• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Mewtwo X & Y / Octillery

Julian28

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, i want to go to a leageau challenge and i have made a new deck, does someone have tips for me?

Pokémon: 11
  • 2 Remoraid
  • 2 Octillery
  • 2 Mewtwo EX 158/162
  • 1 Mewtwo EX 163/162
  • 2 M Mewtwo EX Y
  • 1 M Mewtwo EX X
  • 1 Gengar EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 2 Judge
  • 2 Pokémon Fan Club
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Pokémon Center Lady
  • 1 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Brigette
  • 2 Tierno
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 3 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Evosoda
  • 3 Mega Turbo
  • 1 Town Map
  • 2 Buddy-Buddy Rescue
  • 3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 Parallel City
  • 1 Dimension Valley
Energy: 14
  • 8 Psychic Energy
  • 6 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

My main attackers are the M Mewtwo's. Octillery is the engine of the deck to get some extra cards. Gengar EX is in to defend if one of the Mewtwo's is going to die. With almost all the supportercards i can get Mewtwo's. With ultra balls i discard energy and with the mega turbo's i can give energy to my mewtwo's. I can discard pokémons too and get them back with Buddy-Buddy rescue. I use parallel city to set max bench pokémons of my opponent to 3 if necessary. Otherwise will i use Dimension Valley for my Mewtwo's or Gengar EX. Gengar EX can attack without using energy with Dimension Valley. I want Octillery as fast as possible to start the engine.

-2 Tierno
-1 Brigette

+3 Professor Sycamore

Professor Sycamore is a staple in every deck. Drawing three isn't all that great if it's your Supporter for the turn. With Brigette, you can either get two Remoraids (if you haven't benched one yet and they're both in your deck) or just one EX, which again, as a Supporter isn't all that great. You'd even be better off with another Fan Club instead.

I also think you should focus on Dimension Valley over Parallel City, since helps you attack for cheaper, which is always good. Parallel City doesn't synergize with your deck as well; it's more just an annoyance for your opponent to deal with, and it's not too big of a deal as long as they play counter Stadiums. Honestly, the biggest problem with Parallel City is that in this format, if you make your opponent discard Pokémon off of their Bench, they can just get rid of two Benched Shaymins, and then they aren't a liability any more.

You can try 3 Dimension Valley / 1 Shrine of Memories (Works like a charm for damage change if your base mewtwo is the shatter shot version). Otherwise, Basic lab is really good for Giratina (assuming you don't have M Mewtwo X out).

Overall I don't really like mixing the two M Mewtwos as they have different strategies. If you are stacking energy on a M Mewtwo Y, it is unlikely you will be able to power up your X. I'd rather stick with either and build on supporting that version.

Back