Finished Mafia 53: Twilight's Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how does placing a random vote –– and then telling everybody it's a random vote –– give everyone a reason to start talking?
The difference between those two RVS votes is that I didn't say "oh this is a random vote y'all don't worry about it". I placed a vote on a new player with the intent to see how they reacted –– and they actually gave quite a bit of info; considering they aren't new to the game, they reacted quite strongly to my vote on them (which I think most vets from PB would recognize as a meaningless RVS vote). If they use RVS the same way we do wherever Zone plays Mafia (which I can get confirmation on via NP; thanks NP), then that's a significant slip.
Yup, NP explained it to me and I understood that saying it's a completely random vote guides us nowhere. However, at least jplap responded with a blatant OMGUS.

Hehe love you too, bro.

Ah: random.org - the perfect place to secretly find out who is scum, right? even though they don't know the order of players

Kill this man

##VOTE: Mariano11887
OMGUS here.

Tell them what? That a person's role might not get revealed if scum kill them?
...What are they gonna do with that info? Kill somebody? ...Not kill somebody?
If scum ever find out who you've targeted, then yeah, they can use that information to determine who would not make a good NK.
3) Not going to answer this 'till I can
What would change whether or not you can answer it?
1. It's RVS
2. Voting the person who voted you is extremely common during RVS
Nope. No it isn't. Voting random players (not telling them it's random ofc) is extremely common during RVS. OMGUS is not extremely common during RVS.
However, at least jplap responded with a blatant OMGUS.
Yeah but that doesn't justify your post at the beginning. I'm p sure there's a name for that particular logical fallacy but ihni what it is offhand. :p
The phrase was OMGUS I believe.
It is to your benefit to read every post since you last posted before making another post.

If scum ever find out who you've targeted, then yeah, they can use that information to determine who would not make a good NK.
We'll know if I'm right or not upon their first kill anyway. Given that I've outed one target doesn't affect anything significantly.

I finished writing the stuff meant for the day 1 update and it's been edited into the day 1 start post (link in the OP). Again, it's flavor, so you don't have to read it (it's kinda long), but it serves to set the stage for the rest of the game, so it kinda has to be a little long. With most of the characters introduced, updates should be shorter. In the event something starts dragging on, I'll be sure to separate it from the relevant game information for your convenience. Enjoy!

Why are you so against answering something that we all know you have? Everyone has a Farewell role.
Wait, we all have a Farewell Ability? Is this game a special case then, or are vanilla towns and scum mobs non-existent in PB?
You don't get to just come in and bandwagon off of what everyone is saying, try to make yourself look smart for it, and hop on the vote. That's, like, the entire checklist marked off for newb scum.
But at that moment, was there any other topics beside yours and Mariano's?
What's your experience with RVS, then? I've only ever played Mafia on this site, so idrk how it differs from locale to locale. @NinjaPenguin looking for
It differs per forum.
In MU, I was mostly playing for the Championship, so everyone was serious. The RVS in Championship 5 did not last long in my opinion and within 150 posts, pretty much all RVS reasons were dropped by then because half of all Players already have their motives to vote on somebody.
In NUF however... It's all hell. In the latest game, half of all Players were either semi-inactive Players who could not die because they post a blank vote once a Day, or they were full-on inactive Players. Grudges there were easy to use against town, tunneling for past games is a thing, and worst of all: Some people still vote for No Lynch.
And how does placing a random vote –– and then telling everybody it's a random vote –– give everyone a reason to start talking?
Well... I mean, aren't we talking now because of it and about it?
Isn't there a word for this? When you vote the guy that voted you for no other reason? Besides scummy.
Revenge vote?
Wait wait wait - Isn't there a word for this? When you vote the guy that voted you for no other reason? Besides scummy.
Oh look reasons.
Great... A sarcasm talk...
Let's just... move on from it. I'm on Keeper's side by the way. At least he gave a reasonable reason.
OMGUS is not extremely common during RVS.
...wait, what? It is not?
Hm... I may need to adapt again from my NUF mindset...
I finished writing the stuff meant for the day 1 update and it's been edited into the day 1 start post (link in the OP). Again, it's flavor, so you don't have to read it (it's kinda long), but it serves to set the stage for the rest of the game, so it kinda has to be a little long. With most of the characters introduced, updates should be shorter. In the event something starts dragging on, I'll be sure to separate it from the relevant game information for your convenience. Enjoy!
I want to like this post.
Why is it forbidden to like posts?

Wait, we all have a Farewell Ability? Is this game a special case then, or are vanilla towns and scum mobs non-existent in PB?
The vast majority of games on PokéBeach are role madness. Everyone having an ability tied to death is unique to this game, but usually everyone has something.
Zone said:
Why is it forbidden to like posts?
We tend to have issues with activity here where the majority of players barely play and all the active players just lynch each other. Being able to like posts exacerbates this, because it means the inactive players can "contribute" with the absolute bare minimum -- even just writing a post saying "i agree with this" gives us more to work with than a like, and here we really need that.

