• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lurantis/Golisopod

ZagzigZero

Aspiring Trainer
Hello, I'm trying to make a competitive deck involving Golisopod. i thought of this deck myself.
Here's a decklist:

Pokémon: 15
4 Fomantis
3 Lurantis (PR sm25) (Grass and Fire pokémon do 20 more damage)
1 Lurantis-GX (A grass wall that might not get OHKO'd)
2 Tapu Lele-GX (Supporter searching)
1 Shaymin EX (Draw power)
2 Wimpod
2 Golisopod (GRI 9) (OHKO's any 180hp EX/GX while choice banded, Recieves 30 less damage from everything. Can possibly do 240 damage with 3 Lurantis up (Very unlikely.))

Trainers: 37
3 Choice Band (Necessary for OHKO's)
2 Float Stone
4 Forest Of Giant Plants
1 Hex Maniac
2 Level Ball
2 Lysandre
2 Max Potion*
4 N
1 Ninja Boy*
1 Pokémon Ranger*
1 Professor Kukui*
3 Professor Sycamore
2 Revitalizer
1 Super Rod
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker

Energy: 8
3 Double Colorless Energy
5 Grass Energy

(Cards with an * indicate that can be taken out, since i'm not sure why i put them in here.)

So, what are your thoughts on this? Feel free to modify this list and help me :3

-- DISCLAMER: I have never played this deck, so don't take my advice as granted. You should test your build first, and if you're happy with it, never change it. --

-- POKÉMON --

From my perspective, you'll use Lurantis Promo to buff your attackers, and not as an attacker. The split between 3 Promo/1 GX isn't going too work too well, and I think you are underestimating Lurantis GX's potential as an attacker.

Also I don't think that 2 Lele AND 1 Shay are really necessary. Your deck isn't the explosive type, it's got some tanking and counter playing to do. You can't just rush 2 Golisopod on the field against a deck like Umbreon/Zoroark, your opponent will use their Eevee to evolve into Flareon and just attack with Zoroark. You should be more reactive, and less explosive. But I won't advise on taking it out, maybe it's just your playstyle.

-- TRAINER --

Pokémon Center Lady is a great supporter as a one-of. Lurantis-GX can tank alot more when you combo Solar Blade and PCL to transform a 2HKO into a 3HKO.

4 Forest isn't really useful tbh. You don't need to evolve 2 stage 2's like DeciPlume. I think 3 is good enough.

I don't see really an use for Pokémon Ranger (Glaceon isn't really big right now), and Ninja Boy (maybe if you had a tech Tapu Bulu... Keep that in your head). I also don't see many scenarios when Hex will be all that useful. Of course it will stop crucial turns of the likes of Vikavolt and Metagross-GX, but then you'll turn off Lurantis Promo AND Golisopod's abilities.

If your attackers are Choice Banded, how will you retreat them? Olympia it is. It also heals so fits really good in the deck.

BTW, no Field Blower? Man, if you're going against any Garb, you're toast.

-- ENERGY --

I have never played this deck, but 5 Grass will eventually crack your deck up. You need 3 on a single Lurantis-GX to Solar Blade, so if you prize 2, you'll have to Super Rod them back and start digging. No good. This will need some testing so I won't put in the proposed changes.

-- PROPOSED STRATEGY --

You won't really use Lurantis Promo all that much, to be fair. If a 2HKO doesn't change into a OHKO with Lurantis Promo's 20+, don't waste resources on it. Keep the math in your head, and always a Fomantis ready on the bench. There will be turns when you can put 1 Lurantis Promo + 1 Choice Band and catch your opponent by surprise. Until then, hold your game with Lurantis-GX natural bulk, healing capabilities and energy management, and beat up GX's with Golisopod.

Your game will be about RESOURCES, not SPEED.

-- PROPOSED CHANGES --

-1 Lurantis Promo
-1 FOGP
-1 Pokémon Ranger
-1 Ninja Boy
-1 Hex

+1 Lurantis-GX
+1 PCL
+1 Olympia
+2 Field Blower

Hope I helped! I wanted to make this deck too, so why don't you share your results with me? :)

Well it's funny now you mention it, I always seem to rush and try to get everything set up as fast as possible. (Not exactly a good thing -_-)
And i wasn't really focusing on the cons of supporters, so thanks for clarifying the mistakes rofl
I just wanted to use Promo Lurantis as Deoxys EX and rack up damage. Seems it's kinda useless after all.
Thanks for the help, I'll shift my strategy.

Now that you mention it, I rarely use the Lele/Shaymin, Maybe i should switch them out for energy?

Well it's funny now you mention it, I always seem to rush and try to get everything set up as fast as possible. (Not exactly a good thing -_-)

Hehehe. That's a flaw of the end of BW and almost entirety of XY era. The faster you went, the better.

And i wasn't really focusing on the cons of supporters, so thanks for clarifying the mistakes rofl

I just wanted to use Promo Lurantis as Deoxys EX and rack up damage. Seems it's kinda useless after all.
Thanks for the help, I'll shift my strategy.

I'm glad I got to help!

The big problem with using Lurantis Promo as Deoxys-EX is that you'll need the Fomantis to evolve into Lurantis-GX. You can build a deck that focuses on going ham with Lurantis Promo and something like Tapu Bulu-GX or Golisopod, but right now this list looks pretty good (maybe I'll test it out myself). I think it helps to change your mentality about the game when we are basically done with this season, and the next one will bring a very new and welcoming face to the meta.

Now that you mention it, I rarely use the Lele/Shaymin, Maybe i should switch them out for energy?

Only testing will tell, but I do think that 2 Lele is the new 2 Shaymin. Remember when I said that your game should be about resources, not speed? I think the correct phrase is: Reaction, not speed. Lele brings reaction, so keep at least 1. Maaaaaybe you can take out Shaymin, but I dunno. You can test a 6 grass, 0 Shaymin on your next tournament, maybe even 2 DCE 7 Grass.

Back