• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lurantis GX / Tapu Bulu GX

Haarry

Aspiring Trainer
(UPDATED WITH SUPPORT FROM REPLIES)
This is my deck currently. It is on a budget so I can't go all out with expensive cards. I'd love to have some suggestions. Next to each card I have put an explanation as to why I have chosen it. Alternatives / improvements would be great.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113 - Draw Support
* 4 Fomantis SUM 14 - Evolving
* 2 Lurantis PR-SM SM25 - Hit an extra 20-40 damage to go for one hits
* 3 Lurantis-GX SUM 138 - Get energies on bulu and deal damage with solar blade
* 2 Tapu Bulu-GX PR-SM SM32 - Take on fire decks and / or decks that hit evolution pokemon hard
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155 - Does this need explaining?

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130 - Get lele or oranguru back if K.O'd
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121- Extra damage to GX / EX
* 1 Olympia GEN 66 - Switch my support pokemon out of the active
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78 - Stop them being able to retreat and recover their main attacker(s)
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107 - Get rid of dead hands
* 1 Brigette BKT 134 - Get bulus, oranguru and fomantis' on bench
* 2 Skyla BKT 148 - Search out cards like ultra ball
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125 - Get rid of tools / stadiums
* 2 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74 - Get my lurantis' out A.S.A.P.
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124 - In case of emergency
* 1 Hala GRI 126 - Get rid of dead hands
* 2 Switch ROS 91 - Get support pokemon out of the active
* 2 Revitalizer GEN 70 - Get back lurantis' and bulus
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135 - Search out pokemon I need
* 2 Judge BKT 143 - Budget N, ruin opponent's hand or get rid of my dead hand
* 2 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116 - Lower damage to bulus or fomantis' that I am setting up
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137 - Reduce risk of sunny day lurantis' being K.O'd
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128 - Deal an extra 20 damage / draw suport

##Energy - 12

* 12 Grass Energy - No D.C.E's as I don't need any for any of my pokemon

Total Cards - 60

Last edited:
I think you should remove the Tauros GX and one Lurantis GX and add in 2 Tapu Bulu GX. Tauros isn't really doing you any favors. Players have learned how to play around it and with Choice Band, it gets OHKO'd pretty easily. I don't think the Eevee, Vaporeon, and Flareon are that much help either, although I would say that they're more helpful than the Shiinotic. You have tons of other options to search your deck for Lurantis without having to use Shiinotic. Here's how my Pokémon list would look like:

4 Fomantis
3 Lurantis GX (Maybe even cut this down to 2)
2 Lurantis
2 Tapu Bulu GX
1 Tapu Lele (2 would be nice, but I know you said you were working on a budget)
1 Oranguru (Shaymin would be nice, but Oranguru is budget friendly and does a few things better than Shaymin)

I think this list is much more focused and gives you some extra space for Trainer cards. As far as Trainers go, there are a few cards I think you should remove (Evosoda, Great Ball, Professor's Letter, Ninja Boy, at least one Hala). Adding 2 Float Stones would be good because promo Lurantis is just a sitting duck once it's one the field. Plus, adding in switch cards is beneficial if you add Tapu Bulu because you can power Bulu up on the bench with Lurantis GX's Flower Supply and then switch in Bulu to get the OHKO. Some Trainer cards I'd consider:

1 Olympia
2 Float Stones
1 Brigette
A fourth Ultra Ball
Another Forest of Giant Plants
Revitalizer
Rescue Stretcher

I'm not sure why you're running DCE, unless it's for the Tauros. Even then you should just run all grass energy.

Hope this helps!

I think you should remove the Tauros GX and one Lurantis GX and add in 2 Tapu Bulu GX. Tauros isn't really doing you any favors. Players have learned how to play around it and with Choice Band, it gets OHKO'd pretty easily. I don't think the Eevee, Vaporeon, and Flareon are that much help either, although I would say that they're more helpful than the Shiinotic. You have tons of other options to search your deck for Lurantis without having to use Shiinotic. Here's how my Pokémon list would look like:

4 Fomantis
3 Lurantis GX (Maybe even cut this down to 2)
2 Lurantis
2 Tapu Bulu GX
1 Tapu Lele (2 would be nice, but I know you said you were working on a budget)
1 Oranguru (Shaymin would be nice, but Oranguru is budget friendly and does a few things better than Shaymin)

I think this list is much more focused and gives you some extra space for Trainer cards. As far as Trainers go, there are a few cards I think you should remove (Evosoda, Great Ball, Professor's Letter, Ninja Boy, at least one Hala). Adding 2 Float Stones would be good because promo Lurantis is just a sitting duck once it's one the field. Plus, adding in switch cards is beneficial if you add Tapu Bulu because you can power Bulu up on the bench with Lurantis GX's Flower Supply and then switch in Bulu to get the OHKO. Some Trainer cards I'd consider:

1 Olympia
2 Float Stones
1 Brigette
A fourth Ultra Ball
Another Forest of Giant Plants
Revitalizer
Rescue Stretcher

I'm not sure why you're running DCE, unless it's for the Tauros. Even then you should just run all grass energy.

Hope this helps!

The main reason I have the vaporean / flareon is so I can hit weakness on things like volcanion using the ability. I'll try to get the other stuff in tho

I played a similar deck. My two cents: with all those great/ultra/nest balls and evosoda's you don't need Morelull/Shiinotic. They'll just get in your way.
Would definitely go with 1 and maybe even 2 more Forest Of Giant Plants.
Pinsir is not a bad throw in into this deck. I've won games on turn one with him as my starter using roof fling.
I eventually took flareon out of my deck because I never used it but maybe the meta has changed since then.

You definitely will suffer on draw support so an Oranguru would help. Remoraid/Octillery is another reasonably priced alternative. Lucky Helmet's could help as well.

Judge is a poor man's 'N', if you can't get the 'N's' then try to get some Judge's, they're about twenty cents each online.
I would play 4 sycamore's and 4 N's (or Judge) in this deck if you can.

I played a similar deck. My two cents: with all those great/ultra/nest balls and evosoda's you don't need Morelull/Shiinotic. They'll just get in your way.
Would definitely go with 1 and maybe even 2 more Forest Of Giant Plants.
Pinsir is not a bad throw in into this deck. I've won games on turn one with him as my starter using roof fling.
I eventually took flareon out of my deck because I never used it but maybe the meta has changed since then.

You definitely will suffer on draw support so an Oranguru would help. Remoraid/Octillery is another reasonably priced alternative. Lucky Helmet's could help as well.

Judge is a poor man's 'N', if you can't get the 'N's' then try to get some Judge's, they're about twenty cents each online.
I would play 4 sycamore's and 4 N's (or Judge) in this deck if you can.

I've made all of these changes but after testing I'm not entirely sure on the pinsir so I might remove that. I removed flareon but I kept vaporeon (not sure if you wanted me to remove vaporeon too)

Pinsir is a card I've gone back and forth on several times.
Vaporeon/Flareon are going to be effective depending on what you're opponents tend to play. In my personal experience in my league etc i never really needed the flareon so i took it out.

Pinsir is a card I've gone back and forth on several times.
Vaporeon/Flareon are going to be effective depending on what you're opponents tend to play. In my personal experience in my league etc i never really needed the flareon so i took it out.
ah ok. I reduced my DCE count to 1 so maybe adding more DCEs for the pinsir will help out. Also I mainly play vaporeon because going against fire decks can hit me hard

Back