Discussion Lurantis promo in Zoropod

Trnr_Black

Aspiring Trainer
I'm very on the fence and I'm curious to hear thoughts from other Zoropod players. I understand the logic, I see how the math works, but in playtesting I find that it doesn't actually come into play that often. There have been a few games where it's been super clutch, either doing the one-shot Lele thing or hitting bigger 1 prize basics like baby Volc and actually doing KOs, but I feel like I still win most games just fine without ever benching Fomantis, and getting by with more draw power from Zoroark. Is it a shift in mindset that's required? Are there just certain matchups where it really makes a difference, and I'm just not seeing them? Has anyone felt like Lurantis has mad a major difference in their games? Or is it not worth four slots that could otherwise go to more utility supporters or something?

While I see the merit of it to hit the numbers, I think it was just a solid call for Collinsville in an open meta to KO possible threats such Zoroark, Dusk Mane Necrozma, and Buzzwole. Problem is Parallel City is now rising more and more in popularity, which makes the Lurantis extremely hard to pull off. If you see things such as Dusk Mane as a threat, then Lurantis is possible to include, but OHKOing Zoroark with Crossing Cut GX is extremely hard with Parallel City limiting your bench, so I do not think it is worth the inclusion. Sudowoodo and Counter Energy are a better tech in Zoropod in my opinion for the decks Lurantis was targeting. Not to mention Garbodor is becoming popular again. However, OHKOing Lele is very promising, so it's really up to the player if they value that enough to dedicate the spots to it.

Back