• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Alakazam EX/ Decidueye GX

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon
4 x Decidueye GX
4 x Dartrix
4 x Rowlet
3 x Alakazam EX
3 x M Alakazam EX
2 x Oranguru

Item/Supporter/Stadium
4 x Professor Sycamore
3 x N
1 x Lysandre
1 x Delinquent
4 x Forest of Giant Plants
2 x Brigette
4 x VS Seeker
4 x Level Ball
4 x Ultra Ball
4 x Trainers' Mail

Energy
6 x Psychic Energy - Basic
3 x Rainbow Energy - Special

Trying to see if I can make the deck concept work. I doubt I'll be able to build it in time for the rotation so I guess this might be kinda pointless but it seemed like such a fun deck with tons of spread damage. Almost wanted to sneak in a 1-1 Espeon GX line, but I can't really find a good place for that.

Would personally prefer Shaymins to push turn 1-2 Owls and Mega Turbos to help accelerate a second Alakazam. I also noticed that you don't have Spirit Links, I assume that was an oversight.

Current List

Pokemon - 17
3 Alakazam EX FCO
3 M Alakazam EX FCO
3 Rowlet SUM
3 Dartrix SUM
3 Decidueye GX SUM
2 Shaymin EX ROS

Trainers - 35 (4-10-21)
4 Forest of Giant Plants

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Olympia

4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
2 Level Ball
3 Trainer's Mail
3 Spirit Link
3 Mega Turbo
1 Float Stone
1 Super Rod

Energy - 8
6 Psychic Energy
2 Grass Energy

Would personally prefer Shaymins to push turn 1-2 Owls and Mega Turbos to help accelerate a second Alakazam. I also noticed that you don't have Spirit Links, I assume that was an oversight.

Shaymin EX isn't an option right now unless they come down in price. This is for my brother and his budget will be very tight. Thanks for the list, I'll see what I can do w/o the Shaymin EX

I don't like decidueye being a stage two. Im currently working in mega alakazam with espeon gx. A full count of devolution sprays let's u use alazazams ability to place damage counters when mega evolved.multiple times. Also teching in espeon ex, as his miraculous shine attack let's you devolve all of your opponents pokemon. If yiu get.damage counters via alakazan and then devolve to Rowlett it's a ko due to loss of HP. Also using aegislash as a late game attacker as its attack doubles all damage counters on opposing pokemon. What do u think about that ?

This is what I have been toying with. I have tried it with the Shaymins and without the Shaymins and TBH, I am not sure which I prefer. Generally speaking, the deck is just a tad bit slow regardless and can be quite clunky. I would categorize this as a fun deck rather than a competitive deck personally.

Pokemon 20
4 Rowlett
4 Dartrix
4 Decidueye GX
3 Alakazam EX
3 M Alakazam EX
2 Oranguru

Trainers 32
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
2 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainer's Mail

3 Alakazam Spirt Link
2 Float Stone

4 Forest of Giant Plants

Energy 8
5 Psychic
3 Grass

I don't like decidueye being a stage two. Im currently working in mega alakazam with espeon gx. A full count of devolution sprays let's u use alazazams ability to place damage counters when mega evolved.multiple times. Also teching in espeon ex, as his miraculous shine attack let's you devolve all of your opponents pokemon. If yiu get.damage counters via alakazan and then devolve to Rowlett it's a ko due to loss of HP. Also using aegislash as a late game attacker as its attack doubles all damage counters on opposing pokemon. What do u think about that ?
If you don't like Decidueye as a Stage 2, how on earth can you handle Aegislash??

Overall this sounds like a pretty standard M Alakazam build. I played this deck quite a bit during Night March format, and even with access to cards like Dimension Valley and Super Scoop-ups (Along with the Deevoution Sprays you mentioned) I still ran into trouble getting enough damage on board. What I prefer about Decidueye is that you only have to get it up once, after that you have a guaranteed 20 damage to throw where you see fit. When playing the standard Kazam list you will always be chasing your Sprays, or ways to recuperate them. Espeon GX helps in that aspect, but it forces you to play DCE which is a whole other issue in the deck.

This is what I have been toying with. I have tried it with the Shaymins and without the Shaymins and TBH, I am not sure which I prefer. Generally speaking, the deck is just a tad bit slow regardless and can be quite clunky. I would categorize this as a fun deck rather than a competitive deck personally.

Pokemon 20
4 Rowlett
4 Dartrix
4 Decidueye GX
3 Alakazam EX
3 M Alakazam EX
2 Oranguru

Trainers 32
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
2 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainer's Mail

3 Alakazam Spirt Link
2 Float Stone

4 Forest of Giant Plants

Energy 8
5 Psychic
3 Grass
If you're having speed issues would you consider Mega Turbo in the deck?

What is the decklist for your deck? I am trying to work with Espeon GX and Alakazam EX as I have an abundance of those cards and think that they may be a viable deck.

Kevin

Back