• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

MagnePluff (Magnezone, Jumpluff) Please offer advice

Do you think this deck is worth playing?

• Total voters

Mist

Yo, my name is Brock. I'm the master of rock
This is an interesting deck I made that works suprisingly well. I have been trying to find a match with Jumpluff, so I have been trying many different things with it. This is the best one in the long run.

Pokemon 18
2-1-2 Jumpluff
4-4 Cinccino
1-1-1 Magnezone Prime
1 Zekrom
1 Pichu

Trainers 28
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Professor Elm's Training Method
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Interviewer's Questions
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Flower Shop Lady
3 Rare Candy
4 Pluspowers
2 Revive

Energy 14
4 Grass
4 Electric
4 Double Colorless
1 Rainbow
1 Rescue

Strategy: The goal is to always have a full bench. Get out Jumpluff and Cinccino out ASAP and use Magnezone for draw power and to hit heavy late game. Zekrom fit nicely in the deck because it can use DCE or electric. Pichu is to get full bench that is my favorite starter. Pluspowers for extra damage needed. Unfortunately, I do not own any Catchers, so don't suggest those. Hope you give suggestions.

Very interesting. I think you should have a thicker Magnezone line because a single prized Magnezone or Magnemite will make it so you are unable to get a out a Magnezone.

I don't think Rainbow is needed, because you'll mostly be attacking with Cinccino or Jumpluff, and won't need it. Rainbow puts a damage counter on the Pokémon too, and because or Jumpluff's low HP, a single damage counter could enable a knockout. Also, 12-3 energy is fine because Magnezone provides amazing draw-power, and will let you draw into what you need quickly.

-1 Rainbow Energy

Lightning Energy also should be used often. There are not many energy in this deck, and with no energy acceleration using Magnezone to attack will leave a Magnezone active with no energy plus no energy acceleration. Keeping two just in case is fine, but no more are necessary.

-2 Lightning Energy

Revive isn't very good in the deck either because you'll get the basic back but not the attacker. Rescue Energy is better because it will get the attacker and the basic form back, plus it counts for energy and works under trainer lock. In this case, Rescue Energy is much better than Revive.

-2 Revive
+2 Rescue Energy

Interviewer's Question is not needed at all in this deck. With Magnezone's Magnetic Draw, you'll easily be able to get all the energy needed for attacking. Interviewer's Question, unlike Magnetic Draw, takes up the Supporter for the turn- another bad thing able Interviewer's Questions. An increased Magnezone line will make drawing energy much easier, and Magnetic Draw is much more efficient than Interviewer's Questions.

-3 Interviewer's Question's
+2-1-2 Magnezone Prime

A 2-1-2 line will make Magnezone's overall line be 3-2-3, and because of Rare Candy, only one extra (instead of two extra) Magneton is needed.

A 2-1-2 Jumpluff line is not very good, because Hoppip has 30 HP, meaning it will often be knocked out by attacks such as Linear Attack. An extra Hoppip is good because it will make it easier to get out Jumpluffs.

+1 Hoppip

Pichu is not as good as Pokémon Collector because it not only is a baby Pokémon, but also sets up your opponent's bench. It also is really easy to donk, making 4 donkable Pokémon.

-1 Pichu
+1 Pokémon Collector.

I'll agree with the above. I'd really try and make that a 2-1-2 magnezone line. 1-1-1 is hardly worth having electric energy for. The interviewers questions is a good thing to take out.

Again, make Magnezone 2-1-2 or at least 2-1-1. This deck's main problem is Catcher. You may consider adding a Vileplume line, or even increasing # of basics. Good luck!

Back