• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mblastoise / Greninja = Heavy metal deck

energyfullart(?

Full Art Ultra Rare
Pokemon 17
  • 3 Blastoise EX
  • 3 M Blastoise EX
  • 4-2-4 Greninja (XY)
  • 1 keldeo EX

Trainers 31
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 N
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Evolution Soda
  • 3 Professor Letter
  • 4 Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 2 Float Stone

Energy 12
  • 12 Water

Strategy
main attacker M Blastoise EX
support greninja it could help to reach the OHKO and also it could hit the turn you m-evolve
hydro bombard + 2x30 + 4 greninja hits 4x30 300 total o_O
if you only want to ohko an EX
hydro bombard + 2 water shuriken
if you want to ohko Mvenasaur ex
hydro bombard + 4 water shuriken
but hydro bombard would also be hitting future opponents so you do not have to use water shuriken every turn (and you dont need 4 greninja and 4 energies per turn)
if you has played two Mblastoise ex, you can also send a greninja to force 7 prizes

cards that didnt know how to include
tropical beach
muscle band
HipnotoxicLaser
virbank city
lapras (xy)
kyogre EX
dusknoir

RE: Mblastoise/greninja = Heavy metal deck

I think multiple keldeo could help but I like the idea

I would cut 1 Energy Retrieval for an extra N for harrassment/hand refreshment. I would also cut just 1 Prof. Letter for Colress for that awesome late game drawpower. Otherwise those, I think this deck should run fine.

I'm not sure about running 3 Mblastoise EX, as when you play one, your turn ends, and if you get to a point where you are able to play all three, you wouldn't want to anyways, since that's 3 turns of damage gone. Yes I can see where Greninja can absorb some of that difference with the ability to snipe every turn for an energy, but I don't know that it'll make up enough to consider 3. 2 or even 1 should be fine. And in their place you could increase consistency almost anywhere.

Regirocket said:
I'm not sure about running 3 Mblastoise EX, as when you play one, your turn ends, and if you get to a point where you are able to play all three, you wouldn't want to anyways, since that's 3 turns of damage gone. Yes I can see where Greninja can absorb some of that difference with the ability to snipe every turn for an energy, but I don't know that it'll make up enough to consider 3. 2 or even 1 should be fine. And in their place you could increase consistency almost anywhere.
ok, but You're forgetting that blastoise ex has a pretty decent attack too
Keldeo is also a good option. Although, I should include at least one more :p

energyfullart(? said:
Regirocket said:
ok, but You're forgetting that blastoise ex has a pretty decent attack too
Keldeo is also a good option. Although, I should include at least one more :p

How was I forgetting that Blastoise EX has good attacks? I was talking about Mega Blastoise EX being too heavy in this deck. Plain old Blastoise EX is fantastic, and should probably be the center-piece of this deck. That's why I suggested not using the Mega version so much. It'll slow you down too much, when the regular version pumps out plenty of damage.

I too have given some thought to utilizing Greninja in a deck and you've developed a great combo concept. Props.

Have you started any playtesting yet? It seems to me that since there is no energy-attachment acceleration in this deck, your starting basic Pokémon will take a beating early game till you get a BEX loaded with sufficient energy to attack. So, maybe a Max Potion for early prize denial?

Also, an Exeggcute would be quite useful as discard fodder for your Ultra Ball and Computer Search.

Lastly, through playtesting, you may find that 1-2 Superior Energy Retrieval may be quite useful too. Some blend of ER/SER may be better.

ok you, both are right
so ti will be
-1 M Blastoise ex +1 blastoise ex

could work this way? -4 energy retrieval -1 computer search +1 colress +1 exeggcute +2 Superior energy retrieval +1 scramble switch

Back