• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lunala GX Deck Help

Luxinity

Elegant Cosplayer
So,i've been running a Lunala deck for more than a week now, and i still feel that there's something that can give the purple bat it's full potential, so here's my decklist.. im seeking for suggestions, thanks in advance! ;)

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Cosmog UPR 60
* 2 Cosmog SUM 64
* 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 63
* 1 Lunala {*} UPR 62
* 1 Mewtwo-GX SLG 39
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 3 Cosmoem UPR 61
* 1 Lunala GRI 61
* 2 Lunala-GX PR-SM SM17

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 4 N DEX 96
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Max Potion BKP 103

##Energy - 12

* 3 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
* 8 Psychic Energy 5
* 1 Super Boost Energy {*} UPR 136

A Zoroark line it makes every deck better :p jk jk jk...

You have a pretty solid list my only recommendation would be maybe an Oranguru for draw support and it's attack benefits from Lunala gx's abilty.

What is your main attacker? Mewtwo? Big Lunala?
Shining Mew is a good choice, since it gets your Energy set up, even if it dies. I would drop a Cosmoem, since 3 Candy and 2 Cosmoem is more than enough to get a single Lunala set up. This is also considering that you want/need the deck space somewhere else. I would probably play a second Mewtwo if it is your main attacker, just because you want something bulky hitting for big damage in a deck that utilizes the Transfer/Max Potion combo. Considering how clunky Lunala is, the list looks solid. Maybe drop a Sycamore for a 3rd Cynthia, since discarding resources in a stage 2 support deck can immediately cut some of your options out of the picture.

What is your main attacker? Mewtwo? Big Lunala?
Shining Mew is a good choice, since it gets your Energy set up, even if it dies. I would drop a Cosmoem, since 3 Candy and 2 Cosmoem is more than enough to get a single Lunala set up. This is also considering that you want/need the deck space somewhere else. I would probably play a second Mewtwo if it is your main attacker, just because you want something bulky hitting for big damage in a deck that utilizes the Transfer/Max Potion combo. Considering how clunky Lunala is, the list looks solid. Maybe drop a Sycamore for a 3rd Cynthia, since discarding resources in a stage 2 support deck can immediately cut some of your options out of the picture.
I second the Shining Mew. I also second the Cynthia. (Geez gumball, you're good.)

If you play Rare Candy, you should probably drop 2 Cosmoem. If you don't feel safe enough with that, you can drop to two.
What to switch 'em with? MAX POTION! (I thought of a troll-nala deck earlier that could utilize 8 Max Potion on a 250HP Beast. Fun fun.)
I have to agree with Gumball with the Shining Mew, I think you could do a -1 Mewtwo GX (you already have Shatter Shot Lunala) and a Brigette (by personal experience, 1 does fine for every deck I've played so far.)

So:
-2 Cosmoem
-1 Mewtwo GX
-1 Brigette

+2 Max Potion
+2 Shining Mew

[Vulcan hands]
Live Long and Prize Cards.

Back