##UNVOTE: Mariano
##VOTE: professor_jplap

Yeah no not buying it nice one.

For reasons. I may or may not explain reasons later on.
If your next post isn't an explanation of your reasons I'm placing and leaving my vote on you for the rest of the day.

Wait wait wait - Isn't there a word for this? When you vote the guy that voted you for no other reason? Besides scummy.
Future reference that I'm feeling a chainsaw defense here.
At the same time, Keeper could also use the info to tell a potential doctor who to protect.

But at that moment, was there any other topics beside yours and Mariano's?

It differs per forum.
In MU, I was mostly playing for the Championship, so everyone was serious. The RVS in Championship 5 did not last long in my opinion and within 150 posts, pretty much all RVS reasons were dropped by then because half of all Players already have their motives to vote on somebody.
In NUF however... It's all hell. In the latest game, half of all Players were either semi-inactive Players who could not die because they post a blank vote once a Day, or they were full-on inactive Players. Grudges there were easy to use against town, tunneling for past games is a thing, and worst of all: Some people still vote for No Lynch.

...wait, what? It is not?
Hm... I may need to adapt again from my NUF mindset...
->VTs and Mafia Goons occasionally exist on-site but I don't believe they do in this game.
->When there is a lack of topics, one can always try to make more.
->Confirming both of these from the portion of a game on his homesite that I've read. Here, Zone, we try to get from RVS to scumhunting ASAP because RVS isn't a very alignment indicative gamestate.
->I actually hard disagree with Jabber here in that it is common, but because we're trying to scumhunt ASAP, it's pretty detrimental. Voting players because they're even the tiniest bit scummy is how we get to a more wide open gamestate.

Out of all the players involved right now, Jplap comes off as the scummiest for that bandwagon, and if he is scum then high percentage that Mariano is also scum. Mariano’s case alone is not telling enough, but Jplap’s post if scum pretty much validate the Mariano case. Keeper asking about the abilities is not much telling imo. I think scummy role fishing is less obvious.

On the phone so will vote and comment later.

So... is this a random vote, a bandwagon vote, a pressure vote, or what?

Please explain as soon as possible. Else you are not helping too much.
In case the word "Hi" doenst meant much to you it just an opening vote. (Didn't check any of other people vote when i did this)

Anyway don't expect me to post much during office hours (12 hours to 20 hours from now) quite busy at the office. and I'm offline in 2 more hours to sleep

The vast majority of games on PokéBeach are role madness. Everyone having an ability tied to death is unique to this game, but usually everyone has something.
-> That is... wow. Just... wow.
-> Thanks for the info!
We tend to have issues with activity here where the majority of players barely play and all the active players just lynch each other. Being able to like posts exacerbates this, because it means the inactive players can "contribute" with the absolute bare minimum -- even just writing a post saying "i agree with this" gives us more to work with than a like, and here we really need that.
Activity problems huh...? I fail to see how liking a post is equal to agreeing it, but if it's a PB custom, then alright.
->VTs and Mafia Goons occasionally exist on-site but I don't believe they do in this game.
->When there is a lack of topics, one can always try to make more.
->Confirming both of these from the portion of a game on his homesite that I've read. Here, Zone, we try to get from RVS to scumhunting ASAP because RVS isn't a very alignment indicative gamestate.
->I actually hard disagree with Jabber here in that it is common, but because we're trying to scumhunt ASAP, it's pretty detrimental. Voting players because they're even the tiniest bit scummy is how we get to a more wide open gamestate.
-> I see.
-> It is hard for me to make a topic, but I can see your point.
-> I am delighted and dismayed at the same time by the fact that nobody votes No Lynch this game... Well, I guess I will have to wait and see more for now.
In case the word "Hi" doenst meant much to you it just an opening vote. (Didn't check any of other people vote when i did this)
Keeper did that as well... Are opening votes normal here? Are they considered the same as a greeting? Because if more than half of all Players "greet" the same Player, then...

Yeah but that doesn't justify your post at the beginning
Not trying to justify it anymore, I now know it wasn't the best way to cast a RVS vote. I'm saying that even my explicit random vote had it's results with jplap responding with OMGUS.

For reasons. I may or may not explain reasons later on.
If you have something to say, spit it out ;).

Out of all the players involved right now, Jplap comes off as the scummiest for that bandwagon, and if he is scum then high percentage that Mariano is also scum.
Sorry bro, I'm not seeing how I'd be scum if jplap ever flips scum.

Keeper did that as well... Are opening votes normal here? Are they considered the same as a greeting? Because if more than half of all Players "greet" the same Player, then...

Here, Early random vote (opening votes) are normal within the first 48 hours (at most) of Day 1 (sometimes day 1 votes are to random that it lead to the people with the most vote lynched)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back