• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M mewtwo/ Solgaleo/ Garbador

CarolinaDyrty

Aspiring Trainer
ok guys this is an attempt at kinda doingin something different with a popular deck, mega mewtwo. im gonna post the current list and then a list of other cards i have to see what you recomend.

Pokemon (16)
Cosmog x 2
Cosmeum x1
solgaleo x1
mewtwo ex x3
M mewtwo ex x3 (psychic infinity)
hoopa ex x2
trubbish x2
garbador x2

Trainers
Professor Birch x2
Professor sycamore x2
pokemon fan club x1
lysandre x2
shauna x2
skyla x1
deliquent x1
Parallel city x2
timer ball x2
ultra ball x2
trainers mail x2
rare candy x2
evosoda x 2
float stone x2
fighting fury belt x1
special charge x1
escape rope x1
mewtwo spirit link x2
vs seeker x1

energy
psychic x 4
DCE x 4
metal x 2
rainbow x 2
so the strategy has been to get solgaleo evolved, use his gx attack to attach dce to mega mewtwo to power up and to solgaleo to follow the gx with a sunsteel strike for a ko., then switch for a mega mewtwo and pound away. it a little slow on setup ive only played it twice so far. im having a harder time getting my megas evolved than getting solgaleo out.

ive got tournament coming up and im new to the scene but im trying to make a really good deck in order to win some boosters for my kids! this will also become my 8 year olds de facto deck during leagur play once his mega rayquaza phases out of standard.

i have max elixirs trainers mails vs seekers i might need to add and another solgaleo as well. im not sure if the garbador line is necessary with this deck but i am not ability reliant so it seems like a food bit of protection. thanks in advance for the feedback!

ps shamin ex is not an option

Get rid of the float stones and garb lines. Your Solgaleo GX can use his ability to freely swap pokemon in and out as needed; if what you say is true about setting up Solgaleo is true. You could leave in one float stone or swap it for an Olympia too. Get rid of the escape rope and use a repel or pokemon catcher; again, you can use Solgaleo ability to retreat for free. This would free up space for another special charge. Why the professor birch and shauna? Why not 3 N and another Sycamore? Also, see if you can squeeze in another 2-3 VS Seekers. FFB does you no good if Mega Mewtwo and Solgaleo GX are your main attackers. Get rid of that too.

Just remember that you can only play one support per turn, so if your deck is supporter intense it'll eat up your ability to accomplish much of anything during your turn. So effectively they become dead cards in your hand.

~Danimal

Ok I'll make some changes as recommended. I'm scared of sycamores, I don't like to discard, I need to get over it I guess. And I used shauna and birch to be able to change my hand with out possibly giving opponent cards they need. Maybe im playing too defensively(must be the linebacker in me). Garbodor I put in because locally I play decks such as vileplume, dark dragons, and volcanion regularly. And thats the only rea son for the tools. Vs seekers and trainers mail.will.both be bumped to 4. I'll drop the escape rope and add a special charge. But you're basickly saying ditch defense and go offensive. How would this pairing fare against decidueye vileplume decks? Last time I played mega mewtwo without garbador I got absolutely destroyed by a darkrai/girating deck.

Throw in a Hex Maniac, Pokémon Ranger, and 2 Shrine of Memories. This should solve your problem.

Drop the Evo Sodas and add in 2 more Rare Candies. Those will be dead cards in your hand too late game.

~Danimal

I am no expert on the subject but I will attempt to create a more standardized version of what you are attempting to build:

Pokémon - 18
2 Mewtwo EX BKT
1 Mewtwo EX EVO
3 M Mewtwo EX BKT (Y version)
2 Trubbish BKP
2 Garbodor BKP
3 Cosmog SM
1 Cosmoem SM
3 Solgaleo-GX SM
1 Shaymin-EX ROS

Trainer - 31
2 Shrine of Memories

1 Lysandre
2 N
1 Pokémon Fan Club
3 Professor Sycamore
2 Skyla

1 Escape Rope
3 Float Stone
3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
3 Rare Candy
2 Super Rod
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker

Energy - 11
2 Double Colorless Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
5 Psychic Energy

The Float Stones are truly needed since Garbodor disables the Ultra Road Ability.

Back