Discussion Maxie's Rampardos (Ultra Prism)

TheJollyFlyingMan

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
s-l225.jpg

Does anyone else think this tech has potential in expanded? In either a dedicated deck or as a one-of in Lycanroc and Buzzwole decks as an alternative to Gallade?

The first attack does 120 to any evolved pokemon for 1 [F] which one-shots a Zoroark GX out of nowhere. And the second move, though much harder to set up, gives you a free 2 prizes off a Shaymin or Lele. I'd imagine something like Carbink Break would be the best way to give Rampardos 3 energies for it.

Could be fun, I think Gallade with Maxie's would be better in terms of consistency and has a better attack, as you are playing a supporter every turn. Great Idea though.

This is a reasonable idea and I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a competitive deck. A dedicated deck would make more sense in my opinion.

Other ideas would be Shining Mew, use Legendary Guidance to put a strong and a counter onto Rampardos , and then sac the Mew

EDIT: And maybe Mew EX , so you can use Rampardos' attacks multiple times without maxie'ing every time. Though with this route you forfeit the ability to use Strong energy and hit Zoroark for weakness.

I could imagine the deck running on an engine similar to that Guzzlord/Mew engine in this article, but with less acceleration needed: http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/11/thankful-gluttony

Back