• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Leafeon/Deoxys EX

Vincent Liquori

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon 17
  • 3-1-2 Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
  • 4 Eevee (Signs of Evo)
  • 1 Espeon (Shadow Ball)
  • 3 Leafeon (E-crush)
  • 2 Mr. Mime (Bench Barrier)
  • 1 Deoxys EX (FA)
Trainers
  • 1 Rock Guard
  • 4 Juniper
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 N.
  • 1 Shadow Triad
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Virbank Gym
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Espace Rope
  • 2 Hypno Laser
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Colress Machine
  • 1 Energy search
  • 3 Plasma Ball
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 1 Pokemon Communication
  • 1 Energy Retrieval
Energy 13
  • 3 Plasma need 2
  • 6 Grass
  • 4 Psychic
Strategy

I'm brand new to the game but I want to play and I wanted to build around Leafeon after looking around this is what I came up with. Any thoughts or hints?

I reformatted your deck how it is suppose to be. Please try and use the autoformatting feature in the future.~KA

You have a nice focus wanting to use leafeons energy crush, but you dont have the cards needed to get there. Youre running alot of single cards which can end up getting prized or not drawing it when you need to, and hurt your deck's consistency. IMO you can change the 3-1-2 lineup of the treecko family to 3-2-3 to improve consistency a bit, since you are running rare candy. If mr mime's only job is to prevent benched attacks, then id suggest only running 1 of them, since having 2 on the bench at the same time would be a bit of a waste. I dont know what else specifically to suggest since i dont know the exact strategy of the deck but i do know that there are alot of things that can be improved.

You have a nice focus wanting to use leafeons energy crush, but you dont have the cards needed to get there. Youre running alot of single cards which can end up getting prized or not drawing it when you need to, and hurt your deck's consistency. IMO you can change the 3-1-2 lineup of the treecko family to 3-2-3 to improve consistency a bit, since you are running rare candy. If mr mime's only job is to prevent benched attacks, then id suggest only running 1 of them, since having 2 on the bench at the same time would be a bit of a waste. I dont know what else specifically to suggest since i dont know the exact strategy of the deck but i do know that there are alot of things that can be improved.

TBH im completely new and aside from just rocking my opponent i dont really know the strat for this deck which is why i wanted to post here and ask about what i should use or if its even a viable option. also i was running Grov 3-2-3 and someone said thats too many because i have rare candy. im very very new at the game and just wanted to see if what i came up with was completely horrible i havent even played a game yet

-1 Energy Search
-1 Escape Rope

+1 Sceptile
+1 Rare Candy

This will boost the consistency of setting up a Sceptile slightly, which I assume you want to attack with every game. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Agreed. This deck has waaaaayyyy too many 1-of's to be consistent enough to set up in time.

Here are some suggestions:

-1 Deoxys-EX
-1 Shadow Triad
-1 Espeon
-1 PokeCom
-1 Mr. Mime
-1 Energy Retrieval (All of these are unneeded and are taking up unnecessary space)
-1 Rock Guard (There are better Ace-Specs to use)

+4 Pokemon Catcher (Needed and is too good to pass up)
+2 Rare Candy (Helps set up Sceptile)
+1 Computer Search (Helps set up anything you need and is very versatile)

I would also like to add 2 more N, another Skyla, and another Treecko, but I'm not sure what to take out.

SheNinja has hit the nail on the head here, but as a side note, if you're worried about Catcher's price add an N and a Skyla instead, meaning you have just 2 or 3 Catchers. It should take precedence though.

I love all the feedback guys tbh this was my first deck and i just build around strong bench pokemon and defending them while i stall for deoxys and hope for my opponent to have high energy im still learning alot and havent even gotten to play this deck yet so any feedback is amazing.

if i wanted to use an EX which is a better option for what im running with sheninjas input

If, by the last paragraph, you mean you want to add an EX, Shaymin EX is probably your best bet. IMO you don't have the cards to effectively run it however.

Mewtwo-EX would actually work quite well. If Energy Crush was doing a bit of damage, then X-Ball can come in and sweep the rest of the Pokemon that are already damaged.

I'd honestly make this deck's lineup look more like:

4-4 Leafeon (maybe with some tech Eeveelutions, but I would only consider umbreon, flareon for next format (Genesect), the old Espeon to beat GothGor (will be gone next format anyways), and Glaceon for free retreat... I might play 1-ofs of 1 or 2, but none is safest)
4 Deoxys
There are other techs like Thundurus, Lugia, Keldeo, or Mime, but I'm not sure about any of them

13+ supporters
Probably Beaches
Laserbank
Silver Bangles
maybe some Max Potions

low energy count

Back