May's English Set: 'Roaring Skies', First Info Revealed! [2/10]

FIRST YAY!

Okay, this set has 4 megas. That's new. The most to date has been three, not including Primal Clash with 2 Primals and 2 Megas. On the other hand, this is good in terms of trying to get them out already. Of course all we know is M. Rayquaza and M. Latios...wonder if this is dragon or psychic. The latter might make a bit of sense when you consider that we get psychic versions of Latios and Latias in the new trainer kit. Anyone else find it odd that we seem to be only getting one of the Latis?

I hope we get Reshiram and Zekrom as dragon types rather than fire/electric respectively. Personally I wouldn't mind fairy Arceus and dragon Arceus too but that might be too much to ask as this point. I just hope we get something new in the fairy variety. That would be a Gardevoir line OR a Togekiss line OR a Whimsicott line.

I don't even play this game but Mega Turbo Energy is a hilarious card name

now what if it did something bonkers like "Mega Turbo Energy provides [C] energy. When the Pokemon this card is attached to Mega-Evolves, your turn does not end"

:^)

Are they really wasting an ex spot on Thundurus? Didn't we just have one in Plasma Freeze? Maybe it's like Dialga and the full art will be a secret rare. Also another Latios Ex and FA and another Rayquaza Ex and FA.

The Mega's will be cool but that's a lot of filler. Unless the duplicates don't count towards the 11. I hope they don't count towards the 11.

Another Thundurus EX? Really? He already got an EX in Plasma Freeze (Thunder Knuckle) and an FA in Emerging Powers (White Collection). Such a waste of an EX spot. :\

I'm guessing the turbo energy is some kind of lightning energy?

If double dragon energy is what I think it is (A double rainbow energy exclusively for dragons), it could be broken. And here I was thinking a single dragon energy would be good. Looking forward to more Dragon support.

I honestly don't really mind another Thundurus, Tornadus got 2 EX's so why shouldn't Thundurus?

I'm also kinda assuming that we'll get a M-Latias EX to go along with the M-Latios, and I think the last mega might be Salamence or Altaria, just to fit with the "sky-high" theme. I also want a Barbaracle EX, but only because I like Barbaracle.

I do wonder though, will all Deoxys appear or only the Normal forme, like in Plasma Freeze?

Tornadus should never have gotten 2 EXes in the first place either. :p

I guess I'm less upset about the Latis getting double EXes because 1) they have Megas now, so it makes sense, and 2) they're fitting for ORAS. and 3) the weather genies from gen 5 are like the least interesting legendaries ever and I wish Pokémon would stop pushing them on us.

Yeah, I think they would tell us specifically if the Deoxys in the set was an EX, and we already got a Deoxys EX anyway. Not that that seems to matter to PCL. >_>

Athena said:
Yeah, I think they would tell us specifically if the Deoxys in the set was an EX, and we already got a Deoxys EX anyway. Not that that seems to matter to PCL. >_>

I think Steffen means Speed, Defence, Attack forms.

This seems a lot like my fake card set I made where it was space themed and the main Pokeon were Rayquazza and Deoxys :eek:

I think that Latias EX and Reshiram EX are a given. Hopefully the last mega is Gyrados

Hmmm we might finally have our dragon energy :D OR it might be like a double rainbow but only for dragons ... We must think that with the magma aqua sets its effect might be "discard this card at the end of the turn" which would definitely be LAME! I feel in this format the enhanced hammer destroys it ... there should be a freedom with the special energies and consider that NOW we have special type energies ... if it was only xerosic it would be balanced (my opinion) ...

M RAY YES ! We only need a freaking cool art :p My guess : Attack Dragon Ascent or Mega Dragon Vortex 100x the amount of energy discarded ^.^

Last but not least, I reaaaally adore the poor EX - great Mega Idea! In the next (?) or the format after the next one (?) there should only be megas ^.^ a GREAT way of playing and balanced ... no 1 turn benching Ray and dragon vortex for 180 damage ... only Spirit link megas is a great format :) It CAN revive the Stage 2 pokemon deck :) but we need broken time space distortion ... but that's when Sinnoh will be confirmed.

Reggie McGigas said:
This seems a lot like my fake card set I made where it was space themed and the main Pokeon were Rayquazza and Deoxys :eek:

I think that Latias EX and Reshiram EX are a given. Hopefully the last mega is Gyrados

I don't think Reshiram and Zekrom are EX's. Wouldn't it say EX on the front page if they were? :)

Yeah, I don't think either of them would be EXes, probably just regular cards. Though it is kind of weird that they mention Zekrom and not Reshiram.

And, again, we already have EXes for them both anyway. :U

I'm really excited to see a very Dragon centered set! But, bad for me, as I want all the Dragon EX and Mega cards. xD

Back