• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lucario and Friends (Lucario EX / Landorus EX / Garbodor)

rauber

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3 Lucario EX
    1 Landorus EX
    2 Landorus FFI
    2 Hawlucha
    1 Mewtwo EX
    2 Trubbish
    2 Garbodor LTR
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Korrina
    4 Muscle Band
    3 Fighting Stadium
    4 Professor Sycamore
    2 Switch
    2 Professor's Letter
    2 Colress
    4 N
    1 Scramble Switch
    2 VS Seeker
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Lysandre
    2 Float Stone
    1 Enhanced Hammer
Energy:

• 6 Fighting Energy
    4 Stong Energy
    2 DCE

Strategy:

The strategy is pretty simple i will try to start with either landorus EX or lucario EX and spread damage. Lucario is the main hitter since he can deal mass damage with strong energy and muscle band. Landorus FUF is used in the late game when needed to get energies and garbodor is used when the oponent deck relies on abilities. The rest of the deck is pretty simple i use hawlucha and mewtwo EX to deal with EXs and psychics pokes and the rest of the cards are staples.

Observations:
I can only run 1 landorus because of how expensive he is, and i also want to know if i should use medicham, maxie hidden trick, and other cards that will come in the future, or are not in the deck.

RE: Fighting deck

i will help you out:
-1 Scramble Switch (You only can have one Ace Spec)
-1 Rare Candy (Don't rely on Rare Candy because of Seismitoad)
-1 Mega Lucario
-2 Fighting Energy

+2 Machoke (To get Machamp into play under item lock)
+2 DCE (For Mewtwo EX)
+1 Colress

i forgot to put the energies before sorry, and i changed a scramble switch for a machoke.

Hey rauber! Here's some changes I think you should consider making to your deck:

-3 Fighting Energy (6 basic Fighting is my preferred number, but you need the space in here. 5 isn't that bad, since they can be recycled by Landorus. You still have 11 Energy + Professor's Letter in the deck, which is a decent amount.)
-2 Pokemon Fan Club (Korrina is basically just Fan Club but better, since it gets a Pokemon and an Item, as opposed to being limited to getting 2 Basics.)
-1 Stunfisk (Taking out for a Hawlucha, as I like it better. If you make the Stunfisks Landorus EXs, take out a Lucario for Hawlucha.)
-1 Korrina (Making room for 2 VS Seeker.)
-1 Colress (See above.)
-1 Scramble Switch (I prefer Computer Search.)

+3 Ultra Ball (Great for more consistently searching out your Pokemon, without having to play a Supporter. It can also get Mewtwo.)
+2 VS Seeker (Good combo with Korrina. You can search for VS Seeker with Korrina, then use it to get any Supporter back. Great when you have a dead hand.)
+1 Computer Search (Similar to VS Seeker, it allows you to get any card from your deck with Korrina. It's also good for searching out Strong Energy and Fighting Stadium.)
+1 Hawlucha (Incredible card. With Machamp in play, you can deal 100-140 damage easily - for one Energy! Great to finish off things hit by Muddy Water, Shout of Power, Missile Jab, or any other attack, really.)
+1 Lysandre (Solid card to be playing. You can use it multiple times with VS Seeker.)
+1 Escape Rope (Without Scramble Switch, you need another Switching card. Escape Rope has won me many games in this deck. It's best paired with Landorus EX/Stunfisk, since their snipe damage can put your opponent in very tight spots. But it can has still won me games in other situations.)

I also agree with Gengar master that 2-2 Rare Candy-Machoke (Plasma Blast has the best Machoke btw) is better than 3-1. Seismitoad makes it hard to use Rare Candy in a lot of situations. I also find that I only really need Rare Candy if I'm using a Korrina; I don't usually have both Rare Candy and Machamp in my hand, so if I have a Rare Candy, but not a Machamp, I'd rather it be a Machoke. And since you can Korrina for Rare Candy, those 2 Candies become easily accessible to you.

Hope that was helpful to you! :D

RE: Fighting Deck (Lucario EX / Stunfisk / Landorus / Machamp)

i made some changes in the deck how it is now?

is this deck viable in some way for competitive?

is there anything i can do that dont raise the price much that maked this deck more competitive? And what are the worst matchups and how do we beat them?

