Wi-Fi Trades Let's Duplicate in XY! This is a trading thread, btw.

Queen Sylveon

夜明け前 吹き荒れた風は何の前触れ?
I'll explain what I mean.
Below is the instructions for how to duplicate Pokemon in XY. In this thread you can share Friend Codes and agree on Pokemon to duplicate with. This is a useful way to have more than one legendary. I've found some uses for duplicates:
  • GTS
  • Battle Spot
  • Wonder Trade
  • Pokedex
  • Pokemon-Amie
  • Any other reason you would use it!
Have fun duplicating, and don't forget to say and Pokemon you've duplicated so far! Me? 2, but it works!

Things you need:
  • 2 3DSs
  • A sacrifice Pokemon you will never see again
  • The Pokemon you want to duplicate
  • Time, patience, a person to duplicate with, and knowledge of the fact this is a hard process.
Letters like these are instructions for the person who originally had the bad Pokemon.
LETTERS LIKE THESE ARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PERSON WHO ORIGINALLY HAD THE POKEMON YOU ARE DUPLICATING.
Letters Like These Are Instructions For Both People.

The person with the bad Pokemon starts the trade.
THE PERSON WITH THE GOOD POKEMON ACCEPTS THE TRADE.
Proceed Trade Normally.
AFTER YOU GET THE POKEMON, A SCREEN WILL POP UP SAYING "CONNECTING, PLEASE WAIT...". APPROXIMATELY 4 SECONDS AFTER THIS SCREEN POPS UP, TURN OFF YOUR 3DS. MAKE SURE YOU SAVED YOUR GAME BEFORE THE TRADE. In Fact, Make Sure You Both Save Your Game Before You Start The Trade.
A black screen should pop up saying there has been connection problems. If the screen is white and has an OK option, it definitely didn't work. But even if it was a black screen, it still may not have worked.
Repeat Process Until Duplication Is Successful. Also Note The Sacrifice Pokemon Will No Longer Exist, Replaced With The Duplicate.

Have a great time duplicating!
P.S. Items are duplicated along with the Pokemon.

RE: Duplicating Pokemon With Each Other in XY!

I have a Xerneas I want to duplicate, and a Mesprit. Anyone up for that? My FC is 2208-6188-1487. I also got a Moltres, and a shiny Ferroseed along with a rare Shinx. I also don't mind duplicating one of my lvl 1 Marills with good moves like Belly Drum. Anyone agree for any one of these? I also have my Blakizen with its Blazikenite.
I'm only have Internet connection temporarily, so I may not always be available.

I could actually duplicate both for you (or you could possibly do it yourself if you have a way to export physical cartridge saves) quickly and without the need to glitch the trade. I've found (and successfully pulled off 3 times now) that you can send pokemon to Pokebank after making a save backup, then restore the backup before bringing the pokemon back off bank (just be sure you don't load/save your game outside of Bank until after restoring the backup). This works since the save ID marker is not used with physical cartridges like it is for the e-shop copies. Also, since the proper checksum is created when using Bank, the files are not deemed edited/corrupt by the game itself. This also makes it possible to clone your entire PC at once, should you move literally every pokemon off it. Note that this does NOT work with e-shop copies of the game (tested myself).

Similarly, this also works when transferring from gen 5 (if you can export those saves) since you can simply restore your gen 5 save after using the pokebank-transfer app to 'keep' your pokemon in gen 5 (possibly for a duplicate transfer later) after sending Box 1 to Bank. Pokebank doesn't really check for duplicates/clones like it was rumored to, as I even transferred an entire box of pokemon I RNGed to be perfectly identical (essentially, 30 clones but without using cheats/cloning glitches)

Back