• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lugia/Cofagrigus/Deoyxs

Blueinvader

This isn't that clever. Really.
Shout out to Sirmaiik for giving me inspiration for this deck.

Pokemon 15
  • 1 Bouffalant DRX
  • 1 Keldeo EX BCR
  • 3 Lugia EX PLS
  • 4 Deoyxs EX PLF
  • 3 Yamask PLF
  • 3 Cofagrigus PLF 56
Trainers 33
  • 4 Pokmon Catcher
  • 4 Colress Machine
  • 1 Life Dew AS
  • 3 Plsama Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 2 Frozen City
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 4 Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Colress
Energy 11
  • 4 Plasma
  • 4 DCE
  • 3 Psychic
Strategy

Set up as many Mummy's up by T2 and a Lugia, bench at least 2 Deoyxs and and use Six Feet Under to put 30 damage on a EX and then attack with Lugia for 150 + 3 Deoxys = 180. Frozen City is for non-Plasma Pokemon. Life Dew for a Mummy so you don't have to give up a prize.

Any advice is appreciated. :)

I made this deck once to play at Nationals. In my list, I used: 3 Emolga, 3 Lugia, 3/4 Deoxys, 3-3 Cofagrigus, 1 Tropical Beach, and 4 Skylas. You only need 2 Cofagrigus and 3 turns to go to the end of the game. I also used 4 Psychic Energy for Deoxys. I hope this helps!

Consider using Iris from Plasma Blast, synergizes really well with Cofagrigus as does Shaymin EX.
You also definitely need 2-3 Tool Scrappers, Silver Mirrors and Life Dew can really hurt Lugia EX.
And I don't think Deoxys is really that necessary..

in adition (if i'm to take the credit :p) consider having a non-ex support striker, there are a lot of anti-ex and anti-plasma damage protections, I know you can catch youself FTW but immo it's never risky to have 1 or 2

Sheriff_K said:

very necessary. it makes you win the game in two turns. trust me ive played this deck. although i would consider dropping your grigus line to either 4-3 or even 3-3 and putting in some level balls/iris. lv ball really helps.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Sheriff_K said:

very necessary. it makes you win the game in two turns. trust me ive played this deck. although i would consider dropping your grigus line to either 4-3 or even 3-3 and putting in some level balls/iris. lv ball really helps.
Using an Iris or PowerPlus instead of a Deoxys accomplishes the same thing, and isn't Catcher bait.
Since he had no Iris, I meant he could drop Deoxys for it.

Update.

I have no idea what to drop for Level Balls and 1 more Scrapper. >.>

Changes:
- 1/1 Mummy line
+ 1 Bouffalant
+ 1 Scrapper

Blueinvader said:
I have no idea what to drop for Level Balls and 1 more Scrapper. >.>

-1 Frozen
-1 Juniper/Colress

Use stadium as counter-bank's only, i kno it makes a lot of synergy with the strategy, but is that one, or both supporters

Sir, why is your avatar so big? (Better to eat me with? Jk.. xD)

@AlexanderTheAwesome, I still am not sold on the Deoxys. By turn 2 the most you can expect to have is 1 or 2 Deoxys, and that's if you're lucky. Wouldn't having more of the Grigus line be more beneficial, as you'd be more likely to get one by turn 2 and hit for 30 damage (more than what ~2 Deoxys would net you.) Or even a Hypnotixic Laser, that'd do 10 damage, or you could even make use of an opponents Virbank should they have one and do 30 damage..

Personally I feel as though 3 Float Stones may be a bit much, but with people starting to run 2-3 Tool Scrappers, it may be necessary..

One thing I'd consider, is dropping Life Dew for Dowsing Machine, and making use of the Iris synergy. With Dowsing you'd be able to get back your lost Cofagrigi or a Plasma Energy (discarded via Lugia), back into play. A real problem with Lugia EX is that with 4 Plasma Energy in your Deck you only have 4 opportunities to take 6 Prizes. Should the enemy run no EX Pokemon, Enhanced Hammer/Cobalion-EX, or Life Dew, or if you had discarded Plasma Energy for whatever reason, you'd be up the proverbial creek without a paddle. Thus you'd need either Shadow Triads or Dowsing as a Plan B.

Sheriff_K said:

(Addind more on-topic thoughts, give me second to edit..)

With Dowsing you'd be able to get back your lost Cofagrigi or a Plasma Energy (discarded via Lugia) ....Thus you'd need either Shadow Triads or Dowsing as a Plan B.

I'm too lazy that i used my facebook account to register heer... so thats my profile pic and the real me, never been ashamed on how I am and like to brag about lol! but i'll change it with a more suitable one :)

and for the Second one, Shadow Triad is the New Revive/drowsing machine for plasma alltogether, it does waste your turn support but it works marvels in terms of versatility

On-Topic Edit: What is "plsama ball" never heard about :/ (ok no ._.)

-1 Ultra Ball
+1 level Ball

I've always played 2 ultras on every deck

Sheriff_K said:

@AlexanderTheAwesome, I still am not sold on the Deoxys. By turn 2 the most you can expect to have is 1 or 2 Deoxys, and that's if you're lucky. Wouldn't having more of the Grigus line be more beneficial, as you'd be more likely to get one by turn 2 and hit for 30 damage (more than what ~2 Deoxys would net you.) Or even a Hypnotixic Laser, that'd do 10 damage, or you could even make use of an opponents Virbank should they have one and do 30 damage..

Personally I feel as though 3 Float Stones may be a bit much, but with people starting to run 2-3 Tool Scrappers, it may be necessary..

One thing I'd consider, is dropping Life Dew for Dowsing Machine, and making use of the Iris synergy. With Dowsing you'd be able to get back your lost Cofagrigi or a Plasma Energy (discarded via Lugia), back into play. A real problem with Lugia EX is that with 4 Plasma Energy in your Deck you only have 4 opportunities to take 6 Prizes. Should the enemy run no EX Pokemon, Enhanced Hammer/Cobalion-EX, or Life Dew, or if you had discarded Plasma Energy for whatever reason, you'd be up the proverbial creek without a paddle. Thus you'd need either Shadow Triads or Dowsing as a Plan B.

Poison does not net you the 3 prizes.Overflow only activates when Lugia attacks.

Blueinvader said:
Poison does not net you the 3 prizes.Overflow only activates when Lugia attacks.
Wow, I can't believe I forgot that... >_< Thanks for clearing that up.

But I'd still prefer Iris over Deoxys, although Deoxys is more reliable. Since if you used a Supporter turn 2 to set-up the attack, you wouldn't be able to Iris. But later on Iris starts getting really good, especially when your Prizes are down.

Sheriff_K said:
AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Using an Iris or PowerPlus instead of a Deoxys accomplishes the same thing, and isn't Catcher bait.
Since he had no Iris, I meant he could drop Deoxys for it.

Plus Power is out :( NXD-and on only :(

Back