DPPt/HGSS Look what I just bred, chained, or re-setted!

My new favorite shiny I RNGed:

Riolu(Plt)ShinySprite.png

nn: Distortion (might change name later)
Egg Recieved: Riley
Egg Hatched: Distortion World (after lots of luck in Turnback Cave and lots of walking)
Jolly @ 4/30/31/31/30/31

I'm probably not going to trade it.

I finally learned RNG abuse for chained shinies (which is actually much more simple than I thought...), and I was able to abuse for the Red Gyarados in Lake of Rage:

130.png

Lv. 30 Adamant (Male)
31/31/31/6/31/31 (HP Electric 70, even though it's not too practical on Gyarados :))

I'm rebuilding my old team from Crystal Version on HeartGold, so Gyarados is gonna be part of team just like it was back in the day. I was also able to get my SID from this part of the game, so all in all it's a huge ordeal solved for me.

I just caught an AWESOME Raquaza on Soul Silver. Here it is:

Raquaza (non shiny) caught in a Dusk ball
Gentle nature, capable of taking hits
EV's: Atk 158 Def 99 Sp. Atk 158 Sp. Def 105 Speed 112
Ability: Air lock
Rest, Air Slash, AncientPower, Outrage

Shinx107 said:
I just caught an AWESOME Raquaza on Soul Silver. Here it is:

Raquaza (non shiny) caught in a Dusk ball
Gentle nature, capable of taking hits
EV's: Atk 158 Def 99 Sp. Atk 158 Sp. Def 105 Speed 112
Ability: Air lock
Rest, Air Slash, AncientPower, Outrage

I yelled "OMG!!!" after I saw It's nature and EV's. It is my best Legendary catch ever!

Stats=/=EVs. Evs are things that you give your Pokemon in training. i guess you are referring to IVs, but you didn't post them... Also, I don't think I've ever heard of a good Gentle Rayquaza... I'm sorry if I come off as rude; I don't mean to, but I just don't understand why you are so excited. Further explanation could help a lot.

6-Dimension said:
Stats=/=EVs. Evs are things that you give your Pokemon in training. i guess you are referring to IVs, but you didn't post them... Also, I don't think I've ever heard of a good Gentle Rayquaza... I'm sorry if I come off as rude; I don't mean to, but I just don't understand why you are so excited. Further explanation could help a lot.

I don't really know the difference between EV's and IV's(could someone please explain), and every time I catch a legendary with a nature I don't already have a legendary with, I get very exited.(And no, you're not coming off as rude)

i started a new game on my HG and i soft resetted 1068 times and i got a shiny chikorita, i was angry cause my first 1 in 8000 chance shiny was a chikorita i was hoping for a totodile or cyndiquil but anywayz it is quit good now.

I just finish breeding my Crobat.
Nature:Adamant
Egg Moves:Brave Bird
IVs:30/31/29/18/27/31
Egg hatched in:National Park
Notes:I bred it with my adamant Skarmory with brave bird

Shinx107 said:
I don't really know the difference between EV's and IV's(could someone please explain), and every time I catch a legendary with a nature I don't already have a legendary with, I get very exited.(And no, you're not coming off as rude)
IVs (Individual Values) are hidden numbers that go from 0-31 in each stat. The higher the IV, the higher the stat. EVs (Effort Values) are hidden numbers that you give to your Pokemon by defeating certain Pokemon. You can only have a max of 255 EVs in a stat, and 510 altogether. Every 4 EVs in a stat is one more point in the stat at lv. 100.

Since stats are derived largely from IV's, you can reversely use your stats to find the corresponding IV's. This is done through a mathematical formula, which for the sake of convenience has been implemented into various IV Calculators you can use online. Here's a few of these calculators; some offer more complex options than others (for the purposes of finding a Pokémon's Hidden Power, exact stats, etc.), so you can choose one that suits your needs best:

http://www.legendarypokemon.net/javacalc.html / http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml
http://www.psypokes.com/dex/iv.php
http://old.veekun.com/dex/calculators/iv
http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

It's worth noting though that exact IV's can't be guaranteed until the Pokémon is at level 100. Otherwise, the calculator will output a range of possible IV's, decreasing in possibilities as the Pokémon levels up, which should give you a good idea of whether or not you see the respective stat(s) as viable (even at level 100 you'll sometimes end up with a 50/50 range, though this can be easily remedied with EV investment). Also, to accurately calculate an IV, you'll need to know if there have been any EV's invested in the corresponding stat, if any.

