• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

LostGar (1st Place Battle Roads)

wiggledog

Deoxys Fanatic
Hi everybody! This is my first ever deck post, and am very excited to share information about this deck with everyone at Pokebeach.

How to play:

LostGar is a deck based around using Gengar Prime to hurl your opponents Pokemon into the lost zone. Once 6 Pokemon are in the lost zone, you may choose to win the game when you play down a Lost World Stadium Card. This deck was insanely overhyped with the release of Call Of Legends, and now is as important as Umbreon Prime :(!!!

These are the cards in the deck:

Pokemon (18)

4-2-4 Gengar Prime (HGSS Triumphant)
2 Spiritomb (Triumphant)
4 Mime Jr (CoL)
2 Mr Mime (CoL)

Energy: (16)

12 {P} Energy
4 {C} Rescue Energy

Trainers, Supporters & Stadiums (23):

4 Lost World
4 Seeker
3 Pokemon Catcher
4 Twins
4 Collector
2 Prof. Juniper
4 Cheren
4 Rare Candy
Stradegy:

Start off with either a Gastly or a Mime Jr.
Gastly: Start your turn by trying to fill your bench with gastly, one Mr Mime and possibly a Mime Jr. Either Slowly or quickly build up a Gengar Prime. Try to play Lost World early on, and get those energies attached to your Gengar Primes.
Mime Jr: Stall for time by using Mime Jr's Sleepy Lost. Build up your main Pokemon and then use twins and other supporters.
Bad Start: You will easily lose with a spiritomb start :(

i think mewgar would be a better/faster choice as you are able to hurl a gengar first turn, and it allows the use of twins early on

As a fellow LostGar player, I'll help you out with your deck. I have tried so many different variations until I created my current one.

First off, you seem to have the right idea in your head. But your deck could go one of two ways. Speed MewGar or the slowking/mime jr variant of LostGar. The Speed MewGar is the one I would recomend to get you in the right derection. The other works but in our current format is just too slow and is not as great due to the release of pokemon catcher. Here is what you should do to your current deck:

Take Out: 16
1 Gastly
1 Spiritomb
1 Mr. Mime
4 Mime Jr
2 Lost World
2 Juniper
2 Cheren
2 Psychic Energy
2 Rescue Energy

Put In: 16
4 Mew
1 Jirachi
2 Rare Candy
2 Evolite
2 PONT
4 Communication
2 Junk Arm

The reasons for above is this: Mew is FAST and Consistant. Yes with Mime Jr you can start lost zoning from T1, but not being able to know what is under there will just make it a game of luck and hurt you. The Slowking variant changes this, but again with catcher speed and consistency. is much more important. With the lowered amount of basics other than Mew, chances are that you will start with a Mew in your opening hand. You see off the extra Gengar Prime T1, and T2 you can already start using his Hurl Into Darkness. Because Mew is a basic, he gets support from Evolite and makes him last that much longer. And from here you continue to build your Gengar line on your bench while an army of Mew Primes lost zones things for you.

Jirachi is mainly there to retrieve lost energy, which you can seeker him back into your hand, but has a nice attack that allows you to de-evolve pokemon, which can help because of the popularity of Rare Candy. that said, you need rare candies of your own for a faster Gengar set up. Collector is there to get you your basics fast, and a heavy line means you might start with one T1. They are better than a heavy line of Cheren. Communication allows for a fast set up as well and is a staple in every deck. Junk arm is also there to get you back lost trainers that you may need later, such as catcher. PONT and Cheren are better than Juniper and Sage's for this deck because you can not discard essentials.

You are probably wondering why I took out some of the other cards. Basically for consistency and to fit in more important cards. Because one Gengar is becoming Lost Zoned, you only need 3 Gastlys. Mr. Mime and Spiritomb are horrible cards to start with, so their line is lowered so you might never start with them. You also risk them being prized, but they honestly only play as a small roll and are major catcher bait, so it is not terrible to have one prized. Also for a deck that does not use much energy, you do not need so much. 10 Psychic and 2 Rescue are more than enough.

The strategy? ASAP get Mew Prime to See Off a Gengar Prime, so you can use his Hurl Into Darkness. Turns after that keep a constant attack of Mews Hurling while you get your set up. When the opponent is just OHKOing Mew Prime, bring out your Gengar Prime and go on from there. Try and remember though, use Curse Drop to KO babies and such ONLY as Gengar Prime, for when only Gengar is active will those KOed go into the Lost Zone. As you know, use Spiritomb to refresh their hand, and Mr. Mime to see their hand. Jirachi gets you lost energy. Seeker either Spiritomb, Jirachi, or an injured Mew then Hurl the pokemon they picked up. With your Twins line im sure you know you will always be behind in prizes. At some point later in the match, Twins for your Lost World.

I know I wrote a wall of text here, but this is the best place for you to start if you want to build a LostGar deck. I started just a couple moths ago and this is about where I started. Also if you do not have most of these cards dont worry, just make proxies. My first deck was filled with Proxies until I traded for everything I needed. As you play you will find out what works for you and what doesnt work and eventually you will build a strategy of your own and have an entirely different deck. My current LostGar doesnt even run Mr. Mime, Spiritomb, Mime Jr, Slowking, nor Mew! But that is my variation that came from months of testing.

Nice help! Hopefully that will get ya there. Wondering what your current build of gengar is?

-4 Psychic Energy (You're not going to be attacking at a high energy cost, anyways)
-2 Dual Ball (You play Collector for this)
-4 Mime Jr.
-1 Mr.Mime (You only really need one)
-1 Spiritomb TR
-1 Twins
-3 Cheren
-2 Lost World (For Consistency)
-2 Seeker (For Consistency)

+4 Mew Prime (Easier to set up than Gengar, better at lost-zoning than Mime Jr)
+1 Jirachi (Used to recover energy)
+3 Rare Candy (To set up Gengar fast)
+2 Eviolite (For Mew Prime)
+3 Pokemon Communication (A Must for every deck. Great for setting up)
+2 PONT (A must in this format)

Back