• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M-Manectric EX / Garbador

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
***Deck has been currently modified as of 02/18/16***
Pokemon: 13

• 4 Manectric EX
  • 3 M-Manectric EX
  • 2 Trubbish
  • 2 Garbador
  • 2 Lugia EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 38
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Judge
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Mantric Spirit Link
  • 2 Float Stones
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 3 Trainers Mail
  • 4 Vs Seeker
  • 3 Max Elixer
  • 2 Max Potion
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Rough Seas
Energy:
  • 9 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

I am revisiting this deck list because I still believe there is a lot of potential for this deck. I have remodified the deck list to the current set Breakpoint, in which they gave this deck list a few buffs. To give a brief idea of how this deck plays, it is rather slow but fast. It is slow due to the fact that, if you haven't looked at the pokemon in the deck list, that there are zero shaymins. There are a few reasons for this. One: this deck is a maxie's gallade deck, meaning that the goal of the deck is to have as few as cards in hand as possible for a turn one gallade. Two: Shaymins become a liability and an easy prize card for my opponent. And third, too much bench space will be taken up. While I run garbordor and manectrics, i have to always make room for my gallade which i play. Playing shaymins somewhat ruin that. I will address the reasoning behind the max elixirs because, while I can always turbo bolt to get energies from my discard pile onto my pokemon, my issue was always getting out my energies on turn one or two. That becomes hard when you can't mega evolve m manectric till turn two anyways and mega turbo energies on it. So i have decided to run max elixirs because of the high basic energy count that i run in the deck. For a majority of the time, it comes very much handy but i have seen one or two flops with it. Honestly, its a card that helps during the beginning and partial part of the meta game.

Gameplay strategy:
Alright, so heres how to play this deck. Turn one, obviously you want to get your Manectric set up with an energy and spirit link. It is important to start off with a trubbish benched with a float stone in order to potentially lock all abilite's next turn. I also play only 2 stadiums, mainly against a giratina or aegislash matchup if my opponent has xerosic'd my float stone off trubbish. It is important to either ultra ball or battle compress your gallades and maxie's hidden ball trick in order to get it off. I have an issue turn one getting this done, but turn two I seem to get it much often because I ussually can sycamore turn one, into a better hand for turn two to make that possible. After you successfully obtained a M manectric active with a benched manectric, it is important to start loading up the second manectric with energies. As you continue to play, your active manectric might be damage and that becomes an opportunity to use max potion on the active to heal it completely, causing you to discard your energies. Free retreat the active mega into the benched mega and continue to cycle around. Max elixirs help in this situation because if your looking for a last minute energy to attach to the benched mega manectric, this becomes extremely useful. Let me know what you guys think, and I will edit my deck if change is needed! Thank you!

Last edited:
If I am not wrong, Garbodor (Dragons Exalted 54) is no longer available in the Standard Format. ;)

But I do like the idea to play Gallade/Maxie in a Manectric deck !

If I am not wrong, Garbodor (Dragons Exalted 54) is no longer available in the Standard Format. ;)

But I do like the idea to play Gallade/Maxie in a Manectric deck !

It is not, but it's getting reprinted.

My suggestions

-2 Professor Sycamore (2 is sufficient for a Maxie list in my experience)
-1 Judge (2 is unnecessary)
-1 switch (you already have 2 floats)
-1 Town map

+1 AZ (for Shaymins, beat up Mmans)
+1 Xerosic or new Deliquent
+1 Trainer's mail (you need 4)
+1 sacred ash or superrod (recovering discarded Garbodor and M-man's)
+1 unown (unlike acro, doesn't force you discard something you would otherwise want to keep)

Thats why I use 4 compressor, too many supporters will clog your hand up and prevent a maxie.
And I compressor away not just the gallade but supporters I know I will need, say Hex Maniac
if I know bats are being played. You are already have M-man and Garb clogging you hand so
you really need to keep the supporter count down.

I was wondering if I can get some more additional help with this deck and possible cards to include or exclude

From my experience in running a variety of Garbodor , as well as M Manectric decks, following are some thoughts/comments for your consideration:
  • At an initial glance, I do not see any synergy between M Manectric EX and Gallade. In many cases, seemingly "odd" combos my just be a meta call. On the other hand, some combos are designed with a certain underlying strategy a player wishes to execute, 1 Pokémon line supports the other, supporting Pokémon line perhaps covers the Weakness of the primary Pokémon line, etc. Furthermore, Garbotoxin will completely nullify Gallade's Premonition (potentially making your Max Elixir less effective).
  • In running Garbodor in my past and future decks, my strategy has been and will be to shut down ALL Abilities and I've found this strategy to be very effective when I apply no Ability usage to both my opponent and myself. My plan is to significantly disrupt my opponents playing such cards like Shaymin EX, Hoopa EX, Darkrai EX, Mr. Mime (Bench Barrier), Bats, etc. In my Garbodor decks, I combo'd/will combo Garbodor with 1-energy attachment attackers like Seismitoad EX, Landorus EX, Mewtwo EX, Manectric EX, etc. and NO Pokémon with an Ability.
Also, in regards to your current deck list:
  • Gallade will be less useful after Garbotoxin is active.
  • Should your sole Maxie's HHT be prized, you've completely lost use of Gallade till after your draw it from your prizes.
  • 2 dedicated (?)Tools (i.e., Float Stone) total seem quite insufficient; you may need to attach a Manectric Spirit Link to your Garbodor sometimes. At this point, that Garbodor will be a nice Lysandre target and will turn into a "wall" used against you.
  • Only 6 card-draw Supporters seem insufficient. Consider your opponent (going first) Item-locks you T1.
  • Silent Lab seem is not really needed after you activate Garbotoxin.
Suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-1 Ultra Ball - 3 should be sufficient, IMO
-1 Trainer's Mail - 3 should be sufficient, IMO
-2 Silent Lab

