Ruling Lv.X + Lv.X = ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M!ster GrassDark

Awkward turtle
Can you level up a Lv.X with another Lv.X?

Say there are two different variations of Torterra Lv.X, and I have one of them on the field. Would I be able to level up this Lv.X with the other Lv.X?

No, a Lv.X is the final stage of evolution of a pokemon line, even though why would you do that?

infmach said:
No, a Lv.X is the final stage of evolution of a pokemon line, even though why would you do that?

It's not the final stage, putting a Lv.X onto a pokemon does not evolve it, right? So it doesn't count as 'evolving' it. How can a pokemon evolve but not change - that wouldn't be evolving it.

Regardless, you are not allowed to Level up a Pokemon that has already been leveled up.

I never said it evolved, I mean that you can no further evolve since a Lv.X would be the final stage of a pokemon you are leveling up.
EDIT:Ninja'd

Read this thread and you'll come across
Q: I level up one Shaymin Lv.X card with the other, and if I do, can I use the attacks on the previous card?
A: This seemed like a head-scratcher at first, but it seems it’s addressed directly in the first bullet in the New Additions document: No.

im pretty sure it is written down somewhere if every1 has followed that rule for like ever lol

Read the person that just ninja'd you and you'll find where it's been answered.

Furthermore, if you actually read the rulebook, it tells you:

"A Pokémon LV. X can’t be played on a Pokémon that evolved that turn or on a LV. X already in play. (For example, if you evolved your Pokémon to Torterra this turn, you could not play Torterra LV. X on that Pokémon.)"

Is that enough proof for you?

Zyflair said:

"A Pokémon LV. X can’t be played on a Pokémon that evolved that turn or on a LV. X already in play. (For example, if you evolved your Pokémon to Torterra this turn, you could not play Torterra LV. X on that Pokémon.)"

Okay! I wasn't against you or anything, I just wanted evidence which before you didn't give as for this question opinions/assumptions aren't valid unless backed up with solid evidence.

Anyway, I got it: you can't level up a Lv.X

Also, the guy who ninja'd me (whatever that means) said "a Lv.X is the final stage of evolution of a pokemon line", which is incorrect.

If I sounded aggressive to you, then I'll apologize on my behalf.

If you ever come across a question, checking the compendium would help though, as it easily gives out answers that I found. That way, you won't have to twiddle your paws figners as you wait for people to answer your question.

M!ster GrassDark said:
Zyflair said:

Okay! I wasn't against you or anything, I just wanted evidence which before you didn't give as for this question opinions/assumptions aren't valid unless backed up with solid evidence.

Anyway, I got it: you can't level up a Lv.X

Also, the guy who ninja'd me (whatever that means) said "a Lv.X is the final stage of evolution of a pokemon line", which is incorrect.

If you mean me, you should read well, the pokemon that is leveled up is the final stage of a pokemon line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back