XY Lumiose City Saving Glitch? (Update Oct 31 - Patch available on eShop)

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Reports have been made about a glitch in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y where if the player saves on Lumiose City's streets, the game freezes and requires a restart in order to fix it. (This doesn't apply if you're in a building in the city, like the Pokemon Center.)

Has anyone experienced this glitch? Or, more importantly, is anyone willing to try to duplicate it for the sake of science?

Edit Oct 19: No need to duplicate it, Nintendo has confirmed that it exists and the game will be patched in order to fix it:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1057/p/430

Edit Oct 31: The patch is out on the eShop (has been for a few days) and available for download. Make sure you download the patch that corresponds to your version.

RE: Lumiose City Saving Glitch?

Started a new copy of Y. Will try this.

I should ask, is this the eShop copy? Rumor has it this only occurs if you downloaded the game.

Personally, I'm treating this glitch as a rumor a person started until otherwise proven. I've seen one person claim it, and apparently one video that shows sad glitch, but it's such a bad camera job i can't tell what's going on.

Axell Starr said:
Personally, I'm treating this glitch as a rumor a person started until otherwise proven. I've seen one person claim it, and apparently one video that shows sad glitch, but it's such a bad camera job i can't tell what's going on.

Well, I saw 2 videos about that glitch when was searching for some news in google. In the first one, the character was a boy, but in the second video it was a girl playing.

Maybe is true...

Also, I read about a posible fix: You must remove your SD card and then start the game

Got to Luminose. Saved. Restarted. Nothing went wrong. I am unable to reproduce this, sorry :[

Sashlyr said:
Axell Starr said:

Well, I saw 2 videos about that glitch when was searching for some news in google. In the first one, the character was a boy, but in the second video it was a girl playing.

Maybe is true...

Also, I read about a posible fix: You must remove your SD card and then start the game

May you show me the one with the girl playing?

Axell Starr said:
Sashlyr said:

Maybe is true...

May you show me the one with the girl playing?

Sorry for make you wait, but here is the link of the video.

I just noticed that the video of the glitch that is on most pages with te male player is an Y version, this one is an X version.

But I've read that not all the copies of the games have the glitch

Astra said:
Supposedly it involves saving near a taxi on the digital copy.

Not just the digital copy. I've had three or four friends tell me they've experienced this glitch, most of which have the physical copy of the game.

Huh. I think this happened to my cousin. Only glitch I got so far was some weird black screen and mute glitch mid-battle, until i pressed the home button. It's like I closed it, because it disconnected from the pokemon wi-fi network.

Here is other video of the glitch

A lot of pages are talking about this glitch, so it looks like a real thing that can actually hapen in some copies of the game.

I still waiting for my copy of X, hope is free from glitches :(

I have experienced two glitches so far, one non-serious at all and one that loses your progress until when you saved last. I seriously have to sleep now but I will write about them later.

I've played the game for around 40 hours, and have frequently saved in Lumiose City, and have never experienced a glitch.

I hear that if you hit the home button as soon as the music starts to play, it might fix the glitch. However, it normally takes multiple attempts (Apparently about five minutes) but seeing as I have yet to come across this glitch, I can't say if this is a legitimate fix.

^ yeah I think i saw that on another site, you can also pull out the sd card to unfreeze it but I'm not totally sure if it works since it hasn't happened to me either

Found another glitch in Lumiose City earlier today, a place where my character just got stuck and couldn't move. It was on a corner somewhat near the Lysander Café. Switching to skates didn't help, but I was able to use Fly to get out. I took some photos of the area if anyone wants to see, but thankfully it was pretty easy to get out of.

I've seen alot of players experience this Lumoise city glitch, Nintendo just issued a press release, it's a map of Lumoise city to forewarn players where not to save! Indicated by the blue gradient that you see in the map. Advise players not to save outside in Lumoise city's boulevards! In the meantime it is recommended for players to save indoors, and inside the buildings of Lumoise city, to avoid this save corrupting glitch! Hopefully Nintendo will solve this bug soon.

So check out the map!

Pokemon-bug-map-600x545.jpg

Important note: The places that are labeled in the map by the blue gradient, are the boulevards of Lumoise city, which is where the save corrupting bug is likely to occur.

Looks like it's only on some copies and not all copies, seeing as I have been playing for nearly 50 hours since Saturday, and I have not experienced said glitch. Or any glitch for that matter.

RE: Lumiose City Saving Glitch? (Update Oct 19 with official Nintendo response)

Oh. Well. Looks like someone beat me to it.

Back