• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lugia-EX, Landorus-EX, Deoxys-EX, Mewtwo-EX, Bouffalant help

xopokeballinxo

Aspiring Trainer
I bought a plasma freeze booster box at the pre release tournament, and I made a deck from it. Lacks consistency and was hoping someone with knowledge can give me some help..

Pokemon
--------------
3 Lugia EX (Overflow)

1 Deoxys EX(Power Connect)

2 Bouffalant (Bouffer)

1 Mewtwo EX

2 Landorus EX
---------------------
pokemon = 9

Item Cards
----------------
2 Pokemon Catcher

3 Team Plasma Ball

1 Random Receiver

1 Team Plasma Badge

3 Float Stone

2 switch

2 colress machine

4 hypnotxic laser

1 Computer Search

2 Tool Scrapper
-------------------------
Items = 21

Supporters
-----------------
3 shadow triad

1 colress

3 professor Juniper

3 SKyla

2 Ghetsis
-----------------
Supporters = 12

Stadiums
----------------
2 frozen citys

1 V Bank city Gym
----------------------
Stadiums = 3

Energy
-----------

4 blend energy

3 prism

4 Plasma energy

4 double colorless
-------------------
energy = 15

Strategy is to get lugia set up and take out 2 or 3 prizes per knock out. and have slowly set the others up as backup.

RE: Lugia Ex, Landorus, Deoxys, mewtwo, Bouffalant help

Seismitoad537 said:
xopokeballinxo said:
I bought a plasma freeze booster box at the pre release tournament, and I made a deck from it. Lacks consistency and was hoping someone with knowledge can give me some help..

Pokemon
--------------
3 Lugia EX (Overflow)

1 Deoxys EX(Power Connect)

2 Bouffalant (Bouffer)

1 Mewtwo EX

2 Landorus EX
---------------------
pokemon = 9

Item Cards
----------------
2 Pokemon Catcher

3 Team Plasma Ball

1 Random Receiver

1 Team Plasma Badge

3 Float Stone

2 switch

2 colress machine

4 hypnotxic laser

1 Computer Search

2 Tool Scrapper
-------------------------
Items = 21

Supporters
-----------------
3 shadow triad

1 colress

3 professor Juniper

3 SKyla

2 Ghetsis
-----------------
Supporters = 12

Stadiums
----------------
2 frozen citys

1 V Bank city Gym
----------------------
Stadiums = 3

Energy
-----------

4 blend energy

3 prism

4 Plasma energy

4 double colorless
-------------------
energy = 15

Strategy is to get lugia set up and take out 2 or 3 prizes per knock out. and have slowly set the others up as backup.

15% of your deck is Pokémon....25% are energy cards.....and 60% are trainers. I'm sorry but you need more Pokemon in your deck. 9 Pokémon is not enough if half of them are in your Prize Party then you won't even have enough for a full bench! Try this: 24 Pokémon (40%), 21 energy cards (35%) and 15 trainers (25%). You have a much better balance. There's no use to 36 trianers if you don't have any Pokémon to: heal, retrieve, evolve...etc. That's just the way I would do it. Hope I helped.

Those lines would be very inconsistant. 9-12 pokemon is plenty in most decks. No can can be consistant with only 15 trainers. 24 pokemon and 21 energy are WAYYY too much. The spread is good how he has it.

Actually, most strong Decks have an immensely higher Trainer count compared to Pokémon or Energy.

A typical list usually has 12-14 Energy, 10-12 Pokemon, and 33-37 Trainers. Variations depend on the purpose of the Deck.

I don't want to offend you Ballin put... you were really wrong.

How am I wrong? my deck is almost on point with your counts, it's toad537 who is really wrong (no offense)

Sorry guys ya it just seems like 15 energy cards or 10-12 Pokémon cards isn't enough when I battle with my friends. I mean you figure if each Pokémon needs 1-5 energy cards than that is about 20 energy card if each card uses 2 energies. Most cards use more than 2. That's just my opinion; you also have to take into consideration the fact that some opponents' moves can discard energy cards, as well as some energies may be in your prize party. I see what you guys are saying, but it is a personal preference.

xopokeballinxo said:
How am I wrong? my deck is almost on point with your counts, it's toad537 who is really wrong (no offense)

I think he misspoke when he said you were wrong.

Seismitoad537 said:
Sorry guys ya it just seems like 15 energy cards or 10-12 Pokémon cards isn't enough when I battle with my friends. I mean you figure if each Pokémon needs 1-5 energy cards than that is about 20 energy card if each card uses 2 energies. Most cards use more than 2. That's just my opinion; you also have to take into consideration the fact that some opponents' moves can discard energy cards, as well as some energies may be in your prize party. I see what you guys are saying, but it is a personal preference.

The deck is much more efficient when you have only what you absolutely need and a bunch of trainers to make it happen the most efficiently. You probably wont use all 10-12 of the pokemon and cards like dark patch and energy retrieval make energy usable even from the discard.

MMAmonchan said:
xopokeballinxo said:

I think he misspoke when he said you were wrong.

Seismitoad537 said:

The deck is much more efficient when you have only what you absolutely need and a bunch of trainers to make it happen the most efficiently. You probably wont use all 10-12 of the pokemon and cards like dark patch and energy retrieval make energy usable even from the discard.

That is true. I'm sort of new to the cardgame. That explanation really helped me. Thx

Back