Liepard from Black & White (#67) [5/11]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
cotdcopy.png

67-liepard.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. Analyze the stats of the card (HP, Weakness, Resistance, Retreat cost).
2. Analyze the attacks (and/or Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies, Abilities) of the card.
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. What techs can you use to combat the weak points?
5. How's the artwork?
6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

Posts MUST be more than one sentence long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted.

1. 80 HP is decent... Weakness to fighting will hurt against Donphan resistance to psychic is nice and a 1 star retreat cost is decent.
2. Taunt is good, drags up bench sitters like Emboar and Others. Sucker punch can get a great boost from SP Darkness or can quickly attack with DCE. Its somewhat of a weak attack unfortunately.
3. You can combo with energy exchangers to get the SP.Dark fast or Unown (Dark).
4. Combo with other dark pokemon.
5. Artwork is great, very simple and refined.
6. Id give it a 2.5/5, its not the best card, but its not the worst.

1. 80 HP is typical for a stage 1, but still not great, and 2x fighting weakness makes it a bit fragile, but the retreat cost is great.
2.taunt is great, it's gust of win, only you can use it over and over again. sucker punch is better, an almost guaranteed 60 damage for 2 energies is fantastic. unless you are using this in a normal type deck, I feel that the attacks are definitely worth the fragility of it.
3. I can't really think of any good combos for this, besides maybe an energy search to get dark type energies on it.
4. an expert belt would definitely help, bringing the hp up to 100, very good for a stage 1, and (If you are not playing in a tournament) a Lucario lv. x would definitely even the playing field weakness-wise.
5. it's good, but it's a little boring. 3/5
6. overall, I give this card a 4/5. its attacks are definitely better than average, despite the high weakness and low HP.

I don't have time for a full rate this time; It's health is low, it's weakness is bad, its retreat is 1 (why not 0?)

The only redeeming quality of this card is Taunt. It allows you to constantly pull up your opponents Emboars, Feraligatrs, Reuniclus', pokemon with no energy, etc.

I'll give it a 2/5. It's useable, but still bad. The artwork is below average; it doesn't show why Liepard should be a dark type at all.

Taunt isn't even that good against Reshiboar or Magneboar in my opinion. Dragging out Emboar is the obvious choice, but theoretically, if Emboar absolutely had to, it could Heat Crash FTK, and Infeno Fandango with Retrieval/Fisherman/Whatever makes Taunt more of a nuisance than a threat.

I'm saying 3 and only 3/5.

Back