• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Mewtwo EX / Landorus

poke4trade

Raising Ash
I've Been working on a Deck List for Mega MewTwo EX -- Vanishing Strike

Pokémon: 14
  • 3 M Mewtwo EX (Blue Shock)
  • 3 Mewtwo EX (Blue Shock)
  • 4 Landorus (Furious Fists)
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 2 Hoopas EX
  • 1 Smeargle
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37
  • 4 Dimension Valley
  • 4 Spirit Link
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Vs Seeker
  • 3 Mega Turbo
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysander
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 AZ
Energy: 9
  • 3 Psychic Energy
  • 6 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

Pokemon:
Lando -- is used for the charge. It drops any basic energy onto a pokemon from the discard.

Metwo EX -- If necessary, the deck can use the attack.

M Mewtwo EX - Vanishing strike is not subjected to any effects or abilities from other pokemon. Once charged, the attack becomes an all in one card.

Shaymin -- The deck uses it mainly for draw support.

Hoopas -- The deck uses it for draw support. But it works well with the deck because it can be charged.

Smeargle -- The card allows the deck to draw an energy card from the discard and switch with the active. This helps a bit with crushing hammers. On next turn, the card allows the deck to put a fighting energy down, and than, switch it out for the Psychic, or vice versa.

Trainers:
I built the trainers on the idea to conserve the deck and discard when necessary. The major difference in the trainers is the super scoop. Super scoop allows me to pick up Hoopas, Shaymins, and Mega Mew twos if necessary. If one of the three line is prized, the deck can charge Mewtwo EX, and try to super scoop the active M Mew Two EX up, and then evolve the one on the bench. Also, once the M Mewtwo is picked up, the deck rely's on Shauna, or Birches for reshuffling. Hopefully, battle compressor will get them back into the the discard. And then, Mega turbos and Landos can do some work.

Energy:
The limited energy selection is because the deck is looping its energies back into and discard. As the deck proceeds through the match, the energy should be replenishing itself onto the Pokemon via attachment from Lando, Mega Turgo, or attachment. Or at least that is the way I perceive it working...hmm?

The deck is a fresh build, but I'm looking for input.

Thanks

I am glad to see people trying to make vanishing strike mewtwo work, this is a good list I like it, these are my suggestions

-2 Hoopa EX, yes you can attack with it but you usually don't want to also there's not enough EX's in this deck to make Hoopa very good
-3 super scoop up, in ability decks such as Crobat or when shifty was legal, super scoop up is good but I don't think it is in this deck, one AZ is fine
+1 psychic energy
+1 fighting energy
+1 sycamore, definetely run 4 especially in standard due to lack of draw supporters
+1 trainers mail, at least 3 for it to be more effective
+1 hex maniac, when you have space it's an amazing tech, also with battle compressor and vs seeker it is very easy to get this of turn one and reaaaly slow your opponent down.

Also this is up to you but I would either go 3 shaunas or 3 Birchs observations and try not to mix but again this is up to you.
Otherwise I really like this deck and wish you the best of luck with it. :)

My 2 cents about this deck is that while it clears almost all basic EX decks, it has a clear weakness towards other mega decks (dealing 200 shy of 10 - 40 for OHKO) and also night march (pumpkaboo psychic weakness). Since you area already running mega turbos, I'm thinking you can substitute lando for Bats line, of course you'll need to take away some other things. This will work with your AZ and super scoop ups.

My 2 cents about this deck is that while it clears almost all basic EX decks, it has a clear weakness towards other mega decks (dealing 200 shy of 10 - 40 for OHKO) and also night march (pumpkaboo psychic weakness). Since you area already running mega turbos, I'm thinking you can substitute lando for Bats line, of course you'll need to take away some other things. This will work with your AZ and super scoop ups.
Pump is weak to Darkness.

I don't think a bat line would go good with this deck. Landoras helps set up the main attacker of mewtwo while bats deal damage, but in the long run I think landoras is the MVP compared to bats.

Back