The deck definitely looks better! :) However, I still have a few recommendations:

I think this deck needs Ultra Balls and a Lysandre. If you're only using Korrina and Fan Club to search out Pokemon, you'll be searching out Pokemon pretty slowly, as you're limited to only searching out 1 Fighting Pokemon per turn, or 2 Basics. Finding Mewtwo will be incredibly hard, as you can only get it with Fan Club, Computer Search, or by drawing into it. Lysandre's just a great and versatile card that wins you quite a few games. Ask any player and they'll tell you Lysandre has won them more than a couple games. 1 copy may not seem like enough, but you have VS Seeker to recycle it if needed.

As for what to take out, I'd take out the Fan Club, a Korrina, a Colress, and a Stunkfisk for 3 Ultra Ball, and a Lysandre. As I said earlier, Fan Club is a good margin worse than Korrina. Korrina is just so much more versatile, as it can get you any Fighting Pokemon, plus any Item, which could even be an Ultra Ball. With VS Seeker, I think you have too many draw cards. 15 supporters plus 2 VS Seeker will end up clogging your hand with supporters, of which you can only play one each turn. 14 draw supporters/VS Seeker is a pretty good number, in my opinion. Thus, I think you can afford to cut a Korrina and a Colress. The reason I think you should take out Stunfisk is because I think you have too many attackers. 3 Lucario, 2 Hawlucha, 2 Landorus, and 2 Stunfisk. 9 attackers is too many for a deck like this. I think 8 is a fine number. Alternatively, you could cut a Lucario EX, but I think Stunfisk is a worse card, and can go down to 1 copy.

Hope this was helpful! :D

Im gonna have to make some changes, this is a budget deck anyways i cant afford computer search and mega lucario isnt of much use with machamp around, so im gonna switch they, which ace spec should i use? im switched mega lucario for a lysandre and im taking out a stunfisk for a ultra ball, depending on the ace spec i use im gonna make more changes.

rauber said:
Im gonna have to make some changes, this is a budget deck anyways i cant afford computer search and mega lucario isnt of much use with machamp around, so im gonna switch they, which ace spec should i use? im switched mega lucario for a lysandre and im taking out a stunfisk for a ultra ball, depending on the ace spec i use im gonna make more changes.

If you don't want to buy or trade for a Computer Search, your best choice is probably Scramble Switch. My second choice - Dowsing Machine - is about the same price as Computer Search. Scramble Switch can be useful for powering up a big Lucario to sweep your opponent, or to power up a Machamp to take out a few Sigilyphs. With Scramble Switch, you can probably afford to take out a Switch, too.

i put a scramble switch switch and took out a regular switch down i also took one stunfisk and putted a lysandre in its place, how is the deck now it need more changes?

Looks good to me. :) If I were you, I'd still make the changes I suggested before, but if you don't want to do those, the list still looks pretty solid.

Is this deck good for competitives? Is there any way i can do energy trades or recovery so that i can attack pyroar or sigilyph with machamp?

I wouldn't worry about Pyroar too much. It shouldn't be too popular in this format, and even if it is, Scramble Switch and Landorus should help you be able to set up Machamps a little faster. Landorus can also take care of Sigilyph, which you might actually run into frequently and should have an answer for.

The plan of the deck is to put lucarios in the front and machamps in the bench, so you think the deck is fine the way it is to face sigilyph? Also is there a faster way to set up energies in this deck, besides late game landorus, or is it one energy per turn?

rauber said:
The plan of the deck is to put lucarios in the front and machamps in the bench, so you think the deck is fine the way it is to face sigilyph? Also is there a faster way to set up energies in this deck, besides late game landorus, or is it one energy per turn?

This deck handles Sigilyph pretty easily. The line of Machamp and Landorus you have should be able to KO all their Sigilyphs before all your Machamp and Landorus die.

There isn't really a way to get Energy in play faster, besides using Landorus. If you're having trouble getting Energy in the discard for Shout of Power, 1 Battle Compressor can help with that. It's easily searchable with Korrina, and generally a good card for thinning out your deck of cards that are bad in certain match ups. I recently took it out for more space, but it's still a decent card.

Also what would be a good strategy against donphan decks?

Honestly, this deck is pretty good against any of the blocks - Machamp for safeguard and the other two baby basics for Pyroar. EDIT: Srry, other way around...

Stunfisk or landorus could KO a sigilyph, and machamp is a counter to pyroar, you could also run M Lucario as your Pyroar counter.

How could stunfisk or landorus KO a sigilyph easily? Their basic atacks are 20 base power, or is there something im missing?

Back