Metalkid's can be used without being lv. 100. If you use a really big range of Candies without EVs, like 35, you can get exact.

Bluesummers said:
My new favorite shiny I RNGed:

Riolu(Plt)ShinySprite.png

nn: Distortion (might change name later)
Egg Recieved: Riley
Egg Hatched: Distortion World (after lots of luck in Turnback Cave and lots of walking)
Jolly @ 4/30/31/31/30/31

I'm probably not going to trade it.

That things a freaking beast.

I resetted my black once and I got a female Tsuaja (spelling?) I know it's only 1:7 so it's not That rare..but I usually have good luck with getting fem starters on the first try (Bulbaur LF, Chimchar Pearl, Chickorita HG)

@ Gary Walsh

I'm kind of a noob at even Caring about natures/evs/ivs etc. if a pokemon has 0 evs invested and does a wifi battle @ level 100, you could use Those stats to figure out the exact ivs of the pokemon right? (or use other unnatural methods such as AR) also..is there a short, condensed way to explain preferential breeding of ivs for at least 1-2 stats. also how do I selectively pass natures onto baby pokemon? I know it can be done but I'm not sure on the specifics..please PM me with an answer or just respond on here..whichever works for you

I found a shiny Eevee on my FireRed, and traded it to Ruby, then transfered it to SS. I evolved it into Vaporeon. I'll put it up for trade if anyone wants it. Oh yeah, it's at Lv. 12.

mlouden03 said:
I resetted my black once and I got a female Tsuaja (spelling?) I know it's only 1:7 so it's not That rare..but I usually have good luck with getting fem starters on the first try (Bulbaur LF, Chimchar Pearl, Chickorita HG)

@ Gary Walsh

I'm kind of a noob at even Caring about natures/evs/ivs etc. if a pokemon has 0 evs invested and does a wifi battle @ level 100, you could use Those stats to figure out the exact ivs of the pokemon right? (or use other unnatural methods such as AR) also..is there a short, condensed way to explain preferential breeding of ivs for at least 1-2 stats. also how do I selectively pass natures onto baby pokemon? I know it can be done but I'm not sure on the specifics..please PM me with an answer or just respond on here..whichever works for you

Yep, you're exactly right with the Wi-Fi "IV Battle" concept; of course if you knew how many EV's were invested in a particular stat you could factor those into the equation as well. However, I should add that an easier offline alternative to this would be to use an advanced IV calculator such as MetalKid's. The calculator allows for the input of stats/EP at multiple levels (you can add up to 20 rows), and by tracking the progression of the stats it can come to a more precise reading on the corresponding IV's at lower levels (usually exact IV's around Lv. 35-40 at least).

With the whole breeding thing, I don't know which game you're playing, but in HGSS you can ensure the inheritance of a particular IV through the use of a Power Item, whereas in all games since Emerald, natures can be passed down at a 50% inheritance rate by equipping an Everstone to the female or a Ditto left in the Daycare Center (or a male Pokémon as well in HGSS). It'd be a bit of a longer explanation about how this information is passed down, but luckily there's a ton of resources you can take a look at -- here's some I've found incredibly helpful in the past:

-Basic Guide
-Advanced Guide

This should get you started in the right direction :)...

...I also felt like I had to commemorate 10/10/10 by getting a Pokémon for some reason, so I finally decided to do the Riolu mission in Pokémon Ranger SoA, and came up with this guy:

447.gif
Lv. 30 - male
Serious nature
31/31/31/30/31/31 (Thank you PikaTimer, haha!)

Looking forward to training him tomorrow hopefully...

Well, I was SR for a Shiny Suicune at my friends house a month or so ago, got a good 900 SR's in, so today I was sitting around all bored, and I decided to start SRing again. Shiny Suicune after 3 resets, I thought my game was lying to me, but it wasn't. I Master Balled it, here are the stats.

HP 136
Attack 78
Defense 100
Sp.Attack 85
Sp. Def 94
Speed 73
And it is a Naughty nature.

Why would you want an Adamant Abra?

I randomly found a shiny Graveler in Victory Road on Diamond during a Nuzlocke run. I still had my master ball, so I caught it. Don't have the nature or stats on me though.

I bred an Impish 31/30/31/8/30/28 female Hippowdon. I was so excited because it took me a whole week to finally get one with good IVs (although I wanted a male; BTW the 8 is for SpA for those of you who can't count and the SpA is already pitiful on Hippowdon, so that really doesn't matter)

Back