Collecting Looking For a Good SM Set for Collecting

PokeDad924

Aspiring Trainer
So, the school year is almost up and my son has done extremely well. More than usual, even. So, i was thinking about getting him a booster box for end of year. He is trying for master sets of all SM sets, and has many Base and GRI (though no secret rares or Leles). After that, his collection falls off a bit.

Of the SM era sets, what do you consider mosy eorthy of a booster box for collecting?

In my opinion there's two options:

1) Choose a set with Pokémon in it that he likes, so that he gets more excited when he opens the packs or
2) Choose a set with a "low" amount of cards in it - Crimson Invasion has the fewest with 124, and then (I think) Forbidden Light with 146. I'm not counting Shining Legends, since there isn't any booster boxes with them, but there's "only" 78 cards there!

I'm no dad so I don't have any expertise here, but I hope I'm saying something that makes sense :)

Shining Legends is a great set for collecting but you can't buy a booster box, maybe a super premium box if you can find a good deal on one, comes with a bunch of boxes for card storage too.

I like the idea of getting a set that has what he likes. He's a big fan of Pikachu, Charizard (and the other starters), the Gen II legendaries, Gen IV Legendaries, Gen VI Legendaries (especially Yveltal and Zygarde), Greninja, and Eevolutions, and Solgaleo.

Looking at it now, Forbidden Light should be a hit, as well as Ultra Prism. Maybe Burning Shadows simply for Zard.

Back