• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Machamp BREAK / Carbink BREAK

Zentrility

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone and happy Friday! I have constructed a fairly decent deck and I seek insight. The idea is to get Carbink BREAK set up as fast as possible simultaneously with Machamp BREAK. Carbink BREAK will aid in powering up Machamp with energy cards. I went with a draw heavy deck because I've encountered difficult games where I couldn't get to the cards I needed in an efficient manner; however, if any of you feel as though going with a draw heavy engine is not the most optimal, then please post your specific suggested adjustments. I appreciate it!

Pokémon - 17
2 Shaymin RS
4 Machop XY Evo
4 Machamp XY Evo
3 Machamp BREAK XY Evo
2 Carbink (Safeguard Ability)
2 Carbink BREAK

Trainers - 33
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Wally
1 Skyla
1 Delinquent
1 Lysandre
1 Super Rod
4 VS Seeker
3 Acro Bike
2 Lucky Helmet
4 Rare Candy
4 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
2 Switch

Energy - 10
4 Strong Energy
6 Fighting Energy

Again, please post your suggested adjustments. :)

I always like having at least 1 stage 1 in a set up like this just in case, which also gives Wally some early use if you don't have a candy on you and a Machamp.

-1 Sycamore
+1 N
+1 Lysandre
-2 Level Ball
+1 Bidgette
-1 Acro bike
-1 switch
+3 Scorched earth (synergy with Carbink Break, Delinquent + draw)

One of the main issues i see with this deck is inconsistency and setting up quickly and i think getting Carbink out first is really important for you setup on T1. You don't have enough synergy with Carbink Break aside from discarding energy via Ultra Ball or having your mons die, so Scorched Earth will go a long way. On T2 you have the possibility to setting up a double energy attach + Carbink Break and drawing multiple cards via the stadium.

A few comments for your considerations:
  • Given the distribution of your current Basic Pokémon (2 Carbink, 4 Machop and 2 Shaymin EX), your have established a 2x chance that you'll start with a Machop versus any other Basic. Is Machop your preferred starter or would you like Carbink (more HP) instead? Should you wish Machop, then add a Teammates which will also enhance your setup. Should you wish Carbink, then you'll need to add another Carbink in order to increase your chances of starting with it.
  • By chance, have you considered running Talonflame in this deck? By running 4 copies, you maximize your chances of starting with it; plus, with provides card search capability, as well as inflict some minor damage. For example, you could replace 1 Shaymin EX and the 3 Acro Bike for 4 Talonflame.
  • To help with evolving your Machamp, I would suggest running at 2 copies of Machoke (which can be searched and retrieved with Level Ball). For example, you could replace 1 Rare Candy and 1 Skyla (not needed if you run Talonflame) for 2 Machoke. Currently, without this Stage 1 Pokémon, you are under-utilizing Wally. IMO, the GEN Machoke is slightly better than its EVO counterpart.
  • Also, the GEN Machamp provides damage output boost to your F Pokémon attacks; so, running at least 2+ of these Machamp could be quite helpful.
  • Lucky Helmet is too situational to be of consistent, supplemental card-draw support. Should you not include Talonflame, then these Tools could be replaced with Supporters like Judge, Professor Birch's Observations, or Professor Oak's Hint. Should you include the Talonflame, then the Tools could be replaced with another card-draw Supporter previously mentioned and another F energy.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

A few comments for your considerations:
  • Given the distribution of your current Basic Pokémon (2 Carbink, 4 Machop and 2 Shaymin EX), your have established a 2x chance that you'll start with a Machop versus any other Basic. Is Machop your preferred starter or would you like Carbink (more HP) instead? Should you wish Machop, then add a Teammates which will also enhance your setup. Should you wish Carbink, then you'll need to add another Carbink in order to increase your chances of starting with it.
  • By chance, have you considered running Talonflame in this deck? By running 4 copies, you maximize your chances of starting with it; plus, with provides card search capability, as well as inflict some minor damage. For example, you could replace 1 Shaymin EX and the 3 Acro Bike for 4 Talonflame.
  • To help with evolving your Machamp, I would suggest running at 2 copies of Machoke (which can be searched and retrieved with Level Ball). For example, you could replace 1 Rare Candy and 1 Skyla (not needed if you run Talonflame) for 2 Machoke. Currently, without this Stage 1 Pokémon, you are under-utilizing Wally. IMO, the GEN Machoke is slightly better than its EVO counterpart.
  • Also, the GEN Machamp provides damage output boost to your F Pokémon attacks; so, running at least 2+ of these Machamp could be quite helpful.
  • Lucky Helmet is too situational to be of consistent, supplemental card-draw support. Should you not include Talonflame, then these Tools could be replaced with Supporters like Judge, Professor Birch's Observations, or Professor Oak's Hint. Should you include the Talonflame, then the Tools could be replaced with another card-draw Supporter previously mentioned and another F energy.
I hope you find these comments helpful.
Very helpful indeed. I play tested a Talonflame version and it was not consistent at all. There's just too much going on for 2 cards of my choosing to make a game-changing impact. I lost every time I used Talonflame in this deck. I'm currently figuring out how to incorprate some of your other suggestions though.

Back