Lost World CL

shaymindude

"Insert Funny Subtitle Here"
81-lost-world.jpg

When I saw this, I saw a lot of new strategies come along. Obviously this card is not
established since the only people who own this card right now are people who went
to a PreRelease. Post combinations to this card in this thread.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=92126
This is it for now. There have been a couple ideas other than this, but no established ones... LostGar IS Japan's meta (to an extent).

Other combos may include Lost World with Mime Jr. to send the top card to the lost zone and you go to sleep. You dont take any damage unless you wake up and it you get KO'd then you just bring it back with pokemon rescue/ rescue energy/Palmers

they need to make a pokemon that if they are active no stadiums can be played...that would balance the meta more. even if not it would just destroy lostgar.

I'm going to keep this thread open to discuss any other combos with Lost World. However, if this thread becomes a Lostgar discussion thread, I'm locking this thread.

Mime Jr.'s awful. Sorry. It just is. It has 30 HP, and the ONLY way you won't be OHKO'd is if you manage to stay asleep until your turn. That makes a 25% chance of even attacking the next turn without your opponent being able to. Now, most decks run about 20 Pokémon. About. So every time you attack, you have about a 30% chance of LZing a Pokémon. That means about a 7.5% chance of LZing a Pokémon without your opponent attacking Mime Jr., which will surely be OHKO'd. Besides, they can also snipe, Luring Flame, Bright Look, Reversal, Circulation, Warp Point, Cyclone Energy, etc. into another Pokémon. Mime Jr. was mediocre even for a Prerelease, and definitely is not a viable way of winning.

I don't think Lost World+Mime Jr. is such a bad combo. It definitely wouldn't make an amazing deck, but combined with Slowking HS or Chatot G you can put a pokemon on the top of your opponent's deck and send it straight to the lost zone. Mime Jr. is still very easy to knockout even if it is asleep, but you could probably start sending pokemon to the lost zone T1, and after Mime Jr. gets knocked you just send out another so recovery wouldn't be hard. Though the deck definitely has flaws so I wouldn't really recommend it.

slowking is proving to be a good tech in any Lost___. i also like the name LostMime rofl. i kind of like this deck. you can put a pokemon on top of the deck and then like an energy next so they get a bad draw...and just collector for 3 mimes. i like it.

I'm guessing Absol G, since it also puts cards from the top of your opponent's deck with its Lv. X's power. I wanted to do a deck like that one time; some sort of Sablock variant using Absol G to lost zone what they really needed. Never got around to doing it though, maybe now I will since LW is out.

Besides what has been mentioned, you can use it with a few other cards too:

~Zangoose CoL. Its second attack does 30 for CCC, and you remove from play 1 random card from your opponent's hand. Of course, there's no telling whether it's a Pokemon...
~Palkia G LV.X. Definitely a better option, if your opponent has a large bench you can remove 1 or 2 of them from play; if they are evolved Pokemon (but they most likely won't be), that will rack up Lost World's count faster.
~Giratina LV.X. Darkness Lost has a PPCC cost and it hits everything your opponent controls for 30, plus removes from play whatever it knocks out. Run in a spread deck (possibly with Dusknoir LV.X), you can satisfy the cost for Lost World very quickly. The thing is that Giratina LV.X is a bit of a pain to set up, and might require a Dusknoir to die first.

yes, absol g.. since mime is so frail, i figure it needs a little help lz'ing cards soon. I need to get 4 and then finish with palkia

you have time to set up giratina while dusknoir. and DNA its not out of play :p its the lost zone :p

I know someone was going to say that in an attempt to look smart.
Tell me, why do you think I said "remove from play", eh?

^Yu-Gi-Oh? Lol. Anyway, I personally have no idea how well Mime jr. would work but TBH i think it's just not good enough.

-sillykyle!

^yep, LZ is the remove-from-play zone in practically every sense.

what if people start using Vileplume LA's disturbing pollen more? it's a little flippy, but if heads they can't play Lost world. or Dialga G's Deafen once you've got 5 or so pokemon in the lost zone. Vileplume's poke-power is nice too while disturbing pollen does more damage than deafen. but deafen has the advantage of no coin flip.

psyduck also does the effect of disturbing pollen for no energy, but also no damage, so it wont help you win @ all.

Back