Discussion Lucario EX / Hammers VS Seismitoad EX / Garbodor

PlinfaTheBest

Plinfa means Piplup in German!
Hi everyone,

I am slowly becoming a fan of Lucario decks as I performed quite well with a Lucario/Bats deck, only losing to M-Manectric/Regice because I had no Jirachi, my Ultra Balls were prized and I whiffed Crobats, but that's another story. However, I think that as soon as BREAKpoint becomes legal for competitive play, most people in my area will start playing Garbodor in their decks so I decided to cut the Crobat line in favor of some disruption. But then, Toad came to my mind and now I want to know how the matchup for Lucario/Hammers against Toad/Garbodor/Card is and if a single Jirachi and some Xerosic will improve this matchup as much as I want to. Otherwise I will just play Toad myself...
So what do you think? What is the matchup like?

Thank you for your input
PlinfaTheBest

Your hammers become useless against toad, but you can streamline hawluchas to try to move the match in your favor since toad doesn't have laserbank (Giovanni makes things more interesting).

Hammers are useless against toad, but your team flare grunt and Xerosic aren't. That's some of my concern with the Toad deck. Not only do you have to dig for the DCE, when you lose them, you're screwed. I've contemplated a milotic line in the toad deck in the event I run into some energy removal cards that can bite me in the behind. I already run silent lab which takes care of my concerns for most pokemon's abilities so I'm not sure if Garbodor is worth adding it into a Toad deck as much as having a backup to retreiving the DCE.

Back