• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Luxchomp (seniors, states/nationals)

MDL

Formerly Roronoa Zoro
Hi, I'm new in the forum, but not in pokémon TCG. This is my best Luxchomp list, probably I won't take many suggestions, but comment please.

Decklist:
Pokémon (20):
2-2 Garchomp C L.X SV
2-2 Luxray GL L.X RR
2-1 Uxie L.X LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Unown Q MD
2 Crobat G PL
1 Bronzong G PL
1 Lucario GL
1 Promocroak
1 Dragonite FB SV
1 Ambipom G RR

Energys (11):
4 DCE
3 Lightning Energy
3 Call Energy
1 Psychic Energy

T/S/S (29):
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
4 Poké-Turn
3 Energy Gain
4 Power Spray
3 SP Radar
3 Pokémon Collector
2 Pokémon Communication
2 Bebe's Search
1 Luxury Ball
1 Expert Belt
2 Aaron's Collection

Strategy:
Snipe with Garchomp C, disrupt with Luxray GL, Uxie/Uxie L.X for drawpower and to counter Machamp. Azelf for any pokémon that eventually is prized and I need, Unown Q for free retreat in pixies. Crobats G to add damage, Bronzong G for swapping energy, Lucario GL for x2 weakness, Promocroak to counter Luxray GL, Dragonite FB for mirror and Ambipom G to donk and counter Machamp.

Solid list. Although you aren't taking suggestions, you might want to drop Ambipom G. I know it is for donking, but in case you miss the donk Dragonite FB can deal with your opponent's SP/Garchomp. Try adding in a PONT for some drawpower. You cuold also drop the Expert Belt for another PONT, but it's not necessary.

Luxray belted is a beast in mirror and Ambipom G already saved me sometimes, not only with his second attack, but with the first to. I have already playtested with PONT, and SP don't need hand refresh, but they need a FULL hand.

I see your point, but if you are unable to draw into the Cyrus/Collector, what are you going to do?

Chomp line should be 3-1 for mirror etc.
Luxray line is now usually seen as 2-1(at least in my area)
Then w/that extra spot you can add a 3rd uxie or a PONT/refresher.
Also i'd drop the 4th spray and 2nd Comm for 2 junk arms.

Belted Luxray isn't a beast in mirror. They'll just Promocroak you for two prizes, but I do see how you could potentially just bring up a benched chomp and flash impact for a ko. Belts good vs Gyara also but without a way to search it I'm not a fan. 3-1 Chomp makes it so the mirror takes less skill. lol I prefer a 3-1 Uxie and premier balls for machamp. Machamp's a doozy. I'd like to see a Junk arm and a prem ball over the communications, but that's just preference. Twins could possibly be good in a chomp war, just throwing out ideas.

I'm not gonna make my line 3-1 Chomp and I am confortable with 2-2 Luxray. I can do pretty well against machamp after my Uxie dies, but I am trying to get another Uxie L.X, so I can put 2-2 Uxie. I don't like junk arm in this deck, but I will put one premier ball and take out a communication.

There are two great things about Junk Arm. First of all, it lets you get a Trainer card from the discard. What if you need to land ten more damage to land a KO or recover quickly? Then you grab Poketurn or Power Spray or Energy Gain and use it again. The other thing that is great is that it lets you discard 2 cards that you don't need. If you're being Trainer Locked or can't use a card ATM that only hurts you, you can get rid of it. I think you should consider one Junk Arm and get rid of one Aaron's.

No, two Aaron's is good, if I had only one Aaron's today I couldn't win a tournament today. If I am being trainer locked, how can I use junk arm? It is a trainer, so I can't use it.

Oops. :) Forget TL for now, unless it is heavy in your area. You might just want to use either Ambipom or Dragonite, that's up to you.

I want to use both, because in mirror sometimes ambipom is better and sometimes dragonite is better, so I will keep both.

Back