Luxray Line from ‘Paradigm Trigger’!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The Luxray line has been revealed from the Japanese set Paradigm Trigger, which releases in Japan on October 21st. We should see most of the cards from this set become part of our Silver Tempest in November.
Shinx – Lighting – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[L] Thunder Jolt: 30 damage. This Pokemon also does 10 damage to itself.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Luxio – Lightning – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Shinx
[L]...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I really like that luxray. Reminds me of talonflame STS. Cheap, free retreat and a good support attack, very nice for some setup heavy decks.

Luxray (or, as I call it, the Steam Siege Talonflame PowerCrept Edition) could be good, should we get out next greninja break-esque partner

Also more HP, deals more damage, and can actually hit for a weakness. Not Bad :))

Shinx/Luxio/Luxray - cool card, especially the Luxray. Bad news is, they won't be in Silver Tempest. So we'll see this thing being playable on the same year as exs in SV era enters the meta. 2/3-4/4-5

Luxray (or, as I call it, the Steam Siege Talonflame PowerCrept Edition) could be good, should we get out next greninja break-esque partner

Also more HP, deals more damage, and can actually hit for a weakness. Not Bad :))

Talonflame's attack searched for any 2 cards though.

luxray, great card design. If we want a starter pokemon, then this is it, it has higher HP to be more recistensed against sableye. But I don’t think the meta allows for some setup deck sadly.

Luxio seems cool, sorta reminesned of gen 4 relicanth. Choice belt does 240 to a palkia with belt. I’m not confident in it seeing competitive play.

Both of these are great both in GLC and High powered cubes

Luxray is kinda good tbh

Seems just ok for our current Standard but will probably be good once rotation hits

Last edited:
Manectric is BACK!! I'm so psyched for Seeking Fangs. You can get cross switcher, tools, hammers and even raihan. Needs a milotic on the bench though. Would definitely be playing this with the new quad stone! ???

Also, love that one energy attack on Luxio. 90 spread on all tooled pokemons is definitely interesting. ?⚡

I really like that luxray. Reminds me of talonflame STS. Cheap, free retreat and a good support attack, very nice for some setup heavy decks.
I forgot about Talonflame. That card is much better cuz it does only 10 less damage for 2 free card searches, not just trainers. And back then, 40 damage is A LOT! I don't get why they are limiting cards more and more now..

Man, I'm still so sad they stopped doing theme decks because this is EXACTLY the type of card we'd get a theme deck of. Oh well, greedy corps gonna be greedy corps : |

I forgot about Talonflame. That card is much better cuz it does only 10 less damage for 2 free card searches, not just trainers. And back then, 40 damage is A LOT! I don't get why they are limiting cards more and more now..
Most stuff is searchable off of the right trainer card. And, since its for early game, it thins 2 extra cards from the deck if those trainers search for those cards. The only main thing Bird got that Luxray can't is special energy. In a straight comparison, yeah, bird is better, but luxray isn't far off, and lightning weakness is fairly relevant.

does this replace top end luxray? it makes it possible to turn2 item lock luxio, which is cool, without having to give it up unless you really need a certain card in the late game.

this card is amazing.

Most stuff is searchable off of the right trainer card. And, since its for early game, it thins 2 extra cards from the deck if those trainers search for those cards. The only main thing Bird got that Luxray can't is special energy. In a straight comparison, yeah, bird is better, but luxray isn't far off, and lightning weakness is fairly relevant.
I have to disagree. Trainer search and free search is totally different. There is no way you can get your special energies with a trainer that easily. Also, thinning the deck can sometimes be a bad thing especially when you may need those trainers for later in the game after you set up your field. Weakness is not really relevant since its a 1 prize anyways and lightning decks weren't exactly a big thing back in XY Standard. So, Talonflame is definitely better, I feel. ?

Back