BW/BW2 Location of Isshu (region)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mechanos7 said:
Note, I do not take credit for these; I am simply posting them here as it was majorly overlooked in the corocoro thread. Both are made by FlyScorpion and were found by him.
isshu-nyc.png
nyc-isshu.png

First off, central park, second, the rivers curve exactly as the rivers in isshu does. It seems rather perfect to not be long island, and if its not, I will be rather surprised.

This is actually very convincing.

benny said:
This is actually very convincing.

Yeah, it was a shame that it was overlooked in the corocoro thread.

And to add to the facts, take a closer look at lower Manhattan;
southmanhatten.png

Notice the docks, which are all made out of stone, some of them even have stone paths on them; identical to the docks in Hiun.

Edit: Another thing thats noticeable is the roads running down the whole riverside of it, just like Hiun also.

You're right. I think this is a lot more convincing than just a big bridge.
Plus, they did say it was far away so it would make sense.
I'm sold on it being Long Island.

I have been shown, who is the boss.

Thankfully some images came in... I will say that there are a few damn close bits... A very random place to choose though...

Generation 1 and 3 were linked, and 2 and 4 were linked. So this may mean, Generation 5 will be a standalone game, for the time being. Until Generation 7, which will somehow be linked with Generation 5 in the same way as the above. Also, this 'far away' place could be somewhere not related to OUR world; it could be a fictional place from the Pokemon universe. It also opens many different capabilities; will there be mountains? Will there be an ocean for us to traverse? We'll have to wait; but I'm thinking this is a new duo of games to link with.

Hmmm idk if it will be New York...id be something different and certainly would open a lot of possibilities to the genre and we would certainly have a massive amount of generations. The pic is convincing BUT I still don't buy it.

Hmmmm.....If it is possibly based off of the U.S.A.(which I think it is)that means that Isshu is larger than Sinnoh!

Imagin if you can, that the area is just made up from scratch, not based on a particular place. I know how craaaaazy it must sound.....

Dustin said:
Hmmmm...If it is possibly based off of the U.S.A.(which I think it is)that means that Isshu is larger than Sinnoh!
Look at the Isshu map. It's based on a small part of the US (probably).

The aerial screenshots of part of New York is making me thing it is part of the USA and not a part of Asia.

Jhawley said:
Imagin if you can, that the area is just made up from scratch, not based on a particular place. I know how craaaaazy it must sound...

This.

Ok, so obviously it is roughly based off of *somewhere*, but that doesn't matter at all to how the game will be. The only way GF bases their regions off of real-world places is their shape. Nothing else whatsoever. The rest of this place that we don't see in the current pics could be a volcanic wasteland for all we know, because even if it is based off of the shape of New York or any other place, it will not be based off of its environment.

So get off it. Go home, love your wife, play catch with your kids for once. Then afterwards, tell me if it really matters, other than to extremely jingoistic individuals.

(And I'm sure there are other people here on the forums from South America, etc. who could claim the same thing but aren't)

I get tired of hearing that the region is based of of NY solely on the fact that Isshu is reportedly "far away". For those that don't know, or cannot remember, Hoenn was described as "far away" as well. Gamefreak and their creative licenses allow them to take a region of Japan, depict it any way they see fit, and put it any place on the globe. As many have stated before, The pokemon universe does not follow the logic of our own. This explains why the Sinnoh and Hoenn regions are not connected to the other regions. (Yet this begs the question, if the pokemon regions are not aligned similarly to Japan, how in the world is Lt. Surge called an American? Alternate universe?)

I seriously doubt these games will be based off of the US, in fact I would pretty much bet a whole weeks pay that it isn't. The chances of it actually happening are slim to none. There are just to many regions left open in Japan that could host a new region. (It it turns out I am wrong I will eat crow for it).

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
I get tired of hearing that the region is based of of NY solely on the fact that Isshu is reportedly "far away".

stop putting words in our mouth! we think it is based off of new york because of how it looks

*sigh*

Does it really matter where it is based off of? It certainly won't change the gameplay at all for us, aside from the usual trolls who may remark in-thread, "Ha I'm American and I'm playing in a region based off of America I'm so cool".

Or something to that extent.

But please, I'm sure they'll show us the full map either next issue (please please please) or the one after that. If not, then we'll have to wait for its Japanese release. Either way, we'll find out eventually. Cool your britches and think of happy thoughts.

TheDarkLucario said:
Business men- Japan is a very busy place.
Baseball caps- Baseball is the most popular sport in Japan.
Skimpy clothing- So you have to live in the USA to wear skimpy clothing?
Food Stand- Really?
Big city- -_- ...I'm not even going to bother explain that one.

well considering they also have black folks, american football players, pigs, pigeons, and war eagles, the victory pokemon that can be accessed with the liberty ticket, imma take a wild guess with america i mean its kinda not much more hints u can get

You know... other places in the world also got black people, football players, pigs, pigeons and eagles.... and it would be stupid and REALLY weird if they only based an region of... a city Oo

You know, the rules ask that you don't post in threads that haven't been replied to for at least two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back