Help Leafeon GX Deck Idea

vyolet127

Aspiring Trainer
So my Leafeon GXs have not been putting in any work; quite unfortunate if one were to have pulled a Rainbow one, and also like Leafeon a lot, hm...!!!!??!?!?!???!?!?!

But I have one more idea:
Straight Bulky Leafeon.

The premisses of the deck is to use Leafeon GX (duh) with Bodybuilding Dumbbells to make it xra Tanky. After which, a combonation of Gardenia and constantly cycling Breath of the Leaves from diferent Leafeon can keep them all alive and well!! In Addition, a single Cherrim from Plasma Era with Fair Weather Heal can top of extra health. It would be a 2 hit KO deck.
Does this sound like a good idea or no?

I mean, maybe... I can't decide if I think it's a better form of attacking Sylveon, or a worse form. You don't have to lose your energy every few turns from max potion and that means you can attack more consistently. But you also lose a lot of the slow-my-opp-down-with-control path that magical ribbon opens up.

I guess give it a try? Maybe consider a Dawn Wings to facilitate switching?

I mean, maybe... I can't decide if I think it's a better form of attacking Sylveon, or a worse form. You don't have to lose your energy every few turns from max potion and that means you can attack more consistently. But you also lose a lot of the slow-my-opp-down-with-control path that magical ribbon opens up.

I guess give it a try? Maybe consider a Dawn Wings to facilitate switching?
Oh, okay, Thanks!! And Dawn Wings is a really good idea, so thanks for that as well!!

If you are playing expanded, you can have a look at this deck list i have made.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 3 Eevee SUM 101
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Type: Null UPR 115
* 1 Type: Null CIN 89
* 2 Silvally-GX CIN 108
* 1 Flareon AOR 13
* 2 Leafeon-GX UPR 13
* 1 Jolteon AOR 26
* 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 63
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Glaceon-GX UPR 141

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 2 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 2 Winona ROS 96
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 3 Ultra Ball PLB 90
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 1 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Hau GRI 144
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Field Blower GRI 163
* 1 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 148
* 1 N NVI 101
* 2 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116
* 2 Pokémon Communication BLW 99
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 10

* 3 Water Energy 3
* 4 Double Colorless Energy XY 130
* 3 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The deck does not focus on using Grand Bloom Gx while this can also be an option. I feel like Grand Bloom is a very sub-optimal Gx attack. Second turn is usually a turn where you would much rather be attacking. Leafeon-Gx is a good backup attacker in this deck that you can use after starting off with Glaceon-Gx. The healing ability is then very useful often times and it gives you a different type to attack with.

So 1st turn you use Winona to set up (Eevee, Shaymin, Type: Null). Ideally you want to send Glaceon-Gx in the active for Freezing Gaze.

Turn 2 you can do another Winona (Silvally-Gx, Shaymin, another Eevee or Oranguru). Use Pokémon Communication, Ultra Ball, Nest Ball or Level Ball in order to find your bench supporters (Jolteon, Flareon, DW Necrozma and Silvally-Gx). If all goes as planned, you now have free retreat, ability lock from Freezing Gaze while preparing Leafeon-Gx out in order to replace Glaceon-Gx and heal it back.

I made this deck for my Girl. She likes the Eeveelution's a lot (so cute). Supporter's are not optimal since i used for this list the Full Art cards i had instead of trying to max out efficiency but you surely get the idea.

As far as Standard is concerned i feel like Leafeon-Gx could work to some extend using as you said Gardenia/Aether Paradise Conservation and such. But then you could just use a deck like Zoroark-Gx/Lucario-Gx with Acerola since it is way more consistent. I feel like pairing it with Glaceon-Gx would still be the best way to play it since Glaceon-Gx as an easier time dealing with the current meta. Focus on getting out Glaceon-Gx first turn and prepare a Leafeon-Gx as a backup attacker. Replace Winona and Shaymin with draw support Brigette and Nest Ball, etc...

I hope this helps.

It's worth a try, although I don't think Gardenia is needed. Most turns you're going to want to use a draw Supporter or Guzma. If you have two Leafeon-GX on the field you're healing 100 damage every turn anyways (assuming you're able to switch between them).

As far as the Standard format, I ran into a cool Leafon-GX deck that used Lurantis to power up Leafeon's attacks. Choice Band and two Lurantis on the bench allows Leafeon-GX to hit for 180 every turn with no drawback. Add a third Lurantis and you're hitting 200. I imagine the deck can get clunky but if you're trying to make straight Leafeon-GX work I think it's the best way to go.

I'm running Dawn Wings/Hypno BKT as a fun hax engine to support Leafeon's tankiness and it works. You just have to be on the lookout for DW's weakness to (D), which is crippling in the current meta. Otherwise, I think it works better than attacking Leafeon (w/Lurantis and Turtonator).

I'm running Dawn Wings/Hypno BKT as a fun hax engine to support Leafeon's tankiness and it works. You just have to be on the lookout for DW's weakness to (D), which is crippling in the current meta. Otherwise, I think it works better than attacking Leafeon (w/Lurantis and Turtonator).
ooh...

Back