Life without the Pixies Say bye to Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit

not true. donphan needs only one energy so does kingdra prime. Yanmega Prime can attack for free. Jumpluff needs only one energy. I do believe that they will bring back set up and so on. They most broken thing they did was allow you to play trainers on your first turn. Donks will still happen there is no way around it

Calling Professor Juniper a replacement for draw power is like spitting on Uxie's grave. I'm just going to leave it at that.

Maybe someday these cards will be reprinted, that would be wicked, I've been saying for about a year that I would cry my eyes out when Mesprit gets rotated... I was right.

I'm sad mesprit and azelf are going to go, but I'm stoked to see uxie go. I hated playing against people with uxie. people with mesprit or azelf was ok because I never saw them as being too powerful.

I think the alph lith will work great to replace azelf (that's actually what I was planning on doing...) but rotom would probably only work in an electric deck. trying to manage an electric energy in a non-electric deck would be too much work for what rotom could do, other than as a sacrifice for twins after getting what you want from your prize cards.

Both PONT and Juniper would work well to replace uxie. both are supporters which is a bummer, but they'll do fine. I think which one you choose to put in your deck (or both) would just depend on your play style.

I remember a pokemon that stops the opponent's ability to use a pokepower like mesprit but I can't think of it for the life of me and I don't have a couple of hours to burn looking for it right now.

How are donks still going to happen? Just because you can play trainers on the first turn doesn't mean you can evolve.

GHJamesGH has a point, donks are dead, and please don't say anything about Zekrom, the idea of that thing donking is laughable.

@ Shiny Shinx: Shuckle Promo can get some draw in, but it is much more trouble than it is worth.

Vulpix Yolk said:
GHJamesGH has a point, donks are dead, and please don't say anything about Zekrom, the idea of that thing donking is laughable.

@ Shiny Shinx: Shuckle Promo can get some draw in, but it is much more trouble than it is worth.

Your right it is impossible to donk with Zekrom. I mean you would need parichisu a shaymin UL and at least 3 energy in hand. Or if you can not get the energy you could IQ for them. You could use duel ball to get the pokemon if you dont have them. But you are right it is impossible to donk like that

Tiftonhotchild said:
Vulpix Yolk said:

Your right it is impossible to donk with Zekrom. I mean you would need parichisu a shaymin UL and at least 3 energy in hand. Or if you can not get the energy you could IQ for them. You could use duel ball to get the pokemon if you don't have them. But you are right it is impossible to donk like that

Im sad to say but my best Friend plays Zekrom and I play TeTar and out of a 15 match day 12 matches consisted of me losing turn one to Zekrom donk and that was with me having a smergal active and a Larvatar on the Bench. If played right Zekrom can be a turn one donk and its actully not as hard as you think, duel ball for either Pachi shamin or Unown Dark, play dark energy for the turn then pachic with two evergy and shamin and If you cant do that you can always Juniper or PONT and get what ever else you need. I know a lot of people dont think that its possible but trust me for experience its happens way to much in my opinion

there are lots of ways to make Zekrom donk work. super fat energy lines (35 or so) then 4 zekroms, 3 shaymin, 3 pachi, 3 PONT, 3 Juniper, 4 energy search, then some energy restore and junk arms, dual balls, collector, etc.

then you have a whole combo of possibilities, if you can trainer into the needed stuff, awesome. other wise just juniper and you should be set.

Redsteal is pretty spot on with how crazy zekdonk is gonna be.

and, the Mesprint "replacement" is this one: Psychic Lock.

Rotom+Alph will be hard to run, since you will most likely need to run 2 alphs, which are also expensive, and rotom will probably need 2 slots, taking up a total of 4 cards in your deck. I say we just don't need it if we can't get it as easy as we could.

Copycat will get more play with Yanmega Prime variants.

Grumpig should not be considered as a Mesprit replacement. Mesprit could lock Poke Powers as a Poke Power, and is also a Basic Pokemon. You can just Collector it out and lock Powers instantly. Grumpig wastes your attack, and the amount of damage is does isn't worth it.

it's worth it against blastigatr. But that's it. It's the only thing HS-on (that I've seen) other than umbreon and ERL that has a negative effect on pokepowers. And grumpig is the only one that locks them.

Grumpig isn't a decent tech. Against Blastgatr, they return two Water Energy back into their hand after sniping. So Grumpig locks Feraligatr or Floatzel (whatever you're running), while doing only 20 damage per hit. Next turn, you attach to Gatr and pass. Then you're forced to do either 20 damage or break the lock and attack Blastoise with some other Pokemon. No matter what you do next turn, Blastoise will be able to snipe Grumping/whatever. Even if Blastgatr is scared of Grumping, they'll just snipe Spoink before it's able to evolve. Against Zekrom, since you can't get the T1 Power lock, they'll be able to setup all of the needed Energy on to Zekrom before your can start locking.

Grumpig as a deck, on the other hand, is worse. You do better against Zekrom, but lose to everything else.

if they use a DCE (which I've always seen in a blastigatr build) lost remover the DCE, and you can stall for a while longer. Potentially stalling for 3 turns. But it still sux. I was simply stating that it's the only HS-on that I've seen to power lock

You really can not comepare a Stage 1 pokemon attack to a basic come in to play poke power. That's like comparing Nasty Plot Zoaroak first attack to Pidgeot from FRLG poke power.

Uxie replacement: Any good Supporter / Ninetales HGSS / Noctowl

Azelf replacement: Rotom + Alph Lithograph. But if you REALLY need to know what your prizes are, just use a searching card. If you know every card in your deck (which you should, you're playing the deck), then you should know what's in your prizes.

Mesprit: Not sure

Tiftonhotchild said:
parmcat said:
Isn't PONT a better choice then Juniper? Pont shuffles your hand, while Juniper makes you discard.

Copycat might get some play though

The cards do different things why would you want to shuffle in a pokemon collector or some other support that you will not have a use for late game.

because you never know when you will need a card like collector to save you from something that might have crippled your active party (active and bench). Don't come to the conclusion that some cards are worthless late game.

As for oak vs juniper I think they both are good. But i feel new theory is safer to use overall. but juniper promises you a batch of new 7 cards.

honestly play what you feel you are most comfy with. 1 only or both. i personally say both are good, in there own unique way.

Tyraniking said:
Guys, think for a minute. WHY would they reprint Uxie in a first turn trainer format? Exactly. And they never DID reprint Claydol, Roseanne's, or Unown G. Uxie's gonna make Zekrom unbeatable, no doubt.

I'm with James on this one. We'll just have to go back to using bulky energy lines, 3-4 Smeargle, and lots of draw supporters. I mean, we'll finally be able to use the full 30 minutes.
This.
All of this.

Also, Juniper isn't that similar to Uxie.

Back