• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

MagBoar- Deck Burn

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
Okay, so I like decks with lots of energy. Don't ask me why. My last two competitive decks have been MagneGatr and MewPerior. And now I want to go for MagBoar. So here goes:

Pokémon (14)

2-2 Magmortar TR
2-2-2 Emboar BW
2x Shuckle (Promo)
2x Unown (HGSS 54)

T/S/S (22)
4x Energy Retrieval
3x Rare Candy
2x PokéGear 3.0
3x Pokémon Communication
4x Pokémon Collector
3x Professor Elm's Training Method
2x Flower Shop Lady
1x Fisherman

Energy (24)
24x Fire Energy

Strategy: Set up, get Emboar, Shuckle, and Magmortar on bench at some point (as soon as possible, but likely T3 or so). Attach buttloads of energy to Shuckle and return them to the hand with Unown RETURN. Then, attach all the energy to Magmortar and use Top Burner to discard a lot of the opponent's deck. After that, the idea is to keep stalling until they (hopefully) deck out.

My worries:
-It'll be too slow/I will just be unable to set up because I have a hand of a couple basics, a lot of energy, and maybe a FSL at the beginning or something.
-I won't be able to deck out my opponent with the amount of fire energy I have.
I've tried to balance out the energy and T/S/S I put in as best I could, but I'm still a bit more worried about not being able to set up. Any suggestions?

16-20 Energy Should be plenty. I would suggest the addition of Pokedex from B/W, this ensures the draw you will need. Maybe 3-4 of those(Not needed but recomended). Max out Candy as well. If you get an Emboar off of a Elms, your going to want to drop him ASAP.

By looking at this build, T 2-3, you should be set up and decking out. And quite fast.

I think however, it should be 4-4 Magmortar UL/TR. Just incase of a bad start you can atleast attack with somerthing until you set up. That way once you set up, you shouldn't have an issue.

Hope I helped!

GiP

Have you considered adding Professor Juniper into the build, so you could dump a useless hand and draw a fresh 7. Also Try to put in Super Scoop Ups just in case you cant get the unown returns out.

Hope it helped

If you're decking your opponent out as fast as possible, there's no real reason not to just run 4 professor juniper. You'll be attatching all of your energy anyway, and if you have emboar and magmortar you don't really need anything except for energy.

My one worry is... if you flip tails once, you'll be behind. If you flip tails twice, it will be hard to recover.

After you get 7 or so energy on magmortar on turn 3 (theorycrafting) you can discard 7... but then they can attack and kill you. My question is, will your momentum be ruined?

Id suggest taking out the 2 shuckle, the 2 unown R, and 2 fire energies for 3-3 ninetales. You can constantly pump out fire energies to draw cards, and with 2 flower shop ladies it will be fine getting 'em back in.

Unless you're going to be getting 15 or so energies on magmortar before attacking, I think it would be too flippy to be a viable deck, but it could be fun.

Like, if you have 10 energy on magmortar, and then flip heads three times in a row, attaching more and more energy each turn, you basically win instantly. If you hit tails three times in a row, you lose instantly...

Back