• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lycan Libre (Lycanroc GX/Lucario, Future Deck)

Adam Ryder

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 20
  • 4 Rockruff
  • 2 Lycanroc GX (Midday)
  • 2 Lycanroc (Midnight)
  • 3-3 Riolu and Lucario (Fates Collide)
  • 2-2 Eevee and Flareon, 1x Jolteon and 1x Vaporeon (Ancient Origins)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 28
  • 4 Devolution Spray
  • 3 Evosoda
  • 3 Nest Ball
  • 1 Repel
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 N
  • 2 Pokemon Centre Lady
  • 2 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Team Flare Grunt
  • 2 Team Skull Grunt
Energy: 12
  • 10 Fighting Energy
  • 2 DCE

I really want to make a deck with both Lycanroc GX cards because Lycanroc is my favourite Pokemon.

The strategy for this deck is to discard the opponent's energies so they can't attack.

The main attacker will be Midday Lycanroc with it's Crunch attack and helping it will be Midnight Lycanroc which, when evolving Rockruff to it, I can use its ability to switch the opponent's active with a benched Pokemon. That is why I have the Devolution Spray in this deck. The Lucario has a one-energy attack that I can use if I don't get the wolf line out first and the Eevee-Flareon line is to counter Lycanroc's weakness. The Jolteon and Vaporeon are also included to help battle other types.

Like I said, the Devolution Spray is to devolve Midnight so I can use its ability and the evosoda is so I can quickly evolve Rockruff into Midday and Eevee into Flareon. If I can't manage to evolve Rockruff and switch the opponent's Pokemon, I have included Repel and Lysandre to switch the opponent's Pokemon and Switch is to switch my own. Finally, the Team Flare Grunts and Team Skull Grunt cards are to discard an energy from the opponent's active and from their hand respectively.

I would really appreciate it if I had some help with fine-tuning this deck.

Last edited:
Do you have VS Seeker and Sycamore? They would be better draw support. Hau is typically considered weak when it comes to draw. If you have a VS Seeker I would throw in a 1-of Lysandre just in case you get ability locked.

Ok, now that that swap has been made there are only 4 draw supporters in the whole deck.

-2 Pokemon Center Lady
-2 Shauna
-1 Repel
+5* Lillie/Sycamore/Birch

Shauna should be replaced for Birch if you like the shuffle in effect: but this will increase your draw supporters to 7, ideally though you would find room for more.
Pokemon Center Lady is really a unnecessary tech to be using in this deck, Shauna is a lackluster supporter, and Repel is unnecessary as well.

*I know you can't put 5 of a card in your deck, but you can use a combination of those cards to reach that number.

I do not understand how you will KO the opponent with the low damage of crunch, especially considering that you are constantly switching their active pokemon around. I feel that a deck based on accelerock and eeveelutions would be better.

Also take out your lucario line for 2 Zygarde ex as it does not need to evolve and thus can save deckspace. -1 team skull grunt because players do not usually have 2 energy clogged in their hand. Repel seems unnecessary. If possible the deck's consistency would be multiplied by shaymin ex, but if you do not have it, you can try oranguru.

Hope I helped!

Oops, I just realized Lucario needs steel energy so you will never be able to attack with it.

If you prioritize Lucario:
-4 Fighting Energy
+4 Steel Energy

If you don't:
-3 Riolu
-3 Lucario
+6 ?

A good thing to replace Lucario for would probably be more consistency cards, like Oranguru from Sun and Moon.

Would advise cutting the double colorless energy and 2 fighting energy for 4 Strong Energy. It gives Crunch a bit more of a bite (ayyy) and can help your secondary attacks do more damage, I would also find room for a couple Regirock EX's, which boosts your fighting 'Mons attacks by 10. I do believe that the Lucario FCO won't accomplish much, and is likely to use up resources that are better off going towards your GX's.

Other than that I'd say the deck seems solid. I assume based off some of your card choices that you're working on a budget. I would recommend consistency cards such as Trainer's Mail, and I personally find that Lillie does wonders in evolution-focused decks.

Best wishes Trainer!

here are my changes

-2 Fighting
-2 DCE
-3 Riolu
-3 Lucario
-1 Lycanroc (SM2)
-2 Shauna

+4 Strong Energy
+2 Regirock
+1 Lycanroc (SM-P)
+2 Vs Seeker
+3 Sycamore
+3 Trainers' mail
I'd also make room for hammers

Last edited:
I agree with these changes the deck is far more solid and has potential to hit for far larger numbers, but I still do not get how you KO opposing pokemon if you keep switching their active. I would consider using only 1 midnight form lycanroc gx and less devolution spray. And focusing more on hitting the same pokemon.

I agree with these changes the deck is far more solid and has potential to hit for far larger numbers, but I still do not get how you KO opposing pokemon if you keep switching their active. I would consider using only 1 midnight form lycanroc gx and less devolution spray. And focusing more on hitting the same pokemon.
That's why I recommended Strong Energy and Regirock to try and OHKO your opponent and if you can't just don't play down the Midnight one

If that is the case, you might as well forget using crunch and just use accelerock for a higher base damage and turn the focus from energy removal to OHKOs, right?

If this is to remain a energy removal deck, I would continuously attack the threat and deny it from attacking even if you don't get a one shot KO.

One strong energy brings Crunch to 50 (a 4HKO) instead of 40 (a 6HKO) so you can do enough damage to knock things out before they (or you, for that matter) use a switching effect to deny the KO.

Edit: In to 50 doesn't make sense :p
I fixed it.

First I think You have to be 100% sure about the play style you prefer.
if your strategy is to mill energy, You should swap lucario with raticate EVO, it have the same crunch attack.
Level ball to replace nest ball, no point in playing nest since youre not playing big basics and level ball can search your basics and the eevvoluions.
Id also suggest You to make room for hammers!
After all this comments, Make a new list, so when can see where youre at, I would like to try it too

Back