• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Machamp Prime/Scizor Prime...Help please

parmcat

T-Tar tyrant
I am helping my son build his first deck. He wants to run his fav 2 cards, Machamp prime and Scizor Prime. I am sitting here trying to figure it out, but it appears to me that there is really no synergy between these 2 guys. I hope someone can help me out, because he really has his heart set on this.

Here is the way we have started:

Pokemon-21

4-3-4 Machamp Prime
3-3 Scizor Prime
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Unown Q

Energies- 20

4 DCE
8 Fighting
4 Special Steel
4 Steel

T-S-S (this is where we need help) 19

4 Collectors
4 Rare Candies
2 Interviewer Questions
2 Warp Point
2 Seeker
2 Expert belts
3 Bebes Search

So this is what what we have. I am totally confused about the Energies, and how many he will need. We also had 3 Spiritoms in there, but have removed them for now, to see if we can just come out swinging with the big hitters.

We could go down to 2 Scizors and add a could Tombs or whatever.

As you can see, I am not a master deckbuilder, but just a dad trying to help out his little guy...

ALL Help is very much appriciated

Thanks

Parm

I am in the same boat as you so I hope I can help a bit. I run Machamp and it works fine with a 4 -2-4 line with the rare candies. I understand the Unown Q but with the fighting energy it is not really needed with Machamp Prime Power of fighting Tag. DCE only works on Machamp and only 1 at a time.
So You could
-1 Machoke
-1 Unown Q
-2 DCE
-1 pokemon Collector
If you Have a Machamp SF replace it for a Prime
Add
+1 Luxury Ball
+1 Seeker
+2 Broke Time Space
+1 Dusk Ball
Should Help a little
With Scizor Active you get free retreat By putting 1 fighting Energy on him and moving it to Machamp. I see it could work Good, once it gets set up. It will be slow to get there because they both work with different energy
Your boy has the workings of 2 good decks though. 1 for Machamp and 1 for Scizor.
Good Luck

If anything you should drop the Machamp line down a 2-1-2 line and make it SF Champ instead. Seeing as neither have any synergy the best thing you could do is try to play off of their strengths (Machamp for donking and Scizor for mid-game tanking). Send out Machamp SF early game and hopefully score a few early KO's with Take Out while building up a Scizor Prime on the bench, so:

3-3 Scizor Prime
2-1-2 Machamp SF
2 Uxie
1 Smeargle UD
1 Unown Q

And as for the energy, Machamp shouldn't be using Rage anytime soon so theere isn't a need for DCE so you could drp the energy line down to
4 {F}
4 {M} Special
4 {M} Basic

With the extra space you could add

2 Pokemon Communication
3 Proffesor Oak's New Theory
1 Palmer's Contribution OR Flower Shop Lady

As for the other 6 spaces free? i'm not too sure on that myself as this is a strange build so i have no idea. Possibly BTS for faster evolving and maybe a couple of Twins to benefit from being behind on prizes to search out some special {M} energy.

Good Luck with the deck.

Back