• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M-Manectric EX / Raikou

RedGyarados

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 12
  • 4-3 M-Manectric EX
  • 3 Raikou
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers: 37
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 Skyla
  • 1 Giovanni
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 AZ
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 3 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 2 Assault Vest
  • 1 Muscle Band
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 3 Rough Seas
Energy: 9
  • 2 Flash Energy
  • 7 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

Use M-Manectric's turbo bolt to power up raikou. Assault vest are for special energy users (Giratina , night marchers) combined with raikou's ability would result to -60 . And heal with rough seas.
Any suggestions? My supporter line is kinda weird LOL
Thanks in advance.

Did you consider Exp Share for Raikou? When Manny gets KO'd you can save even more energy. At the same time, only 9 total energy sounds kinda low for a deck that does X damage based on how much energy is held, then costing 3 on the initial startup to begin with. This means that a Raikou AND a Manectric, taking the bare minimum costs of energy means two attackers take up over 50% of your energy, leaving a very narrow margin to wiggle out of a bad situation, like 2 prized energy cards or realizing that all your lightning is attached to Raikou and there's none left to attach the second to Manectric. I'd think 11 would be a far safer number, but that's just me.

Great deck idea! I was actually thinking of a similar deck build due to Regice becoming a thing in the competitive scene. I do like the idea of using rough seas healing 30 dmg every time it is your turn, but i do not like stadium cards that can potentially benefit my opponent. Manectric, Seismitoad, and Regice are all cards that are heavily being played in the competitive scene, and I feel that it would benefit your opponent in many ways. I always prefer stadium cards like silent lab to reduce many competitive cards like a shaymin ex, agieslash ex, or giratina. I understand that you have hex maniac to prevent such abilities for one turn, but it does force you to burn a supporter for the turn, and forced to use a VS seeker to use it again. I do not situational cards, and I like to stick to what works. Currently, i am working on a seismitoad/regice deck and found that silent lab dominates turn one if your opponent does not have a counter to the stadium. No shaymins or hoopas will work with this stadium. Since you do run M-Man, silent lab would shut down giratina's ability. The logic behind this is that even though silent lab will be affecting your shaymins, you will more than likely not play it until you use your abilities turn one or two. Use the labs towards the end of your turn and don't worry. More than likely your stadium will be countered at some point which will free you to use your set up ability later. It is important to lock your opponent first of abilities than anything. Hope that helped man!

Back