Finished Mafia XLVII: The New Era (Fairy Tail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the number generator decided the outcome of roles, so there's no helping it in that department.
Well yeah, it should be that way. Any other way isn't exactly unbiased or fair. :p
It's a little annoying that this tell exists. There shouldn't be a select group of us that should live past a certain date; it means that we are getting shot for being vets, instead of how well we're playing in the actual game itself - vets regularly get it wrong. I reckon that once people feel that they don't have to be experienced to talk/scumhunt, this tell will no longer exist, tbh. Ah well.
Yeah, it sucks that this tell exists. It relies way too heavily on meta-gaming, but it works. Scumteams generally kill off the vets because they believe they'll be the first people to build cases on them because they're so experienced and good at this game. I died N2 again (which shocked me). I don't consider myself a mafia veteran, or even an especially talented player because I don't have the same scum-hunting skills you guys do. Whether or not the vets do get it wrong, most scum players still see you guys as immediate threats (unless there's a huge town power role they need gone first). In most cases if I die before you do by NK, I'm going to get suspicious of you, as well as other veterans still living. That's just how it is, and sadly I don't think this type of tell is going anywhere soon.

Haha, of course. You got killed mainly because you were going to get me (and possibly NP) lynched, if you kept waving that tell around. Wasn't going to have that!

EDIT: You also pick up on things that others don't, and even if you were voting on the players we wanted you to, the chances that you'll figure one of us was definitely increasing.

Haha, of course. You got killed mainly because you were going to get me (and possibly NP) lynched, if you kept waving that tell around. Wasn't going to have that!
The Gekki lynch was completely fair, anyone there at the end of D1 knows why (my reads on people didn't change after that because that was just a mess). But after you led me straight into that quaking mis-lynch, I was for sure getting suspicious.

Gg guyz i guess i should have used my purgatoy armour on bb instead. Well played, guys!
Did you realise that I was very probably mafia, after morda flipped innocent? That's because it proved that I did in fact lie about scanning morda as mafia, and that should have been the confirmation you needed to shoot me. ;)

We should have t1 lynched bb. Oh well...
I am curious of why did you choose to kill Mariano. Since Nick is also in the game.
Sorry if I sound harsh to you. it just frustrate me when you I see one of your post (i'm sure you knew which one).
Anyway, if you planned to play again in future game, do try to inform the host if you would not have internet access, I would have appreciated atleast you informed me so even if it's after your MIA, as that would have prevent an uncessary modkill due to lack of activity.

@Mariano11887 at what instant that you knew you have to kill NP?

@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK I would love to have kept you around (since I really hate modkilling) but it doesn't seem fair to other if I let you win as you were gone for far too long.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you guys have anymore feedback for me I do appreciate it. This could really help me for future game if I ever planned to apply for hosting again. The players that are playing now a very much different from those who I used to play with (save for bbninjas who I played with a few time in the past)

Okay so my first thought is that the roles in this setup were way off balance. Town got the pieces of FtC, a JOAT, another killing role with double vote weight, a night skip, either a watcher or a tracker, and more. This really made it difficult for us to win, and we only could by forcing through mislynches of both Gekki and Morda.

In addition, you guys had absolutely no reason to be pushing against me after I cast doubt on Mariano's vote. As evidenced by the fact that he did flip town, you shouldn't be so confident in your leader, or else you risk everything blowing up in your face.

Otherwise, congrats to both @The Last Shaymin for playing much better than I started or expected and @Mariano11887 for only getting better from here. I look forward to seeing you both develop as players!

Oh, and I was scum again. Yay.... In all honesty, can't wait to see and indie or town sometime soon, since besides Hyrda Mafia, I haven't played that way in 6 months. D:

Well yeah, it should be that way. Any other way isn't exactly unbiased or fair. :p

Yeah, it sucks that this tell exists. It relies way too heavily on meta-gaming, but it works. Scumteams generally kill off the vets because they believe they'll be the first people to build cases on them because they're so experienced and good at this game. I died N2 again (which shocked me). I don't consider myself a mafia veteran, or even an especially talented player because I don't have the same scum-hunting skills you guys do. Whether or not the vets do get it wrong, most scum players still see you guys as immediate threats (unless there's a huge town power role they need gone first). In most cases if I die before you do by NK, I'm going to get suspicious of you, as well as other veterans still living. That's just how it is, and sadly I don't think this type of tell is going anywhere soon.
This tell is unfortunate and existent, but I don't think it applies for this game. BB had led two mislynches, which meant that if he was town, he also would be kept around because he was so suspicious.

May I ask why you thought I was scummy? This young padawan is still looking to improve.
Constant mislynching, wbat Lorde said about you staying around too long, the occasional "that was townie" still seemed like pocketing to me, and gut reads.

@Mariano11887 at what instant that you knew you have to kill NP?
In some moment bbninjas commented that morda was scum (which I also beleived) and NP was his scumbuddy (which did sound pretty logical). I was going to use my vig on TLS, but on Day 3 I realised he was town, so I went over NP.
In addition, you guys had absolutely no reason to be pushing against me after I cast doubt on Mariano's vote. As evidenced by the fact that he did flip town, you shouldn't be so confident in your leader, or else you risk everything blowing up in your face.
That's what happened to me. Since I couldn't find any scummy evidence from bb, my mind told me the entire game that he was town and inconsciously I was pseudo-following him. Lesson learned for the next game.
Otherwise, congrats to both @The Last Shaymin for playing much better than I started or expected and @Mariano11887 for only getting better from here. I look forward to seeing you both develop as players!
Thank you NP! Looking forward to see you too in the next game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back