• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Magmortar Mill/Top Burner Mill (HGSS-on)

Verbivore

is a Magikarp user
I'm actually serious about using this. That's what my finances and deck-building skills have come to.

Pokemon: 21
4-3 Magmortar TM
2-1-2 Emboar BW
3 Reshiram
2 Shuckle Promo
2 Unown RETURN
2 Fliptini

T/S/S: 20
4 PONT
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Rare Candy
3 Flower Shop Lady
3 Fisherman
2 Seeker
1 Dual Ball

Energy: 19
19 Fire

Strategy: Get out Magmortar and Emboar and gradually play other pokemon like Victini, Shuckle, and Unown Return. Burn your opponent's deck to bits with Top Burner! Once they are unable to set up anything, use Reshiram to KO their weak little pokemon. Use Shuckle to draw, but don't deck yourself!

You should run Twins because you won't be attacking until/unless you start with Reshiram. You won't be taking prizes early in the game, so Twins are good

Taking prizes does detract from the main focus of the deck, which is milling. You definitely want to use Twins in here, but I'm not sure about Reshiram. Maybe to remove things that can one-shot a Magmortar, but even then....

The goal is to mill them until they have lost all hopes of set-up. Then you use reshi to KO their basics.

I run a list simmilar to yours, just without the reshi.
I've found that the best amount of energies is 16, so If I may make a suggestion

-3 Fire Energy

+1-1-1 (Bad)boar line

Adding bad boar gives you another way to be offensive, and adding the extra line helps your consistency.

Back