News Lysandre's Trump Card Has Been Banned

So wait... when exactly do they plan to reprint a card that lets Pokemon evolve on the same turn? After they trash BW era from expanded? It would really help out a lot in the current standard, with most of the good cards (such as my buddy Metagross GX or Waifumon [Gardevoir] GX).

So wait... when exactly do they plan to reprint a card that lets Pokemon evolve on the same turn? After they trash BW era from expanded? It would really help out a lot in the current standard, with most of the good cards (such as my buddy Metagross GX or Waifumon [Gardevoir] GX).

Has expanded ever rotated before???

Has expanded ever rotated before???
No, but it is only 2 years old, unless you count the day 2 regionals.
Neither of the cards need them. The format is seeing a huge slow down.

Hrm... well I was going to have to reformat the Decidueye GX deck after rotation to take out Forest and a few other cards that'll no longer be usable. Hearing that it's been banned from Expanded is a little bit of a blow, as it means I'll have to dismantle the legacy deck on the TCGO.

Then again, Forest was WAY TOO OVERPOWERED in the deck I had it in. Seriously, get Shiinotic or two out on the bench on turn one, and you can pretty much get one Decidueye GX out per turn with the right cards XD When I was playing back in Ireland recently, I had an undefeated streak thanks to it.

Forest wasn't in Legacy.

I might has got the terminology wrong. I meant that the deck itself would be, in my eyes, a deck that I had modeled after one I had actually built in the physical TCG. Heck, I still have all my Team Plasma decks constructed on the TCGO.

I had totally forgotten that the TCGO had a Legacy format ^^;

Archeops was probably banned because of forest of giant plants letting people get fast kills combined with Espeon EX. It was a pretty low blow.

I hope one day we get a BT-S effect stadium that just says once per turn. It would still see play but just wouldn't be as OP

I quite agree on both bans... I never liked playing expanded because it gave way too much power to the player going first. Cards strategies such as 1st turn Vileplume, Trevenant, and Archeops pretty much crippled an opponent before they could even make a first move! No way is that healthy to a metagame - it sounds just as bad as shiftry-donk in several matchups.

I can't wait to see what expanded will be like after these bans.

So wait... when exactly do they plan to reprint a card that lets Pokemon evolve on the same turn?

They did! It's called Wally.

A BTS-like reprint would DESTROY the format. I guess you could make one for Dragons only because they suck so much, but then Noivern-GX would be quite strong.

Yeea I'm happy with what we've got on BKT-On. Adios Forest!

I had totally forgotten that the TCGO had a Legacy format ^^;
I don't think anybody blames you for that :p

B-but its so much fun! The only downsides are a high initial investment and how too few people have made said investment! ^^'

Kidding aside, it really does just have those two downsides. I was worried it would become stagnant, but the whole janken relationship between competitive decks shifts just enough thanks to there actually being a couple top tier decks and several still-quite-competitive Tier 2. Plus the odd Tier 3 (or not even Tier 3) that does win when you aren't expecting it. The high cost to get into it isn't so bad when you remember that as long as the Legacy Format exists, your deck will have a place to be played. :)

A bit happy.
  • Giant Plants - Well, I don't play Grass decks in Expanded. I felt sorry to Expanded players because it paralyzes Grass Expanded Decks.
  • Archeops - I remember I play something like Trev in Expanded, the opponent played Archeops and it makes me pissed off because I can't evolve my Phanthump

Back