+1 AZ - to remove severely wounded or "stuck" active Pokémon or from the field
+1 Judge / Birch / Shauna
+2 Rough Seas

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I understand that it seems rather odd to include gallades into the deck opposed to other pokemon like Raikou. Putting the gallades, I feel that if i was against a possible mirror matchup that it would help me significantly. I have tried the deck with 3 float stones, but there is the added possibility of clogging within the deck (mainly to ensure that float stones were on the trubbish turn one). I also wanted to reduce the amount of supporters at hand because i want to be able to get off maxie's fairly quick. This deck list was actually taken from the 2015 pokemon championship 3rd place runner up, however he had the opportunity to run a jirachi EX that allowed him to search for the maxie turn one. I understand to run cards like rough seas but i wanted to use silent lab if i was against a possible giratina deck and my garbordor did not have a float stone on. I already have max potion to heal off damage off my wounded pokemon. I will however drop a trainers mail for the AZ, but I'm not sure about the ultra ball. It very much helps get the deck going. Do you think theres another pokemon I should add instead of gallade? It really helps against a mirror matchup where i can hit for weakness and it hits pretty hard. Additonally, I don't have to worry about if I have the right energy on him or not like the new Garchomp card that was just release. I was considering the Swampert with ancient trait from primal clash but garbordor's just going to shut down his ability anyways.

I decided to include switch instead of AZ, for the soul purpose that I don't need to burn a supporter by AZing up a pokemon like trubbish back into my hand just to remove from my active. If need be, I would just switch it out of my active in order to do so. Additionally i have float stones to also work for this as well.

- 2 silent labs
- 1 AZ

+ 1 Switch (to get any pokemon that was lysander'd up or having to start with a trubbish)
+2 Rough Seas (Turn by turn healing, as recommended by Tuxedo Black)

Forget the Gallade. way too clunky. I run M-man and Garb with one Shaymin for early-game use and 2 Regice, though
Arcticuno would help with Nightmarch.

I was considering dropping the entire lineup. After play testing, early game I get out manectrics and garb fairly easy but getting out my gallade has more issues than one, even with the amount of item cards i use to lower my hand to that last vs seeker or maxie. I was considering dropping the entire maxie's part but I don't like the idea of a running a regice because it doesn't charge up like a lugia the more energies attached to it or yveltal. I was considering running that in this format, but I am still deciding.

I don't like the idea of a running a regice because it doesn't charge up like a lugia the more energies attached to it or yveltal. I was considering running that in this format, but I am still deciding.

You only play Lightning Energies, and you have some Rough Seas --> Raikou probably deserves to be tested.
If you like it, think about Fighting Fury Belt or Assault Vest, too ;)

With Garbodor still in the deck list, I don't want to run too many tools because I can't stand when decks have a lot of clogging. Raikou's are a possible option for this deck, but everyone seems to like manectric/raikou. IMO it will encounter many weaknesses, especially against a mienshow deck or some sort of fighting variant.

I have since switched my maxie/gallade to a Lugia/manectric/Garb deck. If anyone would like to make any additional comments in regards to the deck, let me know please!

I've yet to see Lugia EX used in actual tournaments; yet going forward, now that Break Point cards will be legal for tournament play, your Manectric EXs may just benefit from having Lugia EX as a partner given the expected rise in Fighting deck play.

My only suggested deck change for your consideration would be to replace your Muscle Bands with Fighting Fury Belts (for your Lugia EXs). At this point, just test, test and test your deck to see if any additional tweaks are needed.

Good luck and have fun.

Thanks Tuxedo Black, your comments to this deck have heavily influenced my deck list and what things to possibly change. When the lugia ex card came out in ancient origins, I played a Lugia/M-Manectric deck, but was heavily flawed when paired up against giratina and its ability to prevent all damage done by mega. With the added garbordor, and means to possibly shut down any and all abilities on the field, I feel that it will be strongly offensive. Im not sure about the Supporters i have in the deck list and what other cards to switch or take out, but I am going to test this deck out within the next few days. There is a local tournament happening in my community in a few days and I am considering playing this deck or my night march deck. I will hopefully play this one, as night march sometimes is not as consistent as I want. Thanks again by the inputs and i love hearing what else to possibly change!

Back