• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lostgar (Gengar and Lost World)

^ that and why drop the lvX? It's another card that lets you put pokemon back into the opponents hand especially against SP decks that run alot of LvX pokes.

You might consider a TR spiritomb to make them shuffle their hand and FORCE them to draw 6 cards. Odds are they'll get a pokemon or two.

Yes I forgot to put spiritomb TR. I am not going to take out smeargle or the L.X, that is insane (only the L.X part). Uxie L.X doesn't help me at all, because I will be drawing cards with uxie/seeker.

The Gengar Lv. X puts their lv. X pokemon into their deck, not their hand. That lets them search out their Lv. X next turn (like Luxray) and then play it's power again, Gengar Lv. X actually helps your opponent in situations like that, and in any SP deck it's hardly an inconvenience to search out a Lv. X again. It's not that useful really, it's attack isn't even that helpful because even if you got prize cards you'd only slow down your deck because you couldn't use Twins anymore.

LIST ACTUALIZED!

PS: Do you think I should have 4 Smeargles and 9 Psychic Energy or 3 Smeargles and 10 Psychic Energy?

Run 4 and see if you have an energy problem. One thing to keep in mind is that after you play your first one, they all become dead draws after that. They're gonna fluff up your hand and net you fewer drawn with Uxie. Also in a mirror match having pokemon stuck in your hand (with the limited bench space this deck operates on) will probably end it for you.

Have you tried Rescue Energy in this deck?

Yes I have, but I have seen it isn't worth. I normally have at least 2 Gengar Prime ready and another one in my hand, and when one is KOed I use Palmer's and I use Twins and Communication to get it from the deck.
I have decided that I will have only 3 Smeargle UD because of the dead draws and the mirror matchup and I will keep more energy.

I am not gonna take out Mr. Mime, that's insane and I found out that Spiritomb takes a precious bench space when I can use Looker's to see their hand AND shuffling it into their deck (and they draw 5 cards) or shuffling mine and drawing 5 cards.

here out of your list here is my problems azelf and palkia are both tech lv.x's and mirror gengar lv.x will remove them now palkia is more better since nowadays getting rid of weakness is just smack talk and dialga is the one smacking and lostgars point is to zone 6 pokemon and anything it can to disrupt/lock you also want speed first a starter like spiritob would be nice also your gengar line should be like this 4-3-2-1-1(sf-tm-tm-sf-lv.x) gastly locks trainers which also stops from speed setting haunter gots free retreat meaning if damaged too much can be seekered gengar prime is your main pokemon and sf for dialga g lv.x and other things that stop you from reaching your goal and of course the lv.x for more hp and gettting rid of all the annoying lv.x's that are in your way wwhy 4 twins if any 1-2 twins have limits big ones too and 3-4 bts make you faster also 2-2 palkia line for insurance honchkrow is not usefull in any way but honchkrow g is no energy and gets you stadiums well i would use 3 bts and 3 lost worlds with one honchkrow g two mimes will give you good chances of peeping at your opponents hand mew is no good since it has to have the energy your or opponents pokemon are using you want to stack on energies reminds me jirachi and mismagius from unleashed helps power up gengar meaning easy win IQ pulls up energies and junk arm with regice discards and like the jirachi combo will make a fast pokemon build you should do 2 seeker and 2 vs. seeker you want to pull up and finish and pick them back up or diffrent supporter fisherman lets you recover some energies for another gengar if needed since you run only one s2 oyu also should reduce your candies to 2 and forgot about the dark energies which could be replaced for some more psychic also is smeargle your starter or not if yes max him if no please take my advice and change for spiritombs your search between pokemon communication and bebes should be 3-3 and finaly 4 collectors should be in order, now you should be fine.

....what?

Looker's investigation gives your opponent the option to draw UP TO 5 cards, and most people who know how to play against LostGar are going to draw fewer than that. This has hampered my progress before and there's no way to play around it unless you can force cards in their hand. Spiritomb forces them to draw 6, usually granting ~2 pokemon.

The problem with running starters like that is that they do take up a lot of bench space, which is in short supply in this deck. Usually when I'm playing a game my bench will have an Uxie (or Uxie Lv. X), a Mr. Mime, a spare Gastly depending on the situation, maybe an Azelf and maybe my Palkia, probably my spiritomb.... That's already more space on the bench than I have. I've taken my Sableye's out and I still get Gengar active on turn 2 most of the time with running 4 Rare Candies. Maybe I just get lucky lol.

Dialga G is not a problem. I don't want to attack with Gengar Prime, so I don't need his body. This deck HAS to be speed so spiritomb would slow it, and I like smeargle very much. No need having 2-2 Palkia G L.X and Honchkrow is for countering mirror. With 4 Twins I don't need Honchkrow G, it's useless. I don't need BTS so much. I already have tested with mismagius and jirachi, and I don't like it. I don't like the Regice idea. Yes Smeargle is my starter. I am going to take out 1 Twins for 1 more Smeargle. 4 Collectors is too much, the only deck that runs 4 is Jumpluff and sometimes Vilegar or Charizard.
This deck is being very quick, so I am not worried about speed. I have Honchkrow to counter Gyarados to, because I seeker/Honchkrow and I kill Magikarp and send it to the lost zone with cursed drop from Gengar Prime. Easy win.

he's saying Dialga is a problem because Dialga can use Deafen for the match, which both Trainer and Stadium locks you. It slows down your deck considerably and makes it so you can't play Lost World. It is actually a major threat to this deck.

I don't think I need it. Thay will have to stop, they won't kill me attacking with 10/30 damage per turn.

not to be mean but you have denied all to most of our help im telling you safety HorribleGhost is also helping and telling you whats wrong we are giving you as much as we can also spiritomb aint slowing you much its just locking trainers for small time and helping you evolve and twins say if your opponent has less prizes so you would have to be losing honchkrow is slowing you down as well it has DCC and its not sp also 2-2 palkia means better and faster zoning like i said im not trying to be mean but if you dont want our help just tell us

This deck will be most of the time losing, because it doesn't take prizes. Twins is very good. I will ONLY play Palkia G L.X in the turn I am going to win, I don't want to use in the middle of the game. I have already tested with Spiritomb, my first list had it, and it's more slow than smeargle. Maybe I take out Honchkrow SV and put a Blaziken FB, against Dialga. What do you think?

Back