energy Switch = LET ME DREAM.

Na it's all about sceptile with ability. Drop energy and heal it while it paralysis stuff. With the with the right build you can attack with it every turn. In theory.

Easily one of my favorite Megas now comes in delicious EX flavor? Yes please. Might build a deck around it if I can sustain the purchase.

First decent promo Mega? With Paralysis, they cannot retreat, but they can rush in and retreat with something like Zoroark. Maybe Garbodor is a good partner, and Stantler for finishing blows?

Mega Beedrill EX is nice. Pretty good actually. But when compared to other Mega Pokémon it doesn't seem ground breaking. Let's compare it with the new Mega Gardevoir for example:

-As a duel type Gardevoir can hit for weakness a lot, there are many competetive cards in the format weak to either Fairy or Psychic.
-A little more HP doesn't hurt
-Can consitently 2 hit K.O. Pokémon EX
-Does 110+ damage for a single energy with Dimension Valley in play
-This energy does not have to be discarded
-Poison can very easily be countered with abilities, tools, stadiums and supporters
-Can discard benched Pokémon for extra damage that are a nuisance (Yes, Shaymin EX)
-(con) Has a retreat cost of two

But I'm not complaining. Certainly a great promo.

Back