Discussion Little quirks that you do

For some reason, unless it's a specific strategy that calls for otherwise (VikaBulu), my decks tend to end up with 8 basic of one type and 4 DCE in their lineup. Dunno why, that's just how it is.

For some reason, unless it's a specific strategy that calls for otherwise (VikaBulu), my decks tend to end up with 8 basic of one type and 4 DCE in their lineup. Dunno why, that's just how it is.
I saw most lists run something like this set up. Though recent times have changed it to either completely special energy or just around 2 Basic. Once again assuming it fits the deck (Metagross and VikaBulu don't use this obviously)

I riffle-shuffle like a chicken. I'll lean in to ruffle the cards, and when I bridge them, I pull my head back. I also shuffle really quickly, so in action it either looks like a chicken or Glen Quagmire.

I refuse to riffle shuffle my cards (partially because I am horrible at it). My preferred technique is the solitaire method.

A guy that runs the shop that does some of our bigger league cups showed us a video about how to riffle shuffle without bending the cards into the wild blue yonder. I'll have to try and find it again, since it seems like it could be time for my one relevant and helpful post for the year.

As far a quirks, I refuse to play full arts or rainbow rares in my deck. No mons that aren't regular arts, everything else is either reverse holo or just regular holo. Absolutely no expensive cards that aren't that named tapu lele.

A guy that runs the shop that does some of our bigger league cups showed us a video about how to riffle shuffle without bending the cards into the wild blue yonder. I'll have to try and find it again, since it seems like it could be time for my one relevant and helpful post for the year.

As far a quirks, I refuse to play full arts or rainbow rares in my deck. No mons that aren't regular arts, everything else is either reverse holo or just regular holo. Absolutely no expensive cards that aren't that named tapu lele.
I refuse to play anything not shiny if I can help it. But my Rainbow Leles certainly aren't worth 65 dollars though :p
I want to see this XD
I might record myself doing it at league on Thursday. Every player at my league picks on me for it.

I always try to throw in at least one FA trainer in my decks when I can. When I played Metagross, I had FA Steven as a good luck charm :p
(He’s my favorite champion)

I always play terrible decks at big tournaments. And I'm proud of it.
Eg. Gengar BKT/Latios SLG, Gallade BKT, Golduck SUM/Starmie EVO and of course my beloved Lunala GX toolbox.
Gengar, Koko, Epspeon, Zoroark. I'm tellin ya man...

If there's a deck I'm interested in playing, I'll try to build & play it online first before building and playing it in real life. That's what I'm currently doing with a CFTC deck I found, and I'm enjoying it so far!

whenever I shuffle I drop the cards from about an inch above the table to loosen the deck up, it does help with shuffling tho...

+1 to not using different rarities for the same cards. I like my decks to be nice and uniform. I also love full arts but I refuse to use rainbow rares. They look nice but a field full of them makes them all look the same, especially online. I don't like mousing over each card and I'm sure you don't either.

I also don't like playing decks in paper that I don't have online. If I don't have the cards online then I can't practice whenever I want.

Back