Lock Ideas

ashtavakra

Overlord
I am trying to think of active lock deck ideas.
So far, Gothitelle EP & Jellicent BC are the best I can come up with.

Active Gothitelle, benched & stack as many Jellicent as you can to up the count of retreat
so they can't switch and it would be incredibly difficult for them to retreat with the added retreat bonuses. Those 2 paired with Virbrink & Laser?

Any ideas to add?

What is the point of that anyway? While you set up useless Jellicents they give Energy to their Pokémon and proceed to KO your Pokémon.

Not to mention that most decks play Switches and Keldeo has Rush In.

Teal said:
What is the point of that anyway? While you set up useless Jellicents they give Energy to their Pokémon and proceed to KO your Pokémon.

They die to poison from Virbank/Hypno lazer. Switch won't work because of Gothitelle's item lock. Keldeo however, defeats this strategy.

A deck I'd like to try is Gliscor/Garbador (to stop pesky Keldeo from saving them). Gliscor can retreat lock and poison at once. It's not that great now, but once Virbank gym comes out, it will be more deadly. It will get even better once we get Ghestis to destroy their items (and potential switch/escape rope).

pokedan24 said:
Teal said:

They die to poison from Virbank/Hypno lazer. Switch won't work because of Gothitelle's item lock.
Except that Gothitelle is easily KO'd if not with the "current bad active" then at least with the next active. :C One prize won't get you far.

like i said, it was just an idea.

im not going to play it at the next states cool your jets kiddos

I Idea I had was Snorlax fr4om Plasma Gale. The defending pokemon can not retreat while he is active. That might work with something iDK. I thought about pairing it with HTL and Virbank and then Ninetails to get the right guy to stall with and then it would be a good attacker especially against the new Klinklang Plasma Steel. Just an idea

Back