• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M-Aggron EX / Bronzong

JahanSoundSystem

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, I've been a lurker of the forum for a while but now is my first time actually posting and I'm doing it on my phone, so I hope this comes out right. Anyway, I've been running this deck for a while but I really feel like it needs improvement so here is the list.

Pokemon 16:
  • 3 Aggron EX
  • 3 M-Aggron EX
  • 3 Bronzor (PHF)
  • 3 Bronzong (PHF)
  • 1 Aegislash EX
  • 1 Heatran (PHF)
  • 1 Vulpix (PRC)
  • 1 Ninetales (PRC)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums 32:
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 2 Repeat Ball
  • 3 Aggron Spirit Link
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Trainer Mail
  • 2 Steel Shelter
  • 1 Shrine of Memories
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Teammates
Energy 12:
  • 8 Metal Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

It's simple, M-Aggron is the main attacker and Bronzong is for energy acceleration. Aegislash as a secondary attacker and Heatran as non-EX attacker.

Now when I made the deck, Hypnotoxic laser was in format so I had the Ninetales line to lock my stadium in so I didn't have to deal with Virbank. Shrine of memories I have in just in case I feel it's safer to use one of Aggron's attacks while I'm mega evolved.

Now I feel like I can take out Ninetales. I can drop the repeat balls and work on my trainer line. I didn't realize the number 2 of copies I ran until I made this post, and with the new set out, I could probably use some of the new trainers in there, especially with float stone back. So... thoughts?

try play testing with a 2-2 line of zorark the ability with float stone is awesome so you could metal links and the attack is not to shabby

Maybe try Mr Mime from Breakthrough? If the damage from whiffing Aggron's coin flip is a problem, Mr Mime would prevent that if I'm not mistaken

You can probably take out Ninetails. Now you can probably add 2 Xerosics and 1 Team Flare Grunt for disruption, I use them in just about every deck I use and it works great. You could probably put Judge in for disruption same way N is used now. I would also add some Shaymins in there for more draw power.

Thanks for the input. I ditched the repeat balls and ninetales line and I'm currently testing the zorarks. So far they have paid off pretty well, especially in my item lock match-ups. I haven't tried the xerosics and team flare grunt, but I'll try those soon. I've thought about the Mr. Mime but I have not had too much of a problem with the tails results that I would need to use it, I'm keeping it in mind though. Thanks a lot for the feedback though.

Heavy Ball could be a good addition in here because your aggron's and bronzongs and heatrans can be searched out. Aegislah EX is also really nice.

Back