• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Leafeon GX/Decidueye GX

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Hey everyone, here is my Leafeon GX/Decidueye GX list! Just thought that utilizing Leafeon GX with a high HP/high Damage output Pokémon would be a good idea. Using Leafeon GX to evolve each of your Rowlet for one Grass energy Turn 1 gives you the jump on your opponent. Combined with Evosoda (both are ways to get past Po Town), getting Turn 2 Decidueye GX is now possible without Rare Candy.

Pokémon*19

Eevee*2 SUM
Leafeon GX*2 USUM
Rowlet*4 SUM
Dartrix*4 SUM
Decidueye GX*4 SUM
Tapu Lele GX*2 GRI
Espeon EX*1 BKP

Trainer*29

Hala*3 GRI
N*3 FCO
Cynthia*3 ULP
Guzma*2 BUS
Brigette*3 BKT
Ultra Ball*4 SUM
Evosoda*3 GEN
Field Blower*2 GRI
Rescue Stretcher*1 GRI
Choice Band*3
Float Stone*3 BKT

Energy*11

Grass Energy*7 SUM
Double Colorless Energy*4 SUM

Some personal cards would be...Practically nothing. There wasn't a lot of room to begin with, so techs aren't really going to fit into this list. The only one would be Espeon EX, but that somewhat has to fit in here anyways.

A card I'd like to fit in would be:

Max Potion: Though it may be a draw back (by discarding energy), using it on a Decidueye GX without energy on it (since you can't use Leafeon GX's ability on it) is really powerful, especially with that 240 HP.

I haven't found a reliable option against Fire types, though Tapu Bulu GX may be an option. Let me know if you have any ideas, thanks!

Last edited:
SWEET DECK! A lot of people are saying Leafeon GX sucks, but this deck gives it some damage! I would say you can drop the evosodas and put in Max Potions or possibly Gardenia.

Wouldn't Lurantis (PRO) wield the same results but faster? It would even allow you to tech in a Turtonator-GX for lulz (and OHKOs on Golisopod-GX with a CBand).

Hi FrostBiter12,

Nice deck. Leafeon GX sure is one of the raw diamonds in this set. Personally I favor Lurantis as a partner since it requires less deck slots. There are costs and benfits to both variants.

Your deck runs 20 Pokémon which leaves three more slots. I would run one less Professor Sycamore since there is not much you can afford to discard early in the game. Also consider Hala since he has synergy with Grant Bloom GX.

Blow is a revised version. I retained the energy and Pokémon choices and modified the trainers a little to include a draw power that synergizes with Leafeon GX.

Pokémon (20):
  • 2 Leafeon GX
  • 2 Eevee SM1
  • 4 Decidueye GX
  • 4 Dartrix
  • 4 Rowlet
  • 3 Tapu Lele GX
  • 1 Espeon EX
Trainer (29):
  • 2 Bridgette
  • 4 Cynthia
  • 3 Guzma
  • 3 Hala
  • 3 N
  • 1 Rescue stretcher
  • 2 Field Blower
  • 2 Choice Band
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Evo Soda
Energy (11):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 7 Grass Energy

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Thank you for the suggestions @K-Genesis and @Dark Espeon, here are my thoughts on what both of you mentioned.

Wouldn't Lurantis (PRO) wield the same results but faster? It would even allow you to tech in a Turtonator-GX for lulz (and OHKOs on Golisopod-GX with a CBand).

You do have a good point about Lurantis (PR), I never really thought about that. With Glaceon GX releasing soon as well, maybe it would be a better play. All I would say in defense of Decidueye GX is that I can snipe damage on whoever I want during my turn. For instance, if your attacking a Pokémon with less than 110 HP, Lurantis (PR) doesn't help in any way. Where as with Decidueye GX, you can place damage counters on a different Pokémon to soften them up. Not to mention 240 HP (though it is a two-prizer) combined with Max Potion and Espeon EX (which Lurantis can't use) counter most of the meta like Zoroark GX related decks. Turtonator GX sounds cool, maybe I'll try this "Lurantis/Leafeon GX" deck as well. I'd like to see how these two decks do in comparison. Thanks for the suggestions @K-Genesis, I'll let you know how my tests go!

Hi FrostBiter12,

Nice deck. Leafeon GX sure is one of the raw diamonds in this set. Personally I favor Lurantis as a partner since it requires less deck slots. There are costs and benfits to both variants.

Your deck runs 20 Pokémon which leaves three more slots. I would run one less Professor Sycamore since there is not much you can afford to discard early in the game. Also consider Hala since he has synergy with Grant Bloom GX.

Blow is a revised version. I retained the energy and Pokémon choices and modified the trainers a little to include a draw power that synergizes with Leafeon GX.

Pokémon (20):
  • 2 Leafeon GX
  • 2 Eevee SM1
  • 4 Decidueye GX
  • 4 Dartrix
  • 4 Rowlet
  • 3 Tapu Lele GX
  • 1 Espeon EX
Trainer (29):
  • 2 Bridgette
  • 4 Cynthia
  • 3 Guzma
  • 3 Hala
  • 3 N
  • 1 Rescue stretcher
  • 2 Field Blower
  • 2 Choice Band
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Evo Soda
Energy (11):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 7 Grass Energy

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Great idea with Hala, guess I should've thought of that. Other than that, I was thinking of adding more Choice Band and Evosoda (and testing out the other version which includes Lurantis {PR}). I'll change a few cards in my (original) list (above) to fit what you have mentioned. Let me know what you think, and thanks for the suggestions @Dark Espeon!

Hi FrostBiter12,

Looks good. Personally I would cut one Bridgette for a third Guzma. Two Bridgette seem to be sufficient since the other ones will be dead cards most of the time and the deck does not tend to discard much. Another thing you could test out is to cut Evo Soda and include Nest Ball instead. With a stable nine draw supporters and the deck thinning from Grand Bloom GX the deck could draw into the required Decidueye GX without much further assistance. Nest Ball is an alternate means to fill the bench and later on serves to retrieve recycled Eeveelution pieces. This could potentially make the card less of a dead card later on. Have not tested it but it could work out. If you are interested here is my take on Leafeon Lurantis.

Last edited